Sun King Steakhouse on Freedom

livingitup

Need menus/night schedule for the Freedom please. I am traveling with a group of 11 and I dont want to miss any of the good meals in the MDR with my group, but I want to experince the steakhouse this go around. I really dont want to miss the main captains dinner and I also dont want to miss out on rib night. I really love Carnivals ribs, go figure. We are going on the 6 DAY W.CARIBBEAN FROM FLL. Noone in my group wants to do the specialty restaurant with me so I will be solo. I also would love suggestions on what to order from beginning to end.

Here's the menu from the Point on the Conquest... they're all much the same...

SupperClub1.jpg

SupperClub2.jpg

There's two Elegant nights on you six day cruise... the evening of the first full day of your cruise will be the first. It coincides with the Captain's Reception. The second will most likely be on the fourth night of your voyage.

Enjoy! The steakhouses are wonderful!!!

:)

I don't know if the Rib Eye steak is still on the menu, (it was newly offered back in October) but it is PHENOMENAL if you are looking for something in between the mammoth porterhouse, and the petit filet mignon..... It was wonderfully seasoned and cooked to perfection!!

I don't know if the Rib Eye steak is still on the menu, (it was newly offered back in October) but it is PHENOMENAL if you are looking for something in between the mammoth porterhouse, and the petit filet mignon..... It was wonderfully seasoned and cooked to perfection!!

There's a bone in ribeye, referred to as a rib chop (18 ounces) and a boneless ribeye... both delicious!

:)

We went to the steakhouse on our Jan. cruise on the Freedom for my husband's birthday. It was the first time in over 14 cruise we tried the specialty resturaunt. Will not do it again. Service was sexcellent, but food was no better then the dining room and definately not as good a steakhouse at home. We both had the NY strip and it was tough. Shrimp cotail was mushie. I would not spend the extra money again.

We went to the steakhouse on our Jan. cruise on the Freedom for my husband's birthday. It was the first time in over 14 cruise we tried the specialty resturaunt. Will not do it again. Service was sexcellent, but food was no better then the dining room and definately not as good a steakhouse at home. We both had the NY strip and it was tough. Shrimp cotail was mushie. I would not spend the extra money again.

i have to agree. we were SO disappointed with sun king. we went on the freedom in aug 2010 and the food was beyond disappointing. however, this also happened to be the worst food overall of all carnival cruises i was on so this may be coincidence. i will say that one month earlier we were on the miracle and my aunt and uncle went to the steak house on that ship and raved about it, which is why we tried sun king. i do not think sun king was worth the money and most likely will not try any other carnival steak houses. the MDR is delish most times!

We just did the steakhouse on the Freedom on 4/14, and felt the same as you. The service from everyone other than the sommelier (who never approached us until he asked if we were ready for our bill) was good, but no better than the Mdr and the food was waaaay below par for a steakhouse here at home. If we were on a RCCL ship we'd do Chops in a heartbeat, but on CCL it was a complete waste of time and money and we won't be doing it again.

Wow, sorry to hear that the Sun King restaurant has declined. We did it on our 6 day Freedom cruise last June and loved it. I have a review (see link in signature) with photos of the food items and we just had a really good experience there.

We dined here in February 2010 - we chose to go the day we were in Tortola as we had to be on board fairly early so we had plenty of time and rest and get ready for dinner. We were beyond thrilled with the food and service. I still talk about it with my fiance and the other 2 couples we were with and my fiances specific request for our wedding cruise this October was that we hold our reception in the Supper Club (Harry's on the Liberty). Go - unless you have extremely high, unrealistic standards, you won't be disappointed!

Archived