Not so "LIVE" Allure of the Seas Review with PIX!

Regarding specialty restaurants, the only one we've tried before is Portofino (wonderful!), but after reading your review, I definitely want to try Chops and Rita's. Any others I missed or glazed over during your review that you thought were fabulous?

A note on Rita's - it's not gourmet, but it is FUN!

Chop's was our favorite and we'll be going again in February 2012. :D

I really want to go back to Giovanni's and give it another try. We had very little food there (by choice - we only ordered a "side" and not the full entree) and felt the experience fell short. However, the food that we did have was good. It is a favorite on these boards though - there must be a good reason. :)

We didn't go to 150 Central Park or Samba Grill... we didn't even go to the main dining room! LOL We'll be hitting at least one of these on our February 2012 trip.

I'm so excited thinking about the new things I want to see on the Allure! I know I won't have time to see everything, but boy am I going to give it my best shot :)

Just wait... you're going to be blown away! Even after I poured over the reviews and photographs, I was still in awe over the details and beauty of the Allure. Granted, I wasn't "surprised" by what I saw, but it was breathtaking nonetheless. Just wait and you shall see! :)

Just wait... you're going to be blown away! Even after I poured over the reviews and photographs, I was still in awe over the details and beauty of the Allure. Granted, I wasn't "surprised" by what I saw, but it was breathtaking nonetheless. Just wait and you shall see! :)

I'm doing now the same thing you did before your Allure cruise....I'm pouring through every picture and review that I can find! I've gotten myself so excited, and we're still eight and a half months away! My other half keeps asking me what I'm going to do to get through this time...I told him we'd have to take a few other vacations before then! :eek:

About a month ago I started thinking that I could grow a baby between now and our Allure 2012 cruise. I quickly came to my senses! :p

Oh my!! I'm flying to Texas for a long weekend to visit my friend, and then we're going to NY for 10 days to stay in a cabin on the lake. We normally take the kids camping for a weekend in the Fall....and then, I'll go stir crazy waiting for the cruise :)

I'm doing now the same thing you did before your Allure cruise....I'm pouring through every picture and review that I can find! I've gotten myself so excited, and we're still eight and a half months away! My other half keeps asking me what I'm going to do to get through this time...I told him we'd have to take a few other vacations before then! :eek:

Yo Buffet-I'm doing the same as you & Michelle did before. Only I've got to wait ten months to wait! Question for ya Buffetfan? If you could choose one Harbor? "One Particular Harbor" which one would it be???:)

Michelle-This thread you've created is like a good "guide" book. I wanna say educational but that sounds boring. Your "book" is better than just being educational, it's fun! I keep coming back & back to it.

*I do hope I'm still suprised after all I've seen & read about the Allure.

Yo Buffet-I'm doing the same as you & Michelle did before. Only I've got to wait ten months to wait! Question for ya Buffetfan? If you could choose one Harbor? "One Particular Harbor" which one would it be???:)

Michelle-This thread you've created is like a good "guide" book. I wanna say educational but that sounds boring. Your "book" is better than just being educational, it's fun! I keep coming back & back to it.

Snorkel Dawg...now I feel better, someone has longer to wait than me! ;)

As far as choosing one harbour - almost impossible! I absolutely loved Grand Cayman, but I have to say that Bermuda is still lvery near and dear to my heart. Love Horseshoe Bay, Tobacco Bay, heck....I like every harbour in Bermuda! Guess that means I'm a fickle Buffett fan :o

I have to say that Bermuda is still lvery near and dear to my heart. Love Horseshoe Bay, Tobacco Bay, heck....I like every harbour in Bermuda! Guess that means I'm a fickle Buffett fan :o

BF-That is pretty interesting with all the cruises listed on your signature & Bermuda's ports are your fav? We have never been, so it gives me a reason to look at a Bermuda cruise in the future. Thx for da heads up :)

Leaving you with this, one of my favs from Buffet..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_NzR5yZ1Z8

Hey Michele,

Got back Sunday after a fun filled week on Allure, it is just as beautiful and amazing as everyone has been posting! The solarium is heavenly.....I went there just about every day. One of my bucket list items was to do the flash mob, it was great fun!

