Jim & Kellyn's Carnival Glory B2B 2011

Spaniel Lover

I'm just starting the review, but I just wanted to say that so far your pictures are breathtaking, and they make me miss the Glory very much. It is a beautiful ship, and though we only did the Eastern itinerary, it is fun to see the ports of call again...makes me feel very nostalgic and surprisingly a little, well, homesick? Off to heat up my lunch and spend my work break enjoying this review!

What would you do to celebrate your anniversary? I think the obvious choice is to head to the best restaurant on the ship... the Steakhouse.

CarnivalGlorySteakhouse.jpg

Dinner in the Carnival Glory's Steakhouse, to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary

Look at the size of that Porterhouse steak! If we had been smart, we would have brought along one of the two bottles of champagne that Carnival had given us... but we forgot. Notice those especially fancy square plates! And in case you're wondering what that is on Kellyn's plate... it's Chilean Sea Bass.

When we got back to our cabin after dinner, our cabin stewards had created something special for our anniversary...

CarnivalGlory-SwanTowelAnimals.jpg

Since we were dressed nicely, we decided to pose for a self-portrait...

30thWeddingAnniversary.jpg

And then we changed in to more comfortable clothes and headed up to the Serenity Area to drink one of those bottles of champagne...

CarnivalGlory-SerenityToast.jpg

Now you are really starting to see why I bring a tripod along with me on a cruise!

Such beautiful pictures, you really are a cute couple!!

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love the search feature on this forum.... because it brought me to this review with lots of pictures and terrific video!!!

But time for bed ( work in the morning, have to pay for my cruise :p)

Looking forward to reading the rest tomorrow.

:D

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your pictures and review. Will be sailing in less then 2 month on the glory and we cant wait. Is MahoganyBay as beautiful as on your pictures and is the beach free no charge access???

Thanks again and hope to bring back beautiful pictures myself.

We will be sailing the Glory on 1-15-2012 to the Eastern Caribbean with my high school classmates. This review is fabulous. The best I've ever read. Your photos are amazing. I feel like I'm right there! I have a couple questions. Our cabin is also on the Lido deck. Is there laundry on that floor, if not where? Did they have the late night "Chocolate Buffet"? Thanks so much.:)

• 8 months later...

Dude you got totally scammed by that guy in San Juan he's been doing that for years. There is actually a whole thread on him, kinda funny because San Juan is unbelievably safe and you where worried about people the the dude who looks like a victim beat you for 20 bucks.

• 3 months later...

Hi.

I'd like to add my name to the list of those who enjoyed your review.

Me and my family are going on the Glory this summer to Canada and New England, and your information about the ship is incredibly helpful. I sincerely hope they did not remove that secret jacuzzi during Glory's drydock in this past fall.

Again, my thanks.

Archived