Who has cruised the Mediterranean in March?

Roxxy

Just wondering what weather to expect. It looks like Rome will be cold but how about Turkey, Cypress, Israel and Egypt? I have booked for the last two weeeks in March of 2012 but am starting to get cold feet just looking at the temperatures just past in Rome..........:eek:

Just wondering what weather to expect. It looks like Rome will be cold but how about Turkey, Cypress, Israel and Egypt? I have booked for the last two weeeks in March of 2012 but am starting to get cold feet just looking at the temperatures just past in Rome..........:eek:

We just did a cruise out of Barcelona 18-29 March to Morocco, Canary Islands and Malaga. It was chilly until we arrived in Morocco.

I have been to Athens in March and it was pretty nice, not chilly. Egypt is not chilly in March. I was there in December and it was 90 degrees.

I've been to all these places except for Cypress in March.

Turkey will have moderate temperatures likely with highs in the 50's and 60's, possibly warmer. Nice time of the year to be there as the temperature is much more moderate and it is less crowded than the summer.

Egypt will still be relatively hot.

Israel's highs could range from the 50's to say the 70's.

We've enjoyed our March cruises to these areas.

Keith

We just came back from our March Cruise in the Mediterranean...it was great. A little cold in the early morning but during day time, with the sunshine, it was awesome. Not so many tourists yet in towns and not fully booked on board, so the perfect time to cruise.:)

Cyprus* is usually just starting to warm up nicely at the end of March. At that time there tends to be a run of 6 or 7 days of clear and bright days followed by a shorter run, perhaps 2 or 3 days, of inclement weather. Evenings are still chilly but assuming you have just one day you have better than even odds of good weather.

The historic average for mid-March is low 60s; out of the wind and in a protected spot it can be really quite warm.

Mands

* The spellings aren't interchangeable; Cyprus is the country, Cypress are the towns/cities in USA and Canada. If you are researching online then you'll get a whole host of irrelevant information if you search for 'Cypress'.

Archived