WARNING: Current Flash Sale is Not

bogeydi

If you received the latest ad from Princess for the "exclusive" savings of up to $200 for Princess Cruises Captain's Circle Members on Spring 2012 sailings - which expires March 31st - please be advised that at least as of today - the price on their website and via a TA is the same exact price offered to the general public. :( I am so far getting the runaround from Princess - as is my TA - with lots of unsatisfactory explanations. I am waiting to hear back from their Cusomter Service Department about this and have to believe that they will make it right. If you put in your Captain's Circle membership number - the price does not change. Appears then that you do not get a past princess discount - nor any "Launch Savings offer". Their explanation is that the price on their website IS the Launch Savings price. No response as to why that price is offered to everyone.

First, this isn't a "flash" sale but a general promotion, so your title is a bit misleading. Second, there is usually some fine print somewhere in the ad that has restrictions on the sailing, category, or whatever. Third, find a good TA who will give you a discounted group rate. Depending on the price of the cruise, you can do better than $200.

Agreed these are 'intro' rates and are off of the posted brochure rates. You can usually do much better than these at the right TA.

Flash sales are usually for last minute bookings are have a lot of restrictions on them.

First, this isn't a "flash" sale but a general promotion, so your title is a bit misleading. Second, there is usually some fine print somewhere in the ad that has restrictions on the sailing, category, or whatever. Third, find a good TA who will give you a discounted group rate. Depending on the price of the cruise, you can do better than $200.

First - you are correct - use of the word "flash" was inappropriate - it is a "Launch Fare". Second - there is fine print in the ad but even Princess agreed it does not restrict the type of cabin I chose. Third, my TA just called to say Princess admitted the fare I received was incorrect and did not include any discount. Princess corrected the price for me but said it may take awhile to fix the website issue. But that's why I love Princess - I knew they would make it right.

Also - forgot to mention that my TA is always lower than whatever price Princess is offering. Princess has dropped their price 4 times on our upcoming Canada/New England cruise since I booked last year - and my TA has adjusted my price everytime so that our rate is $150 less pp than the Princess price.

Pardon my lack of knowledge but would like to confirm my understanding of the term "flash". I've never seen it in anything from Princess but after reading CC boards it appears to be the same as a recent "Last Minute Deals" email, correct??? The email had mostly Caribbean deals as low as $299 for a week plus others around the world in April & just wanted to confirm that "Flash" & "Last Minute Deals" are the same thing. Could "Flash" be a TA term for "Last Minute Deals"??

Thanks in advance...just part of my CC 'continuing education. :p

Pardon my lack of knowledge but would like to confirm my understanding of the term "flash". I've never seen it in anything from Princess but after reading CC boards it appears to be the same as a recent "Last Minute Deals" email, correct??? The email had mostly Caribbean deals as low as $299 for a week plus others around the world in April & just wanted to confirm that "Flash" & "Last Minute Deals" are the same thing. Could "Flash" be a TA term for "Last Minute Deals"??

Thanks in advance...just part of my CC 'continuing education. :p

Flash fares are 'usually' after final payment, but I have heard of them even before. They are marked for new bookings only, and those already booked can normally not get their price adjusted for the flash fare rates.

The cruise line usually runs 'flash promotions' when the ship is not selling as well as they like to fill up those empty berths. ;) So, they are not always last minute only deals.

Flash fares are 'usually' after final payment, but I have heard of them even before. They are marked for new bookings only, and those already booked can normally not get their price adjusted for the flash fare rates.

The cruise line usually runs 'flash promotions' when the ship is not selling as well as they like to fill up those empty berths. ;) So, they are not always last minute only deals.

Thanks for the explanation & the restrictions appear to be similar to the last minute deals:

This offer applies to new bookings only, is capacity controlled and may not be combinable with any other public, group or past passenger discount, including shipboard credits.

It appears that the shipboard credits exclusion is why they don't allow OBCs from their FCD program which is understandable. I've also read on CC that Princess insurance is also unavailable for Flash fares...and also maybe airfare? :confused:

It's good to know that Flash fares can be available earlier than these last minute fares & will tell my TA that we may be interested in some of the Flash fares.

Thanks again! :)

It's good to know that Flash fares can be available earlier than these last minute fares & will tell my TA that we may be interested in some of the Flash fares.

Thanks again! :)

TA's have total access to flash fares, so it's best to alert them to what you are interested in, and they can contact you if they happen upon a good flash fare promotion on a cruise you aren't already booked on. ;)

TA's have total access to flash fares, so it's best to alert them to what you are interested in, and they can contact you if they happen upon a good flash fare promotion on a cruise you aren't already booked on. ;)

I'll do that...thanks. :)

On a side note, last week I heard that Toto has found a nice final resting place.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/03/24/2749858/toto-gets-final-resting-place.html

Maybe I should look into purchasing the plot next to it? ROFL

I learned another thing from you today by looking up ROFL & now know it for future usage. I've never seen it used but think it's a great acronym to convey humor. :D Laughter is the best medicine!

I had the same problem. My TA was going round and round with Princess. Everytime she called Princess no one knew about the reduced prices. Then today when she went to pay the down payment they admited there was a glich in the computer and we were given the reduced fares.

If you received the latest ad from Princess for the "exclusive" savings of up to $200 for Princess Cruises Captain's Circle Members on Spring 2012 sailings - which expires March 31st - please be advised that at least as of today - the price on their website and via a TA is the same exact price offered to the general public. :( I am so far getting the runaround from Princess - as is my TA - with lots of unsatisfactory explanations. I am waiting to hear back from their Cusomter Service Department about this and have to believe that they will make it right. If you put in your Captain's Circle membership number - the price does not change. Appears then that you do not get a past princess discount - nor any "Launch Savings offer". Their explanation is that the price on their website IS the Launch Savings price. No response as to why that price is offered to everyone.

I vote for you

I had the same problem. My TA was going round and round with Princess. Everytime she called Princess no one knew about the reduced prices. Then today when she went to pay the down payment they admited there was a glich in the computer and we were given the reduced fares.

That's great! I'm glad you were able to get the correct price. That was the only reason I posted this thread - to let people know they may not have received what was advertised. I'm sure there was no intent to mislead - hopefully they'll be able to correct it in the computer soon.

Archived