Want to confirm what we were told about switch people in rooms

rtw68

DW and I bought two FCC's on our last cruise for our upcoming cruise.

Both the guy we bought them from on board and our Carnival rep that we booked our Carnival Dream cruise with said that we could book the rooms as follows:

Room 1: DW and our nephew

Room 2: Myself and our son

That way we took advantage of the $100 on board credit each (total of $200) by booking two rooms. That part worked great, $100 credit from the FCC and $100 on board credit is good to go.

We were told once we get on board the ship, we need to go to guest services and switch the rooms so they will be as follows:

Room 1: DW and myself

Room 2: our son, our nephew

The on board credits will be on DW S&S and my S&S.

Does that ring true with everyone else?

Should not be a problem at all. You and your DW just both need to be at guest relations for the switch.

We were able to get the rooms switched at check in before boarding, but if you can't get it done there, guest relations will do it for you.

We did exactly this same thing last Aug. on the Legend. Perhaps it was because we all had our S & S accounts on different credit cards, but the $100 was divided in half so that each person got $50. Not a big deal...just be aware it could happen.

Some people have not been allowed ... so dont assume its always allowed, mostly its allowed.

worse comes to worse, they will give you a key card to enter the other cabin. Carnival doesnt care where you sleep. Your S&S card is attached to you, not to the cabin. you just need to be able to get into the cabin you are sleeping in.

We tried to do this on Valor. Wanted my 20 yr old niece and her 21 yr old friend to be in a cabin, and the rest of the party (44, 42 and 23) to be in a separate cabin. We were told to book with the 44 yr old in one cabin and the 42 yr old in another. Once aboard, just switch-a-roo. Only, the Guest Services chica said, "No can do." She said since neither my niece nor her friend were 25, they couldn't be in a cabin by themselves. I didn't want to ruin my vakay with an argument off-the-bat. She said she could give us spare keys to each of the cabins, but she flat out refused to switcheroo anyone.

That's the kind of gotcha that I'm worried about.

I guess it doesn't matter as long as whatever our son and nephew buy are tied to their card and not the room (which would affect our balances), then we should be fine.

If we can get an extra key per room, than that would work.

That's the kind of gotcha that I'm worried about.

I guess it doesn't matter as long as whatever our son and nephew buy are tied to their card and not the room (which would affect our balances), then we should be fine.

If we can get an extra key per room, than that would work.

I'll be doing the switch too, but I don't need the names switched...I'll just need to get an extra room key for each cabin as it's all one account on the S&S.

Their purchases will be tied to their room. Having the extra keys worked out great for us. Happy Cruising!!!

Archived