Need help choosing cabin for family of four

We are hoping to bring our two teenagers on a Mediterranean cruise next summer(2012). We're thinking about the 12 day on Serenade of the Seas out of Barcelona. The prices aren't loaded yet but I don't think we can afford two balconies so could we all fit in one balcony cabin, or should we get one balcony and an inside, or two connecting oceanview or insides. I've never been in an inside before. Is there a channel on the TV where you can see the weather outside? I know we won't be in the cabin much and the excursions will be very expensive so I'm trying to keep the cost down somewhere and I would like some suggestions from anyone who's cruised with teenagers on what cabin configuration would be the best, but keeping the cost down as well.

What I do since my son is grown and on his own my daughter this year will turn 20 but still remains at home with us and we take her on all our cruises unless for some reason she cannot get off from work. I have to pay the extra rate for a single person cabin and what I do is I give her an inside cabin and I get an outside or balcony cabin. She not care she just appreciates the fact we still take her and want her to come with us. A few times we had outside cabins with no balconies and she had the same....its up to you but there is nothing wrong having the kids in an inside room. I myself and feel you probably think the same that I rather have two rooms with two toilets and showers than one, to me its worth the extra money to get the second stateroom so that everybody is comfortable and not on top of one another. Nothing wrong with an inside cabins for the kids. By the way the inside Q cabins are fine, they just at the very front or rear of the ship but my daughter had that a few times and honestly she was very happy. :)

We are hoping to bring our two teenagers on a Mediterranean cruise next summer(2012). We're thinking about the 12 day on Serenade of the Seas out of Barcelona. The prices aren't loaded yet but I don't think we can afford two balconies so could we all fit in one balcony cabin, or should we get one balcony and an inside, or two connecting oceanview or insides. I've never been in an inside before. Is there a channel on the TV where you can see the weather outside? I know we won't be in the cabin much and the excursions will be very expensive so I'm trying to keep the cost down somewhere and I would like some suggestions from anyone who's cruised with teenagers on what cabin configuration would be the best, but keeping the cost down as well.

I would go for balcony and inside across the hall.

We do a balcony for the adults and an inside for the teens unless there is a good offer on and get a connecting balcony.

The 3 boys share the cabin

this time they are having an inside promenade as it has a window over the promenade area.

Archived