Carnival = World's Worst Web Site

GaNavy

Love their cruises, but just despise their Web site! Every time they 'improve' it, it gets more cumbersome and harder to use.

We used to be able to look at all of the fares for a cruise at once, regardless of inside/OV/balcony/suite. Now the process is so cumbersome as to make me want to book with Royal :eek: - you can't go from price-shopping for insides to OV's or balconies without backing completely out and starting over again, and answering the same questions (# of travelers? location? deck?) each time.

Want to save some cruises in the search engine? Forget it - the save function isn't working today (probably for several days).

Want to search for more than one cruise/ship/embarkation port/etc at a time? Not so fast, my friend - that used to be easy, but now you'll stumble on the page that lets you do that only by dumb luck, and then it will crash if you're trying to modify a search you've already made.

This has been going on for MONTHS - since long before my last cruise.

If I were Carnival, there would be heads rolling in the IT department. This is about as poor as customer service gets. If they really want passengers to book online instead of through TA's (subject for another thread), they need to get their act together.

Why do they require an excessively long password for account access? It isn't like I am trying to access my online checking and even that lets me use a simple word as a password, not some 12 digit meaningless code.

I have become disillusioned/annoyed with their website as well. My current beef with them is the lack of real privacy. Sometimes I go to look at some current pricing and possible future cruises and go through the steps to see what rooms are available and end up later getting a call from one of their travel agents (PVP?) that I've booked with in the past. I am not interested in talking to a travel agent, nor getting emails from a travel agent. I only want to explore with the privacy of my own computer. When I am ready to book with the travel agent I will. I feel like it's Big Brother in control of my computer. Some may think it's good business practice but I don't.

I have become disillusioned/annoyed with their website as well. My current beef with them is the lack of real privacy. Sometimes I go to look at some current pricing and possible future cruises and go through the steps to see what rooms are available and end up later getting a call from one of their travel agents (PVP?) that I've booked with in the past. I am not interested in talking to a travel agent, nor getting emails from a travel agent. I only want to explore with the privacy of my own computer. When I am ready to book with the travel agent I will. I feel like it's Big Brother in control of my computer. Some may think it's good business practice but I don't.

I've read that if you go into your Carnival account and change your phone # to a made up # they obviously can't call you. Then change it back when you are interested in hearing from them. I'm in every day but they haven't called me yet. Maybe its because I'm already booked...

I've had several issues also with their website. The most recent is that they show duplicate orders for an excursion I booked. I had to call and make sure I wasn't getting double charged. They said I wasn't and that it was an error on the site. The person on the phone was very short with me....I have a feeling they get flooded with calls about issues with their site. Just checked today and my account still has duplicate orders....oh well.

I liked it when you could have everyhting on one page, and then if there was a certain month you were looking at, you clicked it to highlight it. Anything in the other categories that was no longer and option were blacked out. made it a LOT easier to compare and narrow down your search if you weren't looking for specific dates.

They should go back to that way.

We use a different site for researching cruises. Once we decide on one, we go to the Carnival site. It works for us.

I do the same.:)

Agree with all. It is poorly designed, does not navigate well and I avoid it at all costs.

Hope you`re reading this Carnival. Scrap your current site and get a new builder.

I tried to find our Carnival Pride cruise on month ago, using the Carnival site and within minutes gave up completely.

As you did, I went to another site, searched all cruises, and cruise lines, found what I wanted and booked it. sorry Carnival, I would have booked directly through you, as we do with Princess, but just couldn't get the information needed to make an informed decission.

BUT... our cruise on Pride was great, thanks very much.

I liked it when you could have everyhting on one page, and then if there was a certain month you were looking at, you clicked it to highlight it. Anything in the other categories that was no longer and option were blacked out. made it a LOT easier to compare and narrow down your search if you weren't looking for specific dates.

They should go back to that way.

Absolutely agree.

The search function works OK if you're only looking for one cruise. But if you want to compare, it's very cumbersome, especially when (as today) the 'Saved Cruises' button at the top of the page is broken - I must have tried 15 times to view my saved cruises, no luck - just the spinning dial and "Loading."

You can compare cruises on all kinds of Web sites, but when you want to compare cruises and prices for different cabin categories at the same time, you're pretty much stuck with Carnival's site.

I do, too. I don't ever have a problem with it.
Could it be that your Operating System needs a darned good sorting-out?

If your system resources are battling with 1,000-2,000 Registry errors (easily possible, trust me!)

chances are excellent you're going to have problems with complex,busy sites

especially with minimal RAM on the board.

Get a new computer -or download a Registry cleaner

and let us know what the final tally of errors was, when it was done. :cool:

I totally agree - their new website is very frustrating. I have voiced my complaint numerous times with their IT department. Not that I expect it to do any good but I figured if enough people complain just maybe they will do something about it. I told my PVP about how frustrating it was and she accessed from a friends computer and agrees it is very frustrating.

I actually like the new website. I hate it when it doesn't pull up. It allows you to actually search between dates and drill down to what you really want. I just wish you could pick a date range of - for ex. June 28 - July 4 and didn't have to go through all the June and July cruises.

Same here, that is why I quit using Carnivals site to check out cruises, I actually booked elsewhere for my upcoming cruise,,got tired of hearing from them every time I went to their site.

I am glad I'm not the only one struggling with their website. While it's easy to navigate, I find that it often loses my search specifications when I back out of one cruise's page to look at another.

I am also having an issue with a PVP constantly contacting me the day after I look at prices on the site. We are considering a specific cruise, but are not yet ready to book. Every few days, I will check Carnival's site to monitor the price and the room availability, and without fail, she calls and emails me the next day. I feel like I'm being stalked! I have to remember to log out of the site. Last time we booked a cruise, we used DH's aunt, who is a travel agent. I was planning on using a PVP this time, but now I'm having second thoughts!

The decline in the webpage is directly proportional to the decline of service and entertainment. Cutbacks affect all aspects of the company. This is from a Carnival Platinum who is recently disappointed in all these areas for which Carnival was formerly praised.:cool:

The whole website is very badly designed and not user friendly or intuitive. We actually joked with our PVP (okay, half joked) about fixing some of the issues in exchange for future cruise(s) as DH is a computer programmer that specializes in fixing corporate screw-ups. I have to agree that every time Carnival updates their site they seem to make the problems worse, there are so many things that they could do to make it more user friendly and easier to book.

Booking = $$$ = good :p

Archived