Dream vs Freedom/Valor

familycruzr

For summer 2012, I'm looking at 7 night western on the Dream or 8 night southern on Freedom or Valor. There are pros and cons to both. If you have sailed on any of these ships, I'd like to read your thoughts. Thanks in advance for your help.

We sailed the Valor last year and enjoyed it and are doing the 8 day Freedom this year.

We were debating on the Freedom vs. Dream and our decisions came down to the freedom because we liked the additional day and most of the feedback we saw on the Dream was negative (overcrowding,etc). We figured we would wait another year or two until the newness wears off.

I'm sure which ever you decide will be a great time!

Amy

We sailed the Valor last year and enjoyed it and are doing the 8 day Freedom this year.

We were debating on the Freedom vs. Dream and our decisions came down to the freedom because we liked the additional day and most of the feedback we saw on the Dream was negative (overcrowding,etc). We figured we would wait another year or two until the newness wears off.

I'm sure which ever you decide will be a great time!

Amy

Thanks for the input. That's what I was thinking also.

I am looking at these same itineraries and the Legend as well. The Legend is so much cheaper so it has to come into the mix. We were on the 8 day Freedom Eastern in January and I love the extra day. For me and my family of four cost comes into play and all the new itineraries seem pretty expensive. They do add an extra day but I'm not sure they're worth that much more. Good luck with your decision. . . I'm stressing out trying to make mine! I like the idea of the bigger ship and waterworks for the kids on the Dream, like the extra long balcony available on the Legend and the great reviews is gets.

We have done the Freedom twice and the Dream once. We like the Freedom better, not sure why. Service on Dream was good and ship was nice but liked Freedom better. The extra day is great and we liked the itinerary better with the Freedom.

I am looking at these same itineraries and the Legend as well. The Legend is so much cheaper so it has to come into the mix. We were on the 8 day Freedom Eastern in January and I love the extra day. For me and my family of four cost comes into play and all the new itineraries seem pretty expensive. They do add an extra day but I'm not sure they're worth that much more. Good luck with your decision. . . I'm stressing out trying to make mine! I like the idea of the bigger ship and waterworks for the kids on the Dream, like the extra long balcony available on the Legend and the great reviews is gets.

I've done all three and if you are just looking at the ships then I would go with the Dream. I didn't think it was crowded at all, or at least no more than any other ship I've been on. When we did the Legend it had not gone in for dry dock yet so it needed some updates - but luckily they have been done now!

I didn't notice a huge difference between the Dream and the Freedom. Of course the dream is larger but they both have newer features and are both great ships. I however like the larger glitzier ships.

For me it usually comes down to the ports and I would probably go southern. That being said, I have never done a southern so I'll have to add it to my list!! :D

For summer 2012, I'm looking at 7 night western on the Dream or 8 night southern on Freedom or Valor. There are pros and cons to both. If you have sailed on any of these ships, I'd like to read your thoughts. Thanks in advance for your help.

Well we went on the Dream Last April(check my sig for review) And We had a blast!! It was our first time sailing with Carnival and we were more than pleased! I had read many reviews about it being to crowded and such . But gotta say we did'nt really encounter that, and we went during spring break(well , not college). The waterslides we either walked right on or a minute or two wait , and as far as the buffets, All how you time it! But with saying all that we are now 18 days before our cruise on the Freedom and I hope its everything great I've read about....I was so use to the New ship and yes the "new ship smell"(the good smell), Dream got me Spolied! But Its all how you make of it!!!! And I plan on having a blast with my babe! I'll let you know when I get back!

We have also done all 3 ships. I really enjoyed the Dream - even though we sailed during Xmas/NYE 9 day sailing, I didn't find it as badly crowded as people complained about. I liked some of the "new" things about the Dream - the Waterworks area, the adult Serenity deck was really nice. It was nice having new shows to watch. I didn't mind the lanai - but if you are getting a balcony, I wouldn't get one below deck 7 or below - too close to the hottubs. We had deck 8, and had no major issues. I always book on itinerary/price. I loved the southern itinerary we did (St. Kitts, Lucia, etc., on Miracle) so that would be a big plus for me. Also, if you get a good price on Freedom 8 day, I would go that way. My order: Dream/Freedom, Valor last.

The Valor was the first ship we cruised on. It's a very nice ship and it has an adults only pool compared to whirlpools only. The crew on the Valor was very polite and nice. We had Pituk as a server and he was awesome. We are currently booked on the Dream and what attracted me was the fact that it's the newest and it has a few different "buffet" style options such as the pasta bar and the burrito bar. We did look at the Freedom but for the same price I thought we would try the newer ship. :D

Archived