Ice bar on Epic

You'll find opinions here pretty well split between "wasn't worth it" and "it was really neat to try". I think everyone enjoyed the drinks though. :)

We chose to spend our $20 eating at Moderno. Best $20 we spent on the ship. :)

Don's review has some good pictures of the ice bar, plus his account of signing up for and visiting it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1386629&highlight=epic+review

Yes, it was a novelty to try...glad we went in, but won't do it again.

I personally only lasted for about 15 minutes as I have a lung condition and quite honestly it felt like a typical winter day here in Chicago....difficult for me to breathe. The parkas do make for some fun photos....also be sure to wear socks. Besides the parka, they give you a pair of gloves.

Yes, it was a novelty to try...glad we went in, but won't do it again.

I personally only lasted for about 15 minutes as I have a lung condition and quite honestly it felt like a typical winter day here in Chicago....difficult for me to breathe. The parkas do make for some fun photos....also be sure to wear socks. Besides the parka, they give you a pair of gloves.

Do they wash this clothing between wearings?

My guess on the parka's being washed between wearing would be no....this is merely a guess...

My opinion of the ice bar was that it was a novelty and photo op...I did not have long pants, I went in with capri's and flip flops, I did not last long. I drank half of my drink and ran like the wind out the door...my husband was forced to drink the half of my drink that I left behind. In addition he drank his two and the second drink I was entitled to...I just couldn;t stay any longer...

The bottom line is Im glad I did it once....I would never do it again...kudos to the bartender who at least seemed to enjoy what he was doing.

The drinks on the menu did not appeal to me, I ordered one of the kids drinks and he put Vodka into it....

I saw people taking very small children in there...I would never recommend taking a small child in there, it is -17 degrees...I think it is a tad to cold for a 2 to 6 year old...this is just my opinion...

Do they charge the same to get in for a child, or is the price cut in half?

Archived