air arrival time

I do not know what I was thinking when I booked our flights to Fort Lauderdale. We do not arrive until 1 pm. Do you think that is cutting the time too close? It will cost $900 in change fees for the 6 of us.

No, the port is closeby and muster is around 5:00 (?) and we sail after that. Sometimes the ship sails later depending on various things. You should be on the Allure by 2:30 or maybe earlier. Depends on how long it takes to claim luggage and get a taxi etc.

No, the port is closeby and muster is around 5:00 (?) and we sail after that. Sometimes the ship sails later depending on various things. You should be on the Allure by 2:30 or maybe earlier. Depends on how long it takes to claim luggage and get a taxi etc.

OP you should be fine..don't dawdle...Muster is at 4:30pm..Don't ever count on a ship sailing late it rarely does...

Are you talking about the Allure (the board you are on) or the C entury (as in the Count down clock)?

In either case, you must be checked in by 3:30. If everything goes well, that will work. But, if there are weather problems or mechanical problems, etc., you are cutting it quite close for Fort Lauderdale and very close for Miami (Century).

I would not take those chances.

Then you should be fine! It's not a long ride from the airport to the port. Are you retrieving your own luggage or did you go through RCI or a luggage transport as that may save time as well......

However, for future reference, that is cutting it close!! ;)

Then you should be fine! It's not a long ride from the airport to the port. Are you retrieving your own luggage or did you go through RCI or a luggage transport as that may save time as well......

However, for future reference, that is cutting it close!! ;)

Is there an option for RCCL to transport your luggage?

I would definitely be watching the news and weather reports the few days before your cruise. Fortunately I assume you are flying out of Atlanta and their are a lot of options, but if I would try and figure out where your flight originates from before getting to Atlanta. If for example its coming from Cleveland and they are predicting a freak spring snow storm, I'm go ahead at the last minute and try to fly out a day early.

As long as there are no flight delays you should be fine. You must be at the port and through boarding proceedures no later the 3pm. It is a 10 min ride to port by cab. The shuttles by RCCL stop by about 1:30. The 3:30 pm time is by Home land things. The ship must have their final manifest ready by 3 pm for a 5 pm departure. They cut off boarding by 3.

Archived