Bringing drinks onboard

fllcruiser78

Last time we went on NCL we saw people bringing cases of water with them. So, I would like to know is that allowed? We dont drink alcohol so we are not trying to bring liquor but we would like to bring Mountain Dew and maybe some cans of Pink lemonade or fruit punch. Can we pack these things in our carry on bag or is it not allowed? Thank you!

You can pack them in your carry on or just buy a case and label it with cabin number etc.

I wouldn't waste my time with water other than a bottle or two that you can refill because the ship water is the best you can get, it's free and you don't have to lug a case around.

And yes it's allowed.

We used our smallest roller piece of luggage to bring 12 packs of soda on board and just checked the bag with all the others. It arrived perfectly.

If you do bring a case of water or soda (it is allowed), use a little duct tape to make it a little stronger and just tape a luggage tag on it. It will arrive with everything else.

I like checking it because I don't want to bother carrying it(or rolling it) around with me.

Have fun!

i know you'll laugh at this question, but i'm a first-time cruiser so please, please forgive me?

okay, so you carry on the sodas with you. you keep them in your cabin. but it's during meals that you want to drink them. what do you do--just bring a can to the dining room/restaurant each time? would that be acceptable, or frowned upon? do you just ask the waiter for a glass?

thanks for helping out with this one!

diane

i know you'll laugh at this question, but i'm a first-time cruiser so please, please forgive me?

okay, so you carry on the sodas with you. you keep them in your cabin. but it's during meals that you want to drink them. what do you do--just bring a can to the dining room/restaurant each time? would that be acceptable, or frowned upon? do you just ask the waiter for a glass?

diane

Not a silly question at all. I believe you will receive various answers to this - no black and white solution here. I have no problem taking a can of soda to the buffet, but I have never done so with any of the sit-down restaurants. I think it's because I consider the sit-down meals more elegant with a higher standard of etiquette. For that reason, I don't feel comfortable taking a can of soda in. Others on CC have expressed no reluctance to do so. It's really up to you.

diane

What you can do is get a nice glass from any bar, just ask the bartender. Fill the glass at the table or fill it before you leave your cabin and carry it to the restaurant. Its no big deal.

We always just take a few bottles or cans of our favorite drink (not alcohol) and then restock in the different ports we go to, if needed.

I've never tried to take one of our own drinks to a restaurant and I don't think I ever would. I don't think I would feel right about it - that's just my thinking. Not saying that someone else shouldn't.....

diane

I take a thermal mug with me and use it for my soda or coffee. I carried it into the MDR (main dining room) without a problem.

diane

As others have said this wouldn't be a problem- people carry drinks around the ship all of the time and it's perfectly acceptable to buy a drink in one bar, walk to another and drop off the glass. That being said, there is a warning. If you bring something that the ship doesn't carry, like say, Coke and you carry a Coke can around you will undoubtedly be asked by your fellow cruisers where you got it so they can get one. That's when a thermal mug (or a fake "Pepsi" label) comes in handy:D.

Archived