Norwegian Star Review 4/16

runningcrazy

Room stewards did on both NCL cruises I've been on, apparently they take some sort of course that helps them to do this. Wish I had that kind of memory, even with a course..forget it.

I do feel the same as you that they are only do it because part of their job is to find ways to make the passengers feel comfortable, important, at home or whatever. I think it is a sweet added touch and very much enjoy when my room steward refers to me by name. I'm sure it wouldn't ruin my cruise if he/she didn't but does add a nice touch when they do.

We actaully had much better and more personal service on NCL and other lines than we had on Carnival. Let's face it, the luck of the draw determines this. I do think with traditional dining you get more personalized attention in the dining room but I will forego that for the freestyle policy. Our cabin stewards normally did know our name and have usually been very friendly on NCl. They have been on most lines we have cruised.

Nita

One time when we were in port, we were sitting on a bench taking a breather when we heard someone call our names and say hello. It was one of our room stewards. She had some time off and was in town doing a little necessity shopping.

Yep-it happens (and more). A few years back we were on the Jewel and had a waiter say something like "I remember you guys from a cruise on the Sun a year ago"===I was stunned! (and then had to wonder "did I do anything on that cruise that was so foul and disgusting to have made me memorable?" :eek: And then I decided it must've been the wife LOL)

SORRY you didnt enjoy your cruise on the STAR we were on her for the 5th time in February and as the other NCL cruises had a GOOD time...a cruise is what YOU make of it--no matter what!

did ENJOY the captain during our Bridge Tour, didnt care for the CD she was pretty 'scarce' most of the time...i do remember her being assistant CD on a cruise and i just dont consider her a CD compared to others!!

on 9 cruises we have NEVER paid extra for food...there is plenty of FREE food to eat...you dont go hungry....SORRY but i just dont get the "nasty" food comment!!

we have always had pretty "personal" service specially with our room stewards--always cheerful and many many cruises we are addressed by our names or Mr & Mrs.

we LOVE NCL and thought we received much BETTER service on this line compared to CCL or RCL...the only exception was "X" we were so catered to on that cruise--but absolutely PAID for it!!!

Yep-it happens (and more). A few years back we were on the Jewel and had a waiter say something like "I remember you guys from a cruise on the Sun a year ago"===I was stunned! (and then had to wonder "did I do anything on that cruise that was so foul and disgusting to have made me memorable?" :eek: And then I decided it must've been the wife LOL)

I hope you have her straightened up by Saturday !!!:D

I hope you have her straightened up by Saturday !!!:D

Er-ah-gulp

You do realize that she was memorable because she's so kind & wonderful to the wait staff? (I hope this helps keep me from getting beat up AGAIN)

That's too bad that you didn't enjoy yourselves. We are doing our first ever cruise on the Star in a little over a week and we are really looking forward to it. I hope that we have a better experience.

Your cruise is what you make it. Do not let someone else influence your trip. Personally, I do not sail for the food. Just saying. And those who are always complaining about the food, "are you a gourmet chef"?

The last night, tried to go to Versailles and Aqua and the lines at 6 were either up or down the stairs. Went to Blue Lagoon earlier in the day, so didn't want to go there again. so it was to the buffet for the second night in a row. But I didn't mind since I tend to not eat as much compared to the main dining rooms. I agree, I don't cruise just for food.

Archived