Securing SeaPass with Traveler's Cheques?

I have heard when you get to the pier that you don't have to pay cash upfront to secure your seapass- that you can charge up to $500 and then they request that you come give them some money. (Of course this is if you are not securing with a credit/debit card- which we won't be). Is it a requirement NOT to give them money? We would like to pay upfront with traveler's cheques so 1) I know the money is there and 2) I don't have to keep those on me for the whole cruise and risk losing them. Is this ok?

I have heard when you get to the pier that you don't have to pay cash upfront to secure your seapass- that you can charge up to $500 and then they request that you come give them some money. (Of course this is if you are not securing with a credit/debit card- which we won't be). Is it a requirement NOT to give them money? We would like to pay upfront with traveler's cheques so 1) I know the money is there and 2) I don't have to keep those on me for the whole cruise and risk losing them. Is this ok?

I dont think you can do it at check in at the port but you can certainly go to Guest Services once on board and they will gladly take them just like they will cash.

I dont think you can do it at check in at the port but you can certainly go to Guest Services once on board and they will gladly take them just like they will cash.

Hmmm...is it because they are traveler's cheques or because they don't want money up front?

Hmmm...is it because they are traveler's cheques or because they don't want money up front?

Traveller's cheques will be no problem trust me. We use them exclusively on every cruise. Carnival will take them up front before you board but the last time we cruised RCI we had to do it on board, which is no big deal. First thing you do when you board is head to the Purser's desk and plop down as much money as you would like in Traveller's cheques.

Archived