Zuiderdam Thermal Suite -- What is it?

dan1618

From the HAL website...Rates vary according to length of cruise.

TheGreenhouse Retreat

TheGreenhouse Retreat is a communal relaxation center that has an ambiance imilar to a Turkish Bath. Different grottos and chambers release a variety of dry heat, steam and mists into the air with aromatherapy filled vapors. Relax on a heated ceramic lounge and allow the pressures of life to rinse away.

TheGreenhouse Pool The bubbling ocean water is rich with trace elements and vitamins, helping to emineralize the body. Gently heated to body temperature, the hydrotherapy pool alleviates arthritic pain, soothes sore muscles and offers relief for sports injuries.

img_HydroPool.jpg

It is very nice. I was finally going to do the whole meal deal on our 20 day cruise. With 7 days at sea, I figured why not? then NORO hit.

NO thermal spas, no hot tubs, no nothing. I do plan on doing it on the Prinsendam this fall, God willing :)

What it is is WONDERFUL.....just back from partial Panama Canal on the Zuiderdam.

Went to the spa and pool at least once each day. Suanas, ceramic heated loungers, and that terrific spa pool. Very relaxing, never crowded as people all had different interests ans schedules. Take the tour when you get on the ship. Price does depend on the lenght of your cruise. You will not be disappointed.

What it is is WONDERFUL.....just back from partial Panama Canal on the Zuiderdam.

Went to the spa and pool at least once each day. Suanas, ceramic heated loungers, and that terrific spa pool. Very relaxing, never crowded as people all had different interests ans schedules. Take the tour when you get on the ship. Price does depend on the lenght of your cruise. You will not be disappointed.

Ours is a 7 day. Any idea what they are currently charging for that?

we don't use the thermal spa

but i was just going over a bunch threads

the prices people were quoting are all over the board

some were saying that a day pass is $40 while others said $20 per person

some were quoting prices for a 7 day cruise at $150 per person -- while others were getting prices of $150 for a couple

check out these threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1312462&highlight=price+for+thermal+suite

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1343456&highlight=price+for+thermal+suite

we don't use the thermal spa

but i was just going over a bunch threads

the prices people were quoting are all over the board

some were saying that a day pass is $40 while others said $20 per person

some were quoting prices for a 7 day cruise at $150 per person -- while others were getting prices of $150 for a couple

check out these threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1312462&highlight=price+for+thermal+suite

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1343456&highlight=price+for+thermal+suite

I am looking at getting it because my wife has chronic pain issues that cold and rain exacerbate and was thinking this might be a nice retreat from that now and then.

Does HAL randomly change the prices? Or can the price be negotiated? :D

no negotiations

some ships sell out the weekly quickly --- others don't

some people have gotten an embarkation deal -- some haven't

hard to predict what will happen for your cruise

Thanks. Was afraid it was going to be like buying a car. :D

yup :D

thankfully our saleslady at cochran has known us for years and is prepared for a long day when we come in

Can I ask the general area you are from? We have a huge dealer named Cochran's right near us.

small world

joe grew up in port view

I grew up in McKeepost

we are both graduates of McKeesport High School

Nice to know I've been getting advice from a Pittsburgher. Makes me trust it even more. :)

Now maybe we can petition HAL to call them "pop" cards and change the name of the laundry to the "worsh".

don't think hal will go for it

which cochran is near you now?

if i were you i would call ship services at 1-800-541-1576 and ask about prices for the thermal pool/spa

Monroeville.

When you originally posted about Cochran's, I thought you could be anywhere in the country. Not like Cochran is an unusual last name. :) For some reason, I was pegging you as being Northwest US, maybe because you seemed to know so much about Vancouver.

I am looking at getting it because my wife has chronic pain issues that cold and rain exacerbate and was thinking this might be a nice retreat from that now and then.

Does HAL randomly change the prices? Or can the price be negotiated? :D

If you know this is something you will want to get for your wife, you can call HAL ahead of time and buy it, which would alleviate the possibility that they will sell out. They only sell a certain quantity of thermal suite packages per cruise.

HAL will sell the week package if you call them before the cruise but you can not buy it on the website.

If you know this is something you will want to get for your wife, you can call HAL ahead of time and buy it, which would alleviate the possibility that they will sell out. They only sell a certain quantity of thermal suite packages per cruise.

HAL will sell the week package if you call them before the cruise but you can not buy it on the website.

Just spoke to them and they quoted a price of $250/couple for the hydropool and thermal suite package. What is the likelihood they will offer a better price on board?

Archived