Please explain......

Howard-Moore

Okay, I have talked with 2 different CCL employee's and have been given 2 different stories. Can someone please explain this to me.......

I booked a cabin for my niece, her husband, and their 2 kids. I booked the early saver rate and paid 250.00 per person ($1000.00) deposit for them to be able to cruise with us.

Niece is 1st person

Niece's husband 2nd person

kid 1- 3rd person

kid 2-4th person

Well, my niece and her husband has decided they will be going their seperate ways and he will not be cruising with us anymore.

So, I called CCL and removed him from the booking. I was told that out of the 250.00 deposit that 50.00 would be taken out for removing his name and the rest would be "saved" and could be used towards a future booking OR I could fill out a transfer request and get the money transfered to my name for a future booking.... So of course I asked for the form.

The lady I spoke to told me that the amount to be requested on the form would be $139.00 and they would take 25.00 out of that for processing which would put $114.00 on my name.

SO here's the first thing I dont understand and I really dont think either of the 2 people from CCL could tell me either....... HOW did 200.00 all of a sudden go to 139.00? (I mean I totally am happy for whatever I can get back but I just dont want to get taken either)

Okay so......

When I removed him from the booking Kid 1 then became 2nd passanger (same rate as first person 644.00) kid 2 became 3rd passanger (189.00 rate)

SECOND thing I dont understand..... They then charged the booking a $189.00 PENALITY.......... Why?

I am not mad at CCL because I booked the rate as Early Saver rate and I know they have rules and policies they have to go by. I just want to understand all the charges and neither of the reps could explain to me. :-(

Thanks for helping and sorry for such a long version! :-)

Okay, I have talked with 2 different CCL employee's and have been given 2 different stories. Can someone please explain this to me.......

I booked a cabin for my niece, her husband, and their 2 kids. I booked the early saver rate and paid 250.00 per person ($1000.00) deposit for them to be able to cruise with us.

Niece is 1st person

kid 1- 3rd person

kid 2-4th person

Well, my niece and her husband has decided they will be going their seperate ways and he will not be cruising with us anymore.

So, I called CCL and removed him from the booking. I was told that out of the 250.00 deposit that 50.00 would be taken out for removing his name and the rest would be "saved" and could be used towards a future booking OR I could fill out a transfer request and get the money transfered to my name for a future booking.... So of course I asked for the form.

The lady I spoke to told me that the amount to be requested on the form would be $139.00 and they would take 25.00 out of that for processing which would put $114.00 on my name.

SO here's the first thing I dont understand and I really dont think either of the 2 people from CCL could tell me either....... HOW did 200.00 all of a sudden go to 139.00? (I mean I totally am happy for whatever I can get back but I just dont want to get taken either)

Okay so......

When I removed him from the booking Kid 1 then became 2nd passanger (same rate as first person 644.00) kid 2 became 3rd passanger (189.00 rate)

SECOND thing I dont understand..... They then charged the booking a $189.00 PENALITY.......... Why?

I am not mad at CCL because I booked the rate as Early Saver rate and I know they have rules and policies they have to go by. I just want to understand all the charges and neither of the reps could explain to me. :-(

Please share what the Carnival rep told you when you asked these questions and what reason the rep gave you for not being able to explain.

they probably cancelled the 4th pax, and that rate was $139.... or maybe its $189 ($189 minus the $50 penalty would be $139...so that seems even more likely?)

I had a 7 day cruise and $179 what my 3rd and 4th person rate was, though I had to pay the full deposit (even though the deposit was more than the rate, so part of the deposit winds up going toward pax 1 and 2 to pay their rate down).

So what was the actual rate for pax 3 and 4?? Thats my guess anyway from the numbers, though there is a lot we dont know.

I always thought the early saver deposit was non refundable.

If you are before final payment you pay a $50 pp penalty, and the rest of the deposit goes toward a future cruise with Carnival.

The OP paid for the other pax, so thats why she has to sign the form and fax it in ..so the rest of the credit goes to her, not the person she cancelled off.

they probably cancelled the 4th pax, and that rate was $139.... or maybe its $189 ($189 minus the $50 penalty would be $139...so that seems even more likely?)

I had a 7 day cruise and $179 what my 3rd and 4th person rate was, though I had to pay the full deposit (even though the deposit was more than the rate, so part of the deposit winds up going toward pax 1 and 2 to pay their rate down).

So what was the actual rate for pax 3 and 4?? Thats my guess anyway from the numbers, though there is a lot we dont know.

This makes sense as long as the $61 does end up going towards the final cost of the booking because it would be better to get back 139 and have the 61 go towards the cost of the other passengers than have a $200 credit.

If you are before final payment you pay a $50 pp penalty, and the rest of the deposit goes toward a future cruise with Carnival.

The OP paid for the other pax, so thats why she has to sign the form and fax it in ..so the rest of the credit goes to her, not the person she cancelled off.

I wish I would have known that back in July. I put down the deposit for my friend and her DH in their own cabin. They backed out and never paid me for the deposit. I would have gladly used that money toward another cruise.

Niece is 1st person

kid 1- 3rd person

kid 2-4th person

Okay so......

My guess is, you didn't pay the full $250 deposit for kid 1 originally, you just paid their fare in full since it was $189. Now that kid 1 is passenger 2, he is required to pay $250 deposit since his fare is now $644. So out of your $200 refund, they are taking out $61 so that kid 1's deposit is $250 ($189 you paid + $61 from your refund) Leaving you with $139.

To answer your second question, how do you know they are charging you a penalty? If you are looking at your booking on line, what you might be seeing is the credit of -$189 for kid 1's original booking, then they will move him to passenger 2, which you have already taken care of. This is something that has always confused and irritated me. Carnival shows credits and charges on the same line in the booking details, and it's often hard to tell if you owe them money or they owe you money in the form of OBC or something. But if you do the math, it usually adds up. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Well, that debunks my theory, although my math did add up.. :)

I wish I would have known that back in July. I put down the deposit for my friend and her DH in their own cabin. They backed out and never paid me for the deposit. I would have gladly used that money toward another cruise.

You can still get it. Call CCL and have the 'transfer of credit" form sent to you. You will need to complete the form, get it notarized and send it back with proof that it was you that paid the deposit, a copy of your credit charge will work.

This is what the 2nd rep was trying to explain to me.....

1st and 2nd passanger rate is 644.00 and 3rd and 4th was 189.00.

She was saying even though the desposit was 250.00 per person and even though my niece's husband was booked as 2nd passanger they had to move him to 4th passanger and then everyone else would move up.

This sounds right as to where I would get the transfer of credit, which is great! I will take a 1.00 anything is better than nothing for me.....

I just dont want my niece to have to pay the 189.00 "Penalty" :-(

Howard-Moore--

From your original booking info, what was the 1st and 2nd Passenger Rate, and what was the 3rd and 4th Passenger rate for your cabin? thanks, Ken

1st (Niece) 644.00

2nd (N's Husband) 644.00

3rd (Child 1) 189.00

4th (Child 2) 189.00

Then once N's Husband was removed it became

1st (Niece) 644.00

2nd (Child 1) 644.00

3rd (Child 2) 189.00

Penalty 189.00

(I called CCL again yesterday and asked if it was a penality or a credit where it says penality's and credits and she said its a penality)

You can still get it. Call CCL and have the 'transfer of credit" form sent to you. You will need to complete the form, get it notarized and send it back with proof that it was you that paid the deposit, a copy of your credit charge will work.

If you need/want the from I can e-mail it to you..... Just let me know.

Archived