We loved Samba Grill & Chop Grill. Giovannis was good, I don't feel it's worth a second try. Park 150 was quite a unique experience (will do again). We enjoyed the food! Park Cafe has really good food, we both really enjoyed the roast beef sandwiches and asparagus soup.:D

I got a massage in the vitality spa. The high pressure selling of the products afterward really detracted from the whole experience. Won't be getting a massage onboard again. :(

DH & I will definately be doing the Allure again, especially since we didn't get a chance to experience all she has to offer. Until then, we're looking forward to our next adventure....the southern carribean! :D

Thanks! It was fun writing! I wish I could write about my travel adventures every day!!! ;)

You may not be *surprised* per say, but you'll amazed nonetheless. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to NOT research a ship (ad naseum) on Cruise Critic and just explore for myself once onboard, then I think, "Nah! I'll miss something and kick myself afterwards!" Either way, cruising is a great time and I'm always ready for my next one. :D

Hey Michele,

Got back Sunday after a fun filled week on Allure, it is just as beautiful and amazing as everyone has been posting! The solarium is heavenly.....I went there just about every day. One of my bucket list items was to do the flash mob, it was great fun!

We loved Samba Grill & Chop Grill. Giovannis was good, I don't feel it's worth a second try. Park 150 was quite a unique experience (will do again). We enjoyed the food! Park Cafe has really good food, we both really enjoyed the roast beef sandwiches and asparagus soup.:D

I got a massage in the vitality spa. The high pressure selling of the products afterward really detracted from the whole experience. Won't be getting a massage onboard again. :(

DH & I will definately be doing the Allure again, especially since we didn't get a chance to experience all she has to offer. Until then, we're looking forward to our next adventure....the southern carribean! :D

Welcome home! So glad you had a great time onboard Allure. I know I'm already counting down the days when we can take our kids. My sister is getting married on that cruise (Feb 2012) so it will be even more exciting!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wasn't thrilled with the Giovanni's experience (this was somewhat our own fault due to what we ordered - or what we didn't order). I do want to try it again though. May have to give Samba a try, but I'd like to know... were there any fish/seafood options? I'll eat meat, but I'm not a meat lover, and my dad is a vegetarian (he'll be with us in February). My sister wants to do 150 Central Park to celebrate her marriage... not sure if we'll do that as a group, on our own, or pass.

So sorry to hear about your spa experience. :( That is the main reason I didn't get a massage while onboard. I've heard so many people complain about the post-treatment sales speech that I just didn't feel like dealing with it. I've read that some people will tell their "salesperson" at the very beginning that their sales speech will affect their tip. HA!

When are you going to the Southern Caribbean, and on which ship? My DH has talked with one of his co-workers about this type of cruise and is ready to do that the next time we book something for just us.

Thanks again for reading and posting! I love keeping the thread alive... makes me feel like my cruise was "just yesterday."

BF-That is pretty interesting with all the cruises listed on your signature & Bermuda's ports are your fav? We have never been, so it gives me a reason to look at a Bermuda cruise in the future. Thx for da heads up :)

Leaving you with this, one of my favs from Buffet..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_NzR5yZ1Z8

SD....that was the absolute best way I could have started my Friday morning - thank you! Put me in a perfect mood for a great summer Friday - it's going to be in the mid 80's today and low humidity. I'm so ready to go out on the water - anywhere will be fine with me! Jimmy looked so young in this video, wow! I will now proceed to play that video over, and over, and over again! :D

