Fluid Pricing??

vizzog

Regarding all the posts about brochure price versus booking price.

I have a Caribbean cruise booked on Azura for Nov 2011 and am fortunate to be able to consider booking another cruise for the following March 2012.

I booked a balcony with upgraded flights with my local TA last May for £3600 with £200 OB.

I have asked for a price on a similar cruise on Azura next March with same grade balcony and premium upgraded flights from both P&O and my TA and nearly fell of my chair!! The quote was nearly £5100!!! with £100 OB. Surely supply and demand cannot justify a £1500 increase in a cruise 3 months later on same ship! :eek::eek:

Even with fuel and tax increases I cannot see this huge increase is justified.:confused:

I have booked my last two cruises through our local Thomas Cook and they have always been able to discount further the early booking discount applied by P&O. TC have since told me that certain cruise lines (P&O included) are putting a stop to travel agents further discounting fares as they want everybody to have the same chances. Whatever happened to free enterprise? I would agree that November prices are cheaper than Feb/March and of course there is the fuel surcharge to contend with, but no, it's not justified to load some of these prices because they know us cruise addicts will travel regardless.

A couple of days ago I booked a suite on Arcadia for Oct 2012. Every travel agent I tried, both on line and high street quoted exactly the same price as P and O direct. I used P and O in the end. The price I paid is cheaper than the same cruise I am doing this Oct on Oceana and includes an extra day so am well pleased. Dennis

Archived