strange question...

MamaParrotHead

how much are drinks on the airplane? I know, the prices probably differ from airline to airline, but on average? I was nosing around eBay and saw that drink coupons for Delta are going for about $6 a piece. I can't imagine that would be worth the money and hassle and didn't think the drinks could be much more than that. :confused: just wondering.

thanks!

Depends on the airline, I think. Most that I've heard about are about $5 per drink - but the airline's website would be able to tell you.

But I prefer to fly on those which still believe that it's part of hospitality to provide complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks ... ;)

In the US??? Or are you referring to First/Business Class service?
To and from the US. And in economy. :)

Sadly, flying within the US, I also have to put up with paying - and that's assuming that the flight attendant can be bothered to put down her magazine, get off her bottom, and provide any service. (Precise flight details on request.)

and that's assuming that the flight attendant can be bothered to put down her magazine, get off her bottom, and provide any service.

Was it one of the airlines on the verge of going bankrupt? I can imagine those attendants have not has a raise in a long time. I've heard of cases where they were asked to work for free on a few days simply to keep the job... :(

Was it one of the airlines on the verge of going bankrupt?
Nope, it was American Eagle. It was about a 1h 15m flight. She said "Due to the short duration of this flight, there will be no beverage service today." She then went and plonked herself down in the back row, dug out her magazine and read until summoned by the flight deck to do the before landing cabin checks.

Hello? Some airlines manage to serve hot meals on flights of that length.

Archived