Millennium menus

cinnam0n

Just off the Millennium 10-day this week and I asked my waiter at the beginning of the cruise if it was possible to get copies of the menus. He said he would ask the his boss and let me know. Later in the cruise, the Maitre d came around during the meal and gave menus to everyone who had requested them.

I thought the food was outstanding on this cruise (and contrary to many comments I have read, I didn't think the coffee was too bad, either). I so wanted to bring the French gentlemen who made me Eggs Benedict every morning home with me!

When looking through the menus and marking down what we had eaten, I found one discrepancy between the menus we were given and the ones we actually had on the cruise. The pork bellies were indeed replaced by the osso bucco. (I had written down what we had eaten each night before we were given the menus, and everything from the night was the same except that) Just FYI

Just off the Millennium 10-day this week and I asked my waiter at the beginning of the cruise if it was possible to get copies of the menus..., the Maitre d came around during the meal and gave menus to everyone who had requested them.

t) Just FYI

Lunch too, or only dinner.?

I am after a standard dining room lunch menu..:)

Dinner ones are what we got - Our cruise was only had 2 sea days, and one of them was the special brunch that takes the place of the former Grand Buffet that use to be at midnight. So the other sea day was the only one for which the dining room was open at lunch. We did eat in the dining room that day, and it was very good.

Glad to hear you had a good cruise and the food was great. We're leaving in a few days for this same cruise. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind answering. Which nights were formal and when and where did they hold the CC party? Are there any excursions that you would recommend? We've been to all of the islands so haven't planned much. Thanks for any info you can give us. :)

Also boarding the Milennium this Friday, and looking forward to the answers from above questions....we have only 2 excursions planned, Tortola and Aruba...I have plans to go to Orient Beach, and some ideas for Barbados...the rest will "play by ear"...the rest is just pure anticipation of 10 great days!

Dining staff on the milennium were great with me last November when i asked for menus. I asked and got a big stack of them the following night. The evening menu and always available menu for each night and also the champagne buffet menu and afternoon tea and around the world wine meal menus too. I didn't manage to get the breakfast menu. Should have asked. I like them as keep sakes too, and managed to get cafe and bar menus too (pretty much anything they'd let me have).

Martinscruise,

The formal nights were both of the Saturdays (nights 2 and 9). Don't know about the CC party - we didn't attend. We did the ship's "Tortola Historical Tour," which was really excellent. On St. Martin we toured with Bernard - again, really good and well worth the money. We took Cosol's tour on St. Lucia, only because we had done it before and loved it. On Barbados, we took a taxi to Payne's Bay, where my husband snorkeled with the turtles. (you can pay for an excursion to do this, but can easily do it on your own) For Aruba, we took a city bus for $2.30 round trip/pp to Palm Beach. It was ok, but a little crowded for us. I wish I had done more research on beaches. The bus is a great bargain, though, and very easy to do. Our cruise stopped at St. Vincent instead of Grenada, so I can't help you on that. We did a half day snorkeling tour with Curacao Actief on Curacao, and had a great time. We learned a lot of history about the island, also.

You will love the Millennium. I personally thought the service was really outstanding and the crew went above and beyond to please us. Any more questions about the tours, etc. I mentioned, just ask.

Lunch too, or only dinner.?

I am after a standard dining room lunch menu..:)

Jannandjohn, there is no standard lunch menu (it changes daily), but you can find some lunch menus here: http://sailing.smugmug.com/Celebrity-Eclipse-November/MenusFood/14850454_UchZ4#1108650787_fcoSH

The lunch menus are all labelled accordingly. You'll notice that there are only MDR lunch menus on sea days, as the MDR is closed for lunch on port days and the brunch day.

Archived