Security of the rooms

deena26

Quick question- do the carnival rooms have those inside metal levers to protect the door in case someone entered the room with a card while you are inside- like the hotels have?? Just curious

Quick question- do the carnival rooms have those inside metal levers to protect the door in case someone entered the room with a card while you are inside- like the hotels have?? Just curious

It looks like they have a security lock on the door.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/zenphoto/index.php?album=Carnival+Liberty%2FCat+Balcony%2FStateroom+1060#13

Also, be sure and lock the balcony door if you are going to leave your stateroom while in port. There have been a very few incidents of thieves scaling the balconies to access cabins over the years.

Doc

Also, be sure and lock the balcony door if you are going to leave your stateroom while in port. There have been a very few incidents of thieves scaling the balconies to access cabins over the years.

Doc

wow, thanks for the tip. I don't know that I wouldn't have, but I definitely will now!

They have like a bolt lock that you can use when in the room and the steward cant get in..
I think that's wrong. We were taking a nap with the dead bolt on and the steward knocked lightly, then entered our cabin. Maybe our deadbolt was faulty but if not I'll bet he gets an eye full a lot.

They have a deadbolt and steward can't come in.

My kids were sleeping in the cabin and locked us out, LOL. we tried the room steward and he had to get security to come down. Darn teenagers can sleep through anything!;)

Doc

Really? Brazeh thieves!! :eek: I would be ready to repell the invaders and kick them over board! :mad:

I think that's wrong. We were taking a nap with the dead bolt on and the steward knocked lightly, then entered our cabin. Maybe our deadbolt was faulty but if not I'll bet he gets an eye full a lot.

I can attest that they do!! And in the last couple of weeks! We always throw that inside lock, well, almost always!! The steward did knock but then waited, oh two nano seconds before he opened the door. We never saw him after that! And, the inside lock was always locked!!..............Never thought about making sure the balcony door was locked, but will now, thanks!!

I also read a thread where the couple was doing more than napping (with the dead bolt on) and the steward got an eye full. ;)

Sorry for the double post.

Are you serious? :eek:

If memory serves me correctly (and it may not be), a young woman named Amy Bradley "went missing" from a balcony cabin on the Rhapsody of the Seas in the late 1990's (1998?) while vacationing with her parents and brother; RCCL maintained in the aftermath that Amy disappeared in open waters, not when the ship was docked in the Netherlands Antilles (Curacao?). Last time I heard (three or four years ago), there was a $250,000.00 reward offered.

I think of everything!!! Never would have thought to lock the balcony when we leave. Hmmmmm, maybe we shouldn't sleep with the door propped open at night this time. Never would have thunk it..

Archived