Mykonos beaches etc.

beebee

How did you book a day at the Saint John Resort in Mykonos? We were going to do a tour to Delos in the morning, but a relaxing day may be a better idea. The resort looks lovely. Any help would be appreciated.

Kristin

I emailed the resort this week and they sent me a reservation form to send back, no money deposit. There are 2 options: One includes a lovely sounding lunch and massage aroudn $125 and the other just a day stay. $30.

This includes pick up and drop off! I just googled saint johns resort mykonon and it came up!

Scorpiorose - The form to send back is probably the same one that I have but it does also have "an authorisation to charge your credit card in case of non show on the scheduled day", which means that all the details would be on an email. I explained that I was not happy about that and they replied to send back the form (up to 3 days before the intended visit). I am emailing the form back (without the authorisation) and will phone them prior to the beginning of the cruise to confirm and if necessary give cc details per phone, but I'd hate to be standing waiting for their transport and it did not arrive! As we are not going until September, any comments from those who have already spent the day there - or are spending the day there - would be very much appreciated.

Pam

Could someone please give me the email address to contact this resort. We will be in Mykonos on May 24th, but leave next Friday from home. Will I have enough time to receive an answer from them?

Cruising Kristin - Did you get an idea of how long the excursion is? We would like to have some down time in town before the ship leaves at 6:00 pm. We would only be interested in the pool/beach.

They sent us a form that others are talking about on this thread. On the form, you can indicate the time of arrival and departure. I would like to walk around in town before heading back to the ship.

I received a response the next day from Evagelia Vergini - Saint John Hotel [sales@saintjohn.gr]

We went to the Saint John last year. They picked us (three couples on the Ruby Princess) up in their shuttle and it was a 15-minute ride to the resort. We had massages at the resort. There was no lunch/massage package. We just ordered sandwiches there. The food was good. The pool is beautiful, especially overlooking the ocean. We also went down to the beach to swim in the sea. On the way back, the other two couples were dropped off in town and we opted for the ride back to the ship. It's a nice getaway and the resort is not crowded. I recommend. This is the kind of place I could stay for a week. :cool:

I'm surprised that you haven't heard back yet. They responded the next morning when I emailed them. I think that a previous post said that they officially open today for season so maybe they are very busy. If you give me your email, I can forward the information I received to you.

Kristin

• 3 weeks later...

We are back from a wonderful cruise, and the best, most relaxing day was our time at the St. Johns Resort, and in the town of Mykonos. :)

Thank you again for the suggestion to check St. Johns out. ;) Well worth the 30pp! The people couldn't have been any nicer to us. They even gave us a tour of a couple of rooms when we were leaving. Smart on their part, as we plan to return either by ship or for a land vacation. Loved Mykonos! I don't think I could love a place more than Santorini.

We spent the bulk of our time lounging next to the infinity pool, and took a short walk along the pebbly beach (not very big) where I found some sea glass. The restaurant, bar and bathroom facilities are nice.

Oh, watch out, the bar drinks are really strong! :eek:

We are back from a wonderful cruise, and the best, most relaxing day was our time at the St. Johns Resort, and in the town of Mykonos. :)

Thank you again for the suggestion to check St. Johns out. ;) Well worth the 30pp! The people couldn't have been any nicer to us. They even gave us a tour of a couple of rooms when we were leaving. Smart on their part, as we plan to return either by ship or for a land vacation. Loved Mykonos! I don't think I could love a place more than Santorini.

We spent the bulk of our time lounging next to the infinity pool, and took a short walk along the pebbly beach (not very big) where I found some sea glass. The restaurant, bar and bathroom facilities are nice.

It's a great place.

Edited by Ljberkow

Glad to help out. The Saint John Resort is a great way to spend a day in Mykonos. At 30 euros per person with round trip door to door transportation from ship included, it's a great deal. We also would go back there and stay on a land vacation. It is relaxing and fun and a great break from a very hectic Med itinerary and even the cruise ship. That pool is outstanding too.

CruisinManiac - thanks for coming back with your very positive thoughts on Saint Johns. Did you phone them prior to leaving to let them know when to pick you up from the port and did you give them your credit card details when booking? Glad you had a great cruise - Pam

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to hear this! I am looking into this as a possibility for our time in Mykonos next month. How long did you stay at the resort?

I'm glad to hear this! I am looking into this as a possibility for our time in Mykonos next month. How long did you stay at the resort?

Wow- the hotel looks fabulous. I have just emailed them.

How long did you stay at the hotel for as we are thinking of having dinner back in town as we do not sail till midnight. Were the transfer times fixed or do they drive you back when you are ready to go?

How long did you stay at the hotel for as we are thinking of having dinner back in town as we do not sail till midnight. Were the transfer times fixed or do they drive you back when you are ready to go?

and I got a reply 31 minutes after emailing them! Impressed!

• 2 weeks later...
CruisinManiac - thanks for coming back with your very positive thoughts on Saint Johns. Did you phone them prior to leaving to let them know when to pick you up from the port and did you give them your credit card details when booking? Glad you had a great cruise - Pam

Sorry that I am just now seeing these questions. ;)

We did not call before leaving on our cruise. Email was sufficient. We did go ahead and give our credit card number and a pick-up time. I faxed the form from my husbands office.

Our pick-up time was for 9:00am. When we arrived in Mykonos, it was slightly overcast, cool and windy. At that time, we regretted our decision, however, once we got over to the resort, the weather was beautiful! :)

We stayed about 5 hours, and this included check-in and check-out, plus a tour of a suite that we asked for. Very nice rooms with a view!

BTW - The driver was a few minutes late, and we were not sure where to meet. For those yet to go, either a van (with hotel name on the side) or a car type SUV will pick you up right in front of the ship (there is a row of parking spaces - not to be confused with the large parking lot that we were waiting near :rolleyes:).

When we were ready to leave, we had the pool bar phone the front desk for us. They sent the smaller SUV down to get us. Once leaving the resort, we asked to be dropped off in town. From town, you need to take the cruiseline shuttle back to the ship. There is a cost of about $5-$10 per person. Can't remember. We bought the bus pass - good for both ways) before leaving the ship.

We had a rental car to explore the rest of the island in the afternoon. Lots of nice beach options.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Is parking easy and free with a rental car if we wanted to stop and check out several beaches - or is it a pain? Any advice you can provide is much appreciated!

Hum....after seeing these videos of Paradise and super paradise beach, I think we'll opt for the resort....this is way to busy and "young" partiers for us!

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/super-paradise-beach-mykonos-greece-2007/f24e66850611753b9822f24e66850611753b9822-501771863348?q=super%20paradice%20beach%20mykonos

Thanks for link...

• 5 years later...
We booked a day at the Saint John Resort in Mykonos. They picked us up at the dock and brought us back as part of a price of 30 euros per person. The resort is beautiful and the pool looks out on top of the sea. I got to swim in both. There is a poolside restaurant/snack bar there.

How did you book you one day pass? Which contact do you have for St Johns, please?