Internet Access and Fees

Have any of you paid for internet packages on the Allure? I was curious what the fees were. I can do without it for 7 days but if it's cheap enough I'd love to check email and maybe post a few pictures on Facebook. I understand you can use your own computer, the in-room keyboard/TV computer and other computers in various areas of the ship. Any advice? :confused:

Have any of you paid for internet packages on the Allure? I was curious what the fees were. I can do without it for 7 days but if it's cheap enough I'd love to check email and maybe post a few pictures on Facebook. I understand you can use your own computer, the in-room keyboard/TV computer and other computers in various areas of the ship. Any advice? :confused:

Try typing "Allure internet access cost" into Google and you will find the answer to your question by yourself.

DON

Try typing "Allure internet access cost" into Google and you will find the answer to your question by yourself.

DON

Sorry that Don wasted your time with that reply. Here are the rates direct from the RCCL website:

Yes, depending on the ship there are two options for staying connected while onboard.

Wireless Internet Access (Wi-Fi)

There will be six designated *"Hot Spots" which vary from ship to ship.

To use our WI-FI access, you'll need:

A laptop

Windows operating system

802.11b Wireless networking capability

The cost for Wi-Fi access through your own laptop is:

Base rate is $.65 per minute or choose from one of our prepaid packages:

$35 for 60 minutes

$55 for 100 minutes

$75 for 150 minutes

$100 for 250 minutes

$150 for 500 minutes

I second kwalt83's comment about Don

Also regarding mac users - I just downloaded windows 5.something on my macs - had to for a program that my employer makes me use.

I can't remember the website that I found it at, just googled internet explorer for mac and it came up.

Good luck

Happy sails all!!!

~ Liz

There is a booth in the On Air Club that takes your picture or video and sends it for free to whatever email addresses you specify.

That's cool, I'll have to remember that and send a video/picture to our store so the employees can see we're having a really good time :p

On the Oasis there are no specific hot spots, unlike the older ships, so Allure should have wifi everywhere and especially in the cabins.

With so much to do on the ship, I'm hoping that my addiction to the internet and facebook will fade away for the week, but having WiFi everywhere is sure a plus in my opinion

With so much to do on the ship, I'm hoping that my addiction to the internet and facebook will fade away for the week, but having WiFi everywhere is sure a plus in my opinion

I'm going to have a problem with my internet addiction too! LOL.. hoping to find lots to do on the ship to help me get through the internet withdrawals

Archived