"Dressing Up" My Cake

Just looking for advice on exactly what I can do to my cake. I will get the call from The Wedding Experience next week... it's getting close, so I will ask them, but I wanted to get ideas.

We have decided to use silk Gerber Daisies to make bouquets. I googled a few different ideas and these pictures came up. Do you ladies think think something similar to these 2 ideas will be okay?

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x141/SuperKim510/normal_Cakes.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x141/SuperKim510/Gerbera_Daisy_Wedding_Cake.jpg

I like the first one! Have you sent pictures to your coordinator? I sent some to mine and she said she'd pass it along to the chef. They also gave me price estimates on all of the cake designs I liked.

I asked them to use the bouquet that came with my package as a cake topper since I got my own silk flowers.

As long as you supply the stuff on your cake and you keep the cake design simple you can get it changed for free.

I'm providing them with the ribbon, flowers, topper and jewelry for my cake. Gave them a piping design and asked for it in purple and it's all going to be done for free.

:)

I love the first one. It's too cute!

I vote for the first pic also.

As far as having them decorate your cake, when do you need to get the supplies to the ship?

You give the stuff to the coordinator when you arrive to the boat. She then takes it to Food & Beverage who will assemble it. Make sure to provide instructions and details.

Thanks for all the advice ladies. I agree the first cake is my favorite of the 2, but I am doing pink and green Gerbera Daisies and I am thinking 4 on the bottom tier and 2 on the next tier. Great advice ladies. Do you think I should go ahead and have the flowers down to the just flower itself with no stem when I give them to the coordinator?

mrsgomez.... is this on a Carnival ship? When did you ask for the piping? I think that a pink/green piping would look good with what I am going to do, but I don't want to ask for too many details. I also have ribbon to put on the cake which, I think would work be okay with that.

I am getting excited now! Yay! Yay!

You give the stuff to the coordinator when you arrive to the boat. She then takes it to Food & Beverage who will assemble it. Make sure to provide instructions and details.

That's so great they are doing that for you! I bought sugar butterflies and gum paste flowers for the top of my cake. When I asked about additional items to put on the cake, I was told by Carnival that someone from my group had to put on the cake decorations. They didn't offer to do it for me. So I had our best mans wife do it for us. I wonder if they gave me the wrong info. I would have preferred to have Carnival do it and save her the aggravation.

• 8 months later...
As long as you supply the stuff on your cake and you keep the cake design simple you can get it changed for free.

I'm providing them with the ribbon, flowers, topper and jewelry for my cake. Gave them a piping design and asked for it in purple and it's all going to be done for free.

:)

I love the first one. It's too cute!

Hey there...did you ever get the purple piping on your cake?

• 1 year later...

We provided a topper, lace cloth for the table and ribbon to our coordinator. We asked for plain tiers with white piping and everything turned out really well.

FWIW to the east coast brides, Food Lion is now selling gum paste flowers for the cakes they make in store--they will sell you stems of the flowers separately.

Ok Kool, Thank You... East Coast in the House :)

We provided a topper, lace cloth for the table and ribbon to our coordinator. We asked for plain tiers with white piping and everything turned out really well.

FWIW to the east coast brides, Food Lion is now selling gum paste flowers for the cakes they make in store--they will sell you stems of the flowers separately.

Thanks for all the advice ladies. I agree the first cake is my favorite of the 2, but I am doing pink and green Gerbera Daisies and I am thinking 4 on the bottom tier and 2 on the next tier. Great advice ladies. Do you think I should go ahead and have the flowers down to the just flower itself with no stem when I give them to the coordinator?

mrsgomez.... is this on a Carnival ship? When did you ask for the piping? I think that a pink/green piping would look good with what I am going to do, but I don't want to ask for too many details. I also have ribbon to put on the cake which, I think would work be okay with that.

I am getting excited now! Yay! Yay!

Ask what they need. They will probably want a small stem to "poke" in the cake so they stay put. Gum paste flowers would also work. I found mine (roses) at Hobby Lobby. Not sure if they had daisies as I had a one track mind at the time :) But you cant bring real flowers on the ship

• 2 months later...
Ask what they need. They will probably want a small stem to "poke" in the cake so they stay put. Gum paste flowers would also work. I found mine (roses) at Hobby Lobby. Not sure if they had daisies as I had a one track mind at the time :) But you cant bring real flowers on the ship

Confrim that you cannot bring real flowers on the ship for weddings.

I know regular pax can bring flowers onboard but flowers cannot be brought off the ship. So you wouldn't be able to keep your bouquet.

Archived