Oasis of the Seas - Spring Break - April 2011

BMJJR

Thanks Seadog! Your nice comment is very much appreciated. I had a lot of fun doing those videos. I just wish I could do more than one a year!

P.S. I f you book the same Solstice cruise......I'll give you a cameo role in next year's video :-)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the nice comment Megan!.....it really is appreciated! I agree with you, my favorite video was the Liberty of the Seas video. More family & friends = more fun = more video opportunities :-) Feel free to join us on a future cruise and we will get you in the video :-)

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the nice comment!

I'm impressed with the amount of cruises you have been on and the ones you are already scheduled for.......jealous actually :-) If you don't mind me asking......are you retired? We have actually thought of retiring to FL because of low taxes and last minute cruise deals.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the nice comment Megan!.....it really is appreciated! I agree with you, my favorite video was the Liberty of the Seas video. More family & friends = more fun = more video opportunities :-) Feel free to join us on a future cruise and we will get you in the video :-)

Thanks again!

You've gone on the ships I'm looking at. What is your favorite ship on Royal Caribbean? Is Labadee a must not miss?

Hi Megan,....in my opinion the best ships on Royal Caribbean are Oasis and Allure. Nothing else (from any cruise line) can compare to those two ships.

Having said that, ....simply going on the best ship doesn't guarantee you will have the best time/experience. Don't get me wrong, the ship you choose will have a big impact on your overall experience.....but its just one of several factors. Other factors like the people you travel with, the ports and shore excursions you select will also play a big role in your overall experience.

I loved the Oasis and consider it to be the nicest ship I've ever been on.....but I probably had a better time on the Freedom of the Seas because of the ports and excursions.

Labadee is one of my favorite ports because there is so much to do and everything is so easy to get to. ....and the lunch buffet on the beach is included in your cruise! If you like to just fall asleep on a hammock or if you are an adrenaline junkie.....this stop has something for everyone.

• 1 month later...

We are leaving on a cruise April 1st (on Celebrity Solstice). It's a small group (just the 2 of us and my parents)......but I should have a new video out sometime later in April :-)

Stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BMJJR, guess what? I booked my first cruise on Freedom for December! I've watched all your videos(multiple times) I want to know if you can share with me what you've done in the following ports of call. Labadee, Georgetown Grand Cayman, Falmouth Jamaica, and Cozumel.

Thanks!

That's awesome!!! I'm very happy and excited for you! You will have a great time!

I'd be happy to offer my thoughts on these ports....but keep in mind that I'm a beach/water person so all of my favorites/suggestions revolve around that. If you are not a beach person, my suggestions wont be helpful :-)

Labadee - GREAT port!! Since this is your first cruise, don't spend money on excursions here. Just walk off the boat, onto the pier and then on to the beach. This is a great place to relax on the beach in a shady area, walk around (lots to see) and eat a FREE bar-b-q lunch on the beach (provided by the ship). This is a great excursion that will cost you nothing extra!!! (first port in my Oasis video)

Grand Cayman - no pier here, you will take a small boat/tender into Georgetown. You can buy an excursion or just take a cheap cab to 7 Mile Beach (this place is the last beach in my Liberty video).

Falmouth - most first timers to Jaimaica like to do Dunns River Falls. This is a good option but it is closer to Ocho Rios and a little too far from Falmouth for my taste. We went to a beach here (can't recall the name). the beach was beautiful and it is in my oasis video.

Cozumel - My previous favorite was the catamaran ride, snorkle and beach excursion. this is a great excursion (as seen in the liberty video).....but my new favorite is the passion island excursion (as seen in my new clebrity solstice video)....you will be very happy with either of these.

Check tripadvisor and cruise critic for more feedback and details on these excursions.

Good luck and have fun planning your cruise!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Megan,

The zip line is a lot of fun and definitely worth doing at least once. The ONLY downside (for me) was that by the time you get your gear, watch the safety video, and do a practice run on a low/small zip line......it took up most of our time there. You might want to consider doing the zip line first thing/early in the morning so you will have time left to explore this unique place.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Megan!

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond......but it is almost impossible to find videos on cruise critic since they changed the website!

You did a great job on your video! I really enjoyed watching it!

Soooooo.......was the cruise everything you hoped it would be??? What did you like most/least?

We are going on Allure of the Seas this April. Stopping in Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel.

I need some ideas...song choices for a new video....got any??? :-)

Archived