hailey256

I just got off a SKYP call from one of the pilots for a well known investor that he flies all over the world in a new Gulfstream. He gets bored while sitting in a hotel in some of these exotic places :rolleyes: so he calls me to find out what "our gang" is doing. He tells me, that SKYP is usually FREE and in the worst case it might cost him ONE CENT per minute ! ! He called from Corfu, Greece, then on to Florence, Tel Aviv, India (with a takeoff and landing in Jordan because Saudi Arabia won't let him over fly directly from Israel !) then to London and home. My kind of job ! ! ;) He calls iphone to iphone using a SKYP app., but I don't have video on mine.

Knowing I love cruising he reports cruise ships all the time in the different port cities he's visiting.

Who "blocks" these calls, the port or Carnival ? :confused:

Who "blocks" these calls, the port or Carnival ? :confused:

The ship may block them because the calls might take up too much bandwidth and the ships internet service is slow anyway.

that's a shame that they block them...we used Skype when DD was in school in Prague, so much nicer to hear her voice than just get an email...and really, really cheap. you just need to download it on to both computers and have a microphone.

Beverly

VOIP services (including skype) are blocked on Carnival ships. I'm not surprised...Carnival wants you to pay!:rolleyes:

Guess they just started it in the past few weeks, because it wasn't blocked at spring break.

Archived