Some serious, detailed info needed re: bus 7 & 8 from Dockyard

travelloverontario

Hello to all my helpful cc'ers.

I need to get to Blue Water Divers, Somerset Bridge location for 8:15 am on a Friday coming from the Dockyard.

I know that both bus #7 and #8 service that area.

Re:#7...It seems that all of the early #7 buses are coded as 'mb', not servicing Dockyard. (later in the morning, the 'mb' is removed, the first one being at 8:50 am, which is too late for us)

Re:#8...This seems to be the bus we need to take. They have a 7:05 am and 7:35 am 'no coded' bus...or a 7:50 bus coded 'xp', which says express from Barnes Corner and Crow Lane. They also have a 8:05 am bus coded 'sv', Southview Road.

So....1. Does Blue Water Divers (Somerset Bridge) fall between Barnes Corner and Crow Lane?? If so...the 7:50 xp bus is out for us. If it is not between them (thus not falling in the 'express' stops, this would be the best timing for us.

2.. If we catch the 8:05 sv bus using Southview Road...will it still take us very close to Blue Water Divers...and how long do you think this route would take? (I know a regular bus #8 takes about 9 minutes from Dockyard and Somerset). Is Somerset...and Somerset Bridge the same place :confused:. If this bus takes only 9 minutes, the timing may work....depending on how long it takes to walk from the bus stop to the dive operator. Any guesses on that one??

I know a taxi is an option, but we would need 2 as there may be 5 or 6 of us, and we will have already bought the transportation pass.

Thank you for any detailed information you can provide.

Have you tried asking Blue Water Divers which bus would be best? They have a contact form on their Web site.

For sure I've asked them...and they said either the # 7 or # 8 would bring us there.

However...upon further research...I've discovered some complications as described in my first post...early buses not servicing Dockyard, some being express, etc.

As I am not familiar with Bermuda(except for my own research on line) ...I am asking for help.

As you've already figured out, there is no route #7 bus that will get you there in time.

For the route #8 bus, these buses (6:35, 7:05, 7:35, 7:50am) all serve the Dockyard and go by Blue Water Divers which is located at Robinson's Marina, 178 Somerset Bridge which is right before the Somerset Bridge. The 8:05am could make it, but it might make you a little late.

The 8:05am was footnoted 'SV', the route it takes is not important because there is one bridge onto Somerset Island coming from the Dockyard and one bridge off the island (Somerset Bridge).

The 7:50am was footnoted 'XP' for express from Barnes Corner to Crow Lane. Barnes Corner is not on Somerset Island; it is actually closer to Gibbs L/H and Crow Lane is in or close to Hamilton.

Blue Water Divers and Robinson's Marina are located on the last road on the right before Somerset Bridge. If you cross the bridge, you missed it. I would estimate the bus ride to be about 12 minutes.

SBtS

Sailbad...you have come through for me again...thank you!!!

I'm glad to see that we will be able to take the 7:50 am bus and that the express section of the route doesn't happen until after our stop. That will put us there a little after 8:00 am , which works out great.

Thanks again. :)

I need to get to Blue Water Divers, Somerset Bridge location for 8:15 am on a Friday coming from the Dockyard.

I know a taxi is an option, but we would need 2 as there may be 5 or 6 of us, and we will have already bought the transportation pass.

In direct answer to your question about Blue Waters you should take a taxi. It is not that far. It will cost about $20 per taxi. And there are many taxis that can carry 5 or 6. Been there done that. Since you know when you are going arrange the taxi in advance and have all in one for sure.

In general most of the time I use the bus system but when I have been to Bermuda with four or more I did not buy the transportation pass at all. When you start splitting the cab fares among four or more then taking taxis becomes reasonable. I think preferable.

Archived