As far as Bermuda - I've actually heard some people say they get bored there. Bermuda isn't a large island, but when you're only there for one day it is hard to decide what to do in a limited amount of time. In my opinion, Bermuda has so much to offer, that you end up missing the natural beauty and other things to do when you’re there for one day only. With the exception of the day stop at Bermuda on my last cruise, some of the other cruises to Bermuda were docked there for a few days. I was able to really see the entire island, visit various bays, beaches, towns, historical sites, shop, eat, enjoy a few rum swizzles and dark & stormy’s! :) I love to be outside, be near the water, eat and enjoy a few drinks – Bermuda offers all of that in an absolutely perfect, beautiful setting. I have never been bored in Bermuda…but if I were going to be bored, I think Bermuda would be a pretty good place to have it happen! With all of that being said, I was only in Grand Cayman once but thought that Grand Cayman was just about perfect too. I didn’t get to see much of the island, but loved what I did see. I swam with sting rays (it’s seven years good luck for every one you kiss….I kissed two!), went to Margaritaville (of course!) and just enjoyed a little bit of shopping, food and drinks before it was time to get back on the ship. Grand Cayman is definitely one of the islands I think I could go back to and stay for a week (not all islands earn that distinction!). St. Thomas was also another island I enjoyed….could probably talk myself into going there for a week too ;) (just kidding - of course I could talk myself into going to a Caribbean island for a week!)

I knew I read about this somewhere else and now I can't find it....can someone refresh me on what the flash mob is? Thanks in advance!

Go to YouTube and do a search (i.e. Allure of the Seas Flash Mob) and you'll see exactly what it is. :)

There were notices in our Compass throughout the cruise, but we never joined the practices or saw the final product. Looks like fun though!

Michele,

Your kids are gonna love the Allure....there's so much for them to do! DH and I were waiting for the elevator one evening, when the door opened there was an elevator of little pirates. They were so cute! :)I'm sure our little grandchildren would love it on Allure....hopefully we will be able to do a family cruise in the not too distant future.

I don't remember seeing any fish but DH said there was some chilled shrimp on the salad bar. They also served yummy cheese rolls, corn on the cob, potatoes, grilled zuchini, & fried plantains with the meats.

We'll be sailing on Adventure, November 2012 out of San Juan. We love cruising in May so we are looking @ doing a short trip next May, hopefully back to Cozumel, I really enjoyed our time there!

Before you know it Feb will be here and you'll be enjoying all the things you didn't get to experience on Allure!:)

Michelle-This thread always has the best vibe! There's several people I've interacted with here and they've all been so very pleasant! This is a good positive place :)

BuffFan-Thx for sharing your Bermuda insights & opinions I enjoyed reading them. Hummm a Dark & Stormy sounds good on a hot night like tonight!

Dawg

(son of a son, of a non sailor!) :D

Michele,

Your kids are gonna love the Allure....there's so much for them to do! DH and I were waiting for the elevator one evening, when the door opened there was an elevator of little pirates. They were so cute! I'm sure our little grandchildren would love it on Allure....hopefully we will be able to do a family cruise in the not too distant future.

I don't remember seeing any fish but DH said there was some chilled shrimp on the salad bar. They also served yummy cheese rolls, corn on the cob, potatoes, grilled zuchini, & fried plantains with the meats.

We'll be sailing on Adventure, November 2012 out of San Juan. We love cruising in May so we are looking @ doing a short trip next May, hopefully back to Cozumel, I really enjoyed our time there!

Before you know it Feb will be here and you'll be enjoying all the things you didn't get to experience on Allure!:)

Yes, my kids will LOVE Ms. Allure, I am certain of that!!! :D Their first (and only) cruise was on Freedom (1/2010) and it easily competes with Disney World in their eyes. They can't wait to see Allure and were quite disappointed when my husband and I didn't take them on this cruise. Fortunately for them (and me!), they get to go on two cruises next year. :D OH, and my middle child was part of the Pirate Parade on the Freedom - a pretty cute parade! I hope you get to take your grandchildren soon! I can't imagine they wouldn't love it too.

Thanks for the Samba details. :)

Have a great Adventure cruise!!! We love the Voyager Class too.

Michelle-This thread always has the best vibe! There's several people I've interacted with here and they've all been so very pleasant! This is a good positive place :)

Thanks!!! A great compliment and much appreciated, but it goes out to allllllll those who've commented so generously here. :)

Michelle,

Thank you for the GREAT review of the Allure. I printed out a June calendar and I penciled in everything we wanted to do and I proceed to make our entertainment and specially dining choices. This was a great help when I went to make reservations. I was very lucky as I got into every show and dining venue as I planned. We are out the 26th of June and can not wait. Your review was very helpful! Thanks again!

