Carnival pier to Sheraton OSJ

dscow

We are staying overnight at the Sheraton OSJ after our Carnival Victory cruise in June. With 3 middle-aged women and at least 6 pieces of luggage, should we get a taxi or is it really "within walking distance"? If a taxi is the logical choice, what would the expected fare be? Thank you for your input.

We are staying overnight at the Sheraton OSJ after our Carnival Victory cruise in June. With 3 middle-aged women and at least 6 pieces of luggage, should we get a taxi or is it really "within walking distance"? If a taxi is the logical choice, what would the expected fare be? Thank you for your input.

Well I am 53 with a bad back ,.and I plan i walking it with our luggage , it is right across the street, but if you wanted a taxi , I'm sure they would get you one. I would have to think theres a mininum charge of $5 -10 . If i had to compare the distance to something I would say imagine a 4 -6 lane highway with no median in the middle about that distance . We never walked it but have stayed at the hotel and saw the ship the morning we left to go on our AOS cruise and thought wow how convienient is that if we ever come back and we are. :)

If you took a cab it would be like him doing a U turn to put you at the pier. Just cross the street and go to check in. If you can't take all the bags in one trip, take 2 and have one person wait with the others.

If you took a cab it would be like him doing a U turn to put you at the pier. Just cross the street and go to check in. If you can't take all the bags in one trip, take 2 and have one person wait with the others.

LOL thats what i was thinking but to each his own. :)

If your bags have telescoping handles and wheels, you should be able to wheel them to the ship.

There are times we walk a longer distance getting from baggage claim to curb side at airports.

• 2 weeks later...

A picture's worth a thousand words....last time we were in San Juan, I stood in front of the Sheraton and took this panoramic photo (click to see the full size version).

2278891360079365048S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived