Ecstasy May 9, 2011 - Review with Pics! Cause everyone loves pics!

jhale

Hey jhale, you did a fantastic job reviewing our trip and the Esctasy. We had a wonderful time meeting you and your Mother and getting together. Sorry about your wonkie feeling the night of the Chefs Table. It happened to me the night before and I had to miss the xtreme country show. Oh well, nothing stopped us from having a great time. By the time we got off the ship, Foster got our bags and the line for a porter was huge. A Carnival employee asked if we had passports and he helped us up the line on the left and there was no one in that line at all. Walked right up to customs and off in about 5 minutes. I can't believe that there was so many people with just bc as that line was long, long,long. We were in car and crossing causeway at 11:15. Since we live so close we need to have lunch one day and find another cruise, maybe Magic!!! See ya.

Hey jhale, you did a fantastic job reviewing our trip and the Esctasy. We had a wonderful time meeting you and your Mother and getting together. Sorry about your wonkie feeling the night of the Chefs Table. It happened to me the night before and I had to miss the xtreme country show. Oh well, nothing stopped us from having a great time. By the time we got off the ship, Foster got our bags and the line for a porter was huge. A Carnival employee asked if we had passports and he helped us up the line on the left and there was no one in that line at all. Walked right up to customs and off in about 5 minutes. I can't believe that there was so many people with just bc as that line was long, long,long. We were in car and crossing causeway at 11:15. Since we live so close we need to have lunch one day and find another cruise, maybe Magic!!! See ya.

Yeah we were off in the first group of people with checked bags, so the porters were lined up waiting.

Yeah, we're going to have to get together and plan our next cruise! We're really trying hard to get back on the Ecstasy, but time (and garage sale success) will tell. Talk to you soon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am so glad I found you guys and this review. I am torn between sailing the Ecstasy and the Dream for this coming March.

The lenght of cruise and price are only $100 per person more or less and 5 or 7 nighter.

This is going to be my husband and I second cruise and our 5 childrens 1st.

My only real concern is the size of ship and motion.:eek:

I was very sick sea on our last cruise, which was on the Inspiration going to Western Caribbean during hurrican season, end fo Novemeber.

I later found out I have veritgo which largely effected why I was so sick, my hubby was fine.

Anywho, I am thinking about a shorter cruise because I do not know how the "kids'(22,20,19,17 &14) are going to do out at sea since they have never sailed or been on anything other then a dinner cruise locally.

I know the Dream has its issues and the Ecstasy is a smaller ship in comparison but I was wondering, is there enough to do on board to entertain us for the sea day, how are the bahamas in March vs Eastern Caribbean, this particular cruise goes to CCL private island which I have read really great things about and would really like to go to myself.

We are not 5 star resturant people, but we do enjoy a nce family mean together ad we do like to have fun as a group. How are the activies on board, entertainment for families and pools?

We only are able to take 1 vacation every 2 to 3 years so I want it to be special and ofcourse a nice experience.

What are you thoughts for a family first cruise? Would the Ecstasy in your experience be a good choice?

If you need more info about us to make a better informed answer I will be happy to answer.

I am so glad I found you guys and this review. I am torn between sailing the Ecstasy and the Dream for this coming March.

The lenght of cruise and price are only $100 per person more or less and 5 or 7 nighter.

This is going to be my husband and I second cruise and our 5 childrens 1st.

My only real concern is the size of ship and motion.:eek:

I was very sick sea on our last cruise, which was on the Inspiration going to Western Caribbean during hurrican season, end fo Novemeber.

I later found out I have veritgo which largely effected why I was so sick, my hubby was fine.

Anywho, I am thinking about a shorter cruise because I do not know how the "kids'(22,20,19,17 &14) are going to do out at sea since they have never sailed or been on anything other then a dinner cruise locally.

I know the Dream has its issues and the Ecstasy is a smaller ship in comparison but I was wondering, is there enough to do on board to entertain us for the sea day, how are the bahamas in March vs Eastern Caribbean, this particular cruise goes to CCL private island which I have read really great things about and would really like to go to myself.

We are not 5 star resturant people, but we do enjoy a nce family mean together ad we do like to have fun as a group. How are the activies on board, entertainment for families and pools?

We only are able to take 1 vacation every 2 to 3 years so I want it to be special and ofcourse a nice experience.

What are you thoughts for a family first cruise? Would the Ecstasy in your experience be a good choice?

If you need more info about us to make a better informed answer I will be happy to answer.

The Ecstasy is a smaller ship, so in rougher conditions you will feel motion. However, most people don't notice unless they look out at the horizon and SEE the rocking motion.

They have the teen programs, and also have the Waterworks area which has something for all ages. Hey, even I like the big slide ;)

The Behind the Fun Tour is also really neat, and is especially interesting to see how everything works behind the scenes. The main pool is kind of small, but it works, and there are plenty of deck chairs around.

We've never had a bad meal onboard, the buffet is adequate but the dining room has always been very good. I do recommend the Chef's Table, it was AMAZING!

As far as the entertainment, we don't go to many shows since well... they don't change all that much from cruise to cruise, but the ones we have seen in the main show lounge have been good.

Archived