help with halifax

can anyone tell me if the Halifax N.S. tour called Nova Scotia historical cruise and lunch, gets close enough to the Peggy's cove Lighthouse for photo opportunities? RCL shows it in the pics but never mentions it in the description.

can anyone tell me if the Halifax N.S. tour called Nova Scotia historical cruise and lunch, gets close enough to the Peggy's cove Lighthouse for photo opportunities? RCL shows it in the pics but never mentions it in the description.

I can tell you that Peggy's Cove is quite a distance from Halifax. You would be a fair distance out in the water but again, it depends on the size of the craft you are on.

We were there a couple of years ago. We were doing land in our car. The water was a bit rough and we didn't see any water craft anywhere near it.

Hey Plowboy 920,

Peggy's Cove is about 30 miles from Halifax. I live about 40 miles from Halifax, NS, in the opposite direction. You could always rent a car and drive there, depending on how long you are going to be in port.

Have a great trip to our province.

Rhonda :cool:

I took a glance @ the description on RC's website about the tour and the one I think you were looking at is Nova Scotia Historical Cruise and Lunch - HX17 which is a tour of just the Halifax Harbour on the Harbour Queen 1 and it comes no where near Peggy's Cove. The photo on the RC site is accurate and is the lighthouse in the harbour on George's Island. Also - the pricing on the tour operators website is significantly cheaper ($25) than what RC is quoting...

For Peggy's Cove I would recommend doing: Peggys Cove and Titanic - HX67

PEGGY'S COVE

p><p>GEORGE

<a href=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3214/5720423626_a6b1298954_z.jpg' alt='5720423626_a6b1298954_z.jpg'>

Untitled by Beth_Hfx, on Flickr[/img]

Hey Plowboy 920,

Peggy's Cove is about 30 miles from Halifax. I live about 40 miles from Halifax, NS, in the opposite direction. You could always rent a car and drive there, depending on how long you are going to be in port.

Have a great trip to our province.

Rhonda :cool:

You should tell them where to get Oat cakes in Halifax. N.S. has the best oat cakes in the world.

You should tell them where to get Oat cakes. N.S. has the best oat cakes in the world.

ok... i'll bite... where would one get these oat cakes in NS? :D

As usual - you never know what you've got right in your own backyard!

ok... i'll bite... where would one get these oat cakes in NS? :D

As usual - you never know what you've got right in your own backyard!

You don't know what oat cakes are? They are an oat based cookie but are much more than that. More like an oat shortbread. I got some excellent ones in a fish house in Sydney Cape Breton. Timmies had some good ones but not great ones. I found them in Fredericton 2 years ago but they were not as good as those in N.S.. They do, however, have Mrs Dunsters donuts in N.B..

Or just do the beer tour walk to Garrison http://www.garrisonbrewing.com/homepage.html and walk to also http://www.keiths.ca/index.html have lunch on their rooftop patio

I checked these places out and we are a definite for going to them...my husband is a homebrewer so this is a must do...thanks for your tips today. We try and find local craft beers when we travel.

It was great! I took the all day tour Bob was our guide and he was great, retired school teacher it seemed like a long time but went by so fast his knowledge of the the Titanic was fantastic and yes we did see Peggy's cove buy not he highlight of our trip. Go for Bob if you can find him he wears a kilt. Good kick!

Archived