FV on Summit

Gypsy-Bear

We are booked in specific C3cabin on Summit in October. We wanted to book an FV but our TA said Celebrity will only book those rooms for four people. If they are still available after final payment then they will offer them to parties of less than Four people. We are waitlisted for one of those cabins. Has anyone ever been in the same situation and if so did you end up being offered an FV? Also how much of an upcharge was it?

Thanks

We are booked in specific C3cabin on Summit in October. We wanted to book an FV but our TA said Celebrity will only book those rooms for four people. If they are still available after final payment then they will offer them to parties of less than Four people. We are waitlisted for one of those cabins. Has anyone ever been in the same situation and if so did you end up being offered an FV? Also how much of an upcharge was it?

Thanks

Check the X web site every day from now until you see them posted. Once they are posted on the web site they are open game. When you call they may say they are for 4 but if you tell them you saw it on the web site for open booking. Then they will tell you you may get bumped out if too many parties of 4 want them. That's very unlikely at the last minute in my experience. We are booked in one and it was less than a C3.

Thanks

It just really depends on how full the sailing is. If it's a popular sailing with families, chances are you won't be able to get one. However, my brother and his wife were able to get one after final payment. They are a family of 5 and they put 3 in the FV and 2 in the CC aft next door (they had a corner FV and it just happened that the CC next door was open). I don't think the FV cost much more than the CC. Again, it depends on the sailing. My brother's family was on a mid-August Alaska sailing last year.

DH and I was able to book a non corner FV on the Summit after final payment, a couple of weeks ago a corner FV became available. By the time my travel agent called Celebrity it was gone but she waitlisted us, the next morning she called to say Celebrity had moved us to that cabin. It was on their website for more than we paid but they honored our original rate. We sail in two weeks and haven't been bumped, the ship appears to be sold out. Just happened to be in the right place at the right time as we always book early, this cruise was a last minute decision. When we booked this was less than the CC rate. Good luck, be diligent in checking their website.

I think it depends on the itinerary. Several years ago we were able to book in May, for just us two, a corner FV on Millenium for a November westbound transatlantic. In all we have had corner FV's five times. All varying lengths ahead of final payment. All were fourteen night or longer itineraries.

I am booked on the Summit for this August through an on line travel company. It was an offer emailed to me that looked. great. When you are referring to TA and price changes...do these on line companies honor price changes? I think I have to become more savvy when it comes to booking. It seems that you could save money if you know how to determine a price reduction! Is there a thread that explains all this because I am confused.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Phyllis

Thanks for all the replies! It seems that it is possible so we will keep our fingers crossed! We are sailing october 23, 6 night from Bayonne to San Juan so I don't think there will be a lot of families.

Archived