Sugar Free Syrup

joyus

We sailed the Diamond Princess to Alaska last year and I really wanted to enjoy the pancakes & waffles for breakfast, but there was no sugar free syrup anywhere on the ship. I'm planning to bring my own just in case HAL doesn't have any. Does any know ifn HAL does? If so, what brand?

As long as you are bringing your own, you won't have to worry if they have any or not. Enjoy your pancakes and waffles. I suppose cutting calories wherever possible helps. Every little bit less sugar, the better.

I think I saw some aboard Zuiderdam and Maasdam but am not sure. Don't count on it. Bring your own.

Thank you both for answering my question. Because I am flying in to San Diego from Florida, I didn't want to bring any if I didn't need to. Unfortunately, it's not a matter of cutting calories - people who are diabetics should not use the regular syrup.

I am one who uses sugar free service and I have been on a number of HAL ships. If per chance it is not out tell one of the waiters you need it and he will get it for you. HAL ALWAYS HAS SUGAR FREE SYRUP.

Himself

Thank you both for answering my question. Because I am flying in to San Diego from Florida, I didn't want to bring any if I didn't need to. Unfortunately, it's not a matter of cutting calories - people who are diabetics should not use the regular syrup.

This is just a 'for information, please' question. If I knew the answer, I would not ask.

Should/can a person with diabetes eat waffles/pancakes......all that white flour? High glycemic index and all that!

Your point is well taken, Sail7Seas, but a person with diabetes can eat pancakes/waffles, however, depending on the size of each, that person should probably eat no more than 2 with no other high carb (toast, grits, muffins, potatoes, etc.). So with pancakes/waffles, eggs, and one or two pieces of meat (depending), should be alright. Of course, each person's body is different.

Thanks for the info. Makes sense. Balance the high, empty carb with a protein....add a vegetable (even just sliced tomatoes and onion, for example) and you are all the better!

Hope you have a Wonderful cruise. Blue skies and calm seas.

This is just a 'for information, please' question. If I knew the answer, I would not ask.

Should/can a person with diabetes eat waffles/pancakes......all that white flour? High glycemic index and all that!

Some can, I sure as heck can't! My son (also diabetic) can't even LOOK at rice. For me, it's wheat. I can eat a big plate of french fries and not have a significant rise in bg, but give me a burrito and I'm on the moon! I couldn't tell you the last time I ate a sandwich.;)

Everybody's different, alright. But why is the one thing you love (wheat, for me) be the worst one for you??? Grr-r-r-r.

Lane

Archived