Maria

I knew I read about this somewhere else and now I can't find it....can someone refresh me on what the flash mob is? Thanks in advance!

I did the flash mob during our Allure cruise May 22, it was a LOT of FUN!!! I've posted a link to a recent Allure flash mob....not ours b/c I couldn't find one that had a good view that you could really see what happens w/ the performers. During the week there were 4 rehearsals on the Royal Promenade to learn the dances. On Saturday, right before dinner we all performed for all who were on the promenade. No pressure....it's just good fun!:cool:

Michelle,

First of all....WOW what an amazing review. Not sure what you do for a living but, you are quite a writer. :)! The best review we have read so far. Thank you very much for all the time you spent, much appreciated by many! How was your little one when you got back? We also had that experience (2010-first time away from kids ever and one was sick enuf to get call from Dr. in Jamaica airport for fluids...2011 spring break, also honeymoon, medical release not needed, although she was sick again.:(.not as bad) 2012...we are ALL going!! Very excited! Will be first cruise for myself, DH, 3 kids and our moms..(super excited to take them....they deserve a little 'me time') Will be looking forward to your next review right before we go 2012 spring break. Also, may see you on that southern caribbean cruise? 2013 spring break. :D DH and I are thinking that is the next cruise to plan. But man...is it hard to wait for this one. :eek:

BuffFan-Thx for sharing your Bermuda insights & opinions I enjoyed reading them. Hummm a Dark & Stormy sounds good on a hot night like tonight!

Dawg

(son of a son, of a non sailor!) :D

I'd like to second Snorkel Dawg....this has been a fun group! Perhaps we need to do a group cruise for all of us sometime. I'd personally like to suggest next February 19th. Michelle - you can do a back to back cruise, and Dawg - this gives you plenty of time to book! Then we could all enjoy Rita's, Samba Grill, Chops and a few Dark and Stormy's together :) Hurry....sign up for the 2/19 sailing guys!

Michelle,

First of all....WOW what an amazing review. Not sure what you do for a living but, you are quite a writer. ! The best review we have read so far. Thank you very much for all the time you spent, much appreciated by many! How was your little one when you got back? We also had that experience (2010-first time away from kids ever and one was sick enuf to get call from Dr. in Jamaica airport for fluids...2011 spring break, also honeymoon, medical release not needed, although she was sick again..not as bad) 2012...we are ALL going!! Very excited! Will be first cruise for myself, DH, 3 kids and our moms..(super excited to take them....they deserve a little 'me time') Will be looking forward to your next review right before we go 2012 spring break. Also, may see you on that southern caribbean cruise? 2013 spring break. DH and I are thinking that is the next cruise to plan. But man...is it hard to wait for this one. :eek:

THANKS for the nice compliments! I'm currently a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) and definitely not a writer, but I love writing my trip reports/reviews for this community. Just wish I could do MORE! :)

Our girls were fine when we returned, but our son (the "baby") was not so thrilled with us. He wanted us to hold him, but wouldn't talk to us for about an hour. It took him 4 hours to start acting like himself. Can you say GUILT TRIP!?! The kids are going with us on our February 2012 Allure cruise and our November 2012 Liberty cruise - PAYBACK for leaving them behind. ;)

Have a wonderful cruise, and let me know once you get your next one planned. I'd love to do a southern Caribbean cruise if the timing and pricing were right.

I have read that on floor 14, port, forward, there is a door to the wing - is there a secret door on 14, aft?

There's no "secret" door, but there is a public balcony on both sides of the ship in the aft. Check it out.

I'd like to second Snorkel Dawg....this has been a fun group! Perhaps we need to do a group cruise for all of us sometime. I'd personally like to suggest next February 19th. Michelle - you can do a back to back cruise, and Dawg - this gives you plenty of time to book! Then we could all enjoy Rita's, Samba Grill, Chops and a few Dark and Stormy's together :) Hurry....sign up for the 2/19 sailing guys!

THANKS! BUT, since *I* started this thread, then I suggest we all cruise together on February 12, 2012. :D BF - YOU can do the B2B starting with *MY* cruise. LOL My sister's getting married that week so my plans can't change. ;)

Archived