Zuiderdam Thermal Suite -- What is it?

dan1618

Are there saunas or steam rooms available to passengers not purchasing the package?

Not AFAIK. You could purchase a Thermal Suite single day pass which was $40 for this solo traveller in late Jan. on Eurodam, though I'd recommend stopping by the spa desk early on embarkation day as I understand these day passes are in limited quantities. :)

Not AFAIK. You could purchase a Thermal Suite single day pass which was $40 for this solo traveller in late Jan. on Eurodam, though I'd recommend stopping by the spa desk early on embarkation day as I understand these day passes are in limited quantities. :)

When we were on the Noordam in December I asked about a day pass and was told none were going to be offered. I figured they were either trying to force me to pay for a weekly pass or they were almost sold out of weekly passes and at that point no day passes would be sold.

I was so put off I just said "No Thank You" and left.

Sorry, I am not familiar with AFAIK.

So, if I were to want to work out in the gym, I would not have a sauna or steam room to use after unless I have bought a package? Not even an ordinary sauna?

Other cruise lines sell packages for thalosotherapy pools and heated benches with scented steam rooms and such but they also include a general area for a sauna and steamroom for those who only want to use them after their workout. To not have that option would be most disappointing.

Has anyone had any personal experience with this?

Sorry, I am not familiar with AFAIK.

Then perhaps this sticky might help:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1296222

AFAIK is As Far As I Know.

So, if I were to want to work out in the gym, I would not have a sauna or steam room to use after unless I have bought a package? Not even an ordinary sauna?

Other cruise lines sell packages for thalosotherapy pools and heated benches with scented steam rooms and such but they also include a general area for a sauna and steamroom for those who only want to use them after their workout. To not have that option would be most disappointing.

Has anyone had any personal experience with this?

Sorry, no, not that I ever saw onboard Eurodam though can't speak for all HAL ships. I was on CEL Solstice a few weeks back and stayed in a suite so had free access to Persian Garden, which is what they call their thermal suites, and like the Eurodam the sauna & steamroom were directly off the thermal suite room and was accessible only by guests through the spa. Downside was they didn't offer the same T pool as was on Eurodam though did enjoy my time in the steamroom and staring out at the sea from the heated tiles loungers.

When we were on the Noordam in December I asked about a day pass and was told none were going to be offered. I figured they were either trying to force me to pay for a weekly pass or they were almost sold out of weekly passes and at that point no day passes would be sold.

I was so put off I just said "No Thank You" and left.

But when did you ask about the day pass? I'd read here that you almost have to do it right at time of embarkation and so I did and no no troubles using it a few days later. Next time on HAL I'll do the same as really enjoyed the thermal suite experience. :)

Archived