bed bugs

sweetpealisagj

There have been zero verified reports of bedbugs on Carnival ships for several years.

On those ships where actual cases exist extreme measures are taken to eliminate the infestation. Without fail, the insects are brought on board most likely from a hotel that the guest stayed in just prior to boarding the ship.

:)

have you ever seen them on the ship or been bitten :confused::confused::confused: my dh & ds is worried about

To make them feel better you can google about bedbugs and how to check to make sure there aren't any signs of them in your bed.

I never bother checking on my cruises, but often check in some hotels...

i worry though of bringing them home.....i've heard they are costly to eradicate. Luggage for 3....where do you store the luggage if not under the bed?

Bed bugs do get into the seams of luggage while in your hotel room or a cabin.

If you are concerned, all you have to do, is line the inside of your luggage with large plastic trashbags and after you unpack, place your luggage in the bags and seal them until you repack.

Taking any home is much worse than actually getting bit.

Bill

i worry though of bringing them home.....i've heard they are costly to eradicate. Luggage for 3....where do you store the luggage if not under the bed?

If you are asking about where to store them in a hotel, I've heard the safest place is to keep them in the bathroom or even in the tub.

If you are concerned about the ship (which you really shouldn't be), store them under the bed wrapped in a trash bag or in one of the closets. The one full length closet can store a couple bags, especially if you can store one inside the other.

lol every time I'm about to leave a bedbug thread pops up...they are my worst nightmare! I frantically check every hotel bed and cruise bed for signs of bedbugs before I do anything else! I'm not worried about getting bit, its bringing them into my home that scares me! I also bring trash bags to store my luggage in just in case!

Never seen them on a cruise ship, or a hotel. But my daughter's college room-mate brought them into their shared room. Then left for Xmas break.

My daughter had to contact college people who verified they were indeed bed-bugs. They brought in this weird type of cooker. So had to put anything she wanted to bring home into it, and it cooked at 120 degrees for 8 hours ?Something like that? Other things, like electronics, or her guitar, had to be placed in sealed, taped garbage bags. I left them in our cold garage over winter holiday. If she wanted something from them, we inspected things very carefully. They disinfected/cooked the dorm room before the girls got back. Daughter says she has not seen any since.

Very yucky!

Archived