NCL Star/Dawn Stateroom 8562/8062

tuckster44

Hello!

Does anyone have pictures or experienced either of these cabins? I have heard they are 100% unobstructed even though they are sold as obstucted OV.

We were upgraded to 8562 for our Alaskan cruise from an inside cabin and looking to see what the room view actually will be like. Would like to know if we will be able to see the great Alaskan coastline or a lifeboat. Thanks!

Hello!

Does anyone have pictures or experienced either of these cabins? I have heard they are 100% unobstructed even though they are sold as obstucted OV.

We were upgraded to 8562 for our Alaskan cruise from an inside cabin and looking to see what the room view actually will be like. Would like to know if we will be able to see the great Alaskan coastline or a lifeboat. Thanks!

We stayed in Dawn's 8562 in 2009. The view was ok but the noise from Dazzles (below) was horrendous before finally stopping between 1:00 and 2:00 am. Our first complaint had them tell us that the volume (HUGE speakers) would be lowered. Didn't seem to be done.

We finally got a ship's officer to come to the cabin around 2:00 am and he agreed that the noise was unacceptable. After first telling us that no open cabins were available, they were able to move us to a free cabin on deck 4.

Awful cabin. :(

Hello!

Forgot to mention that 8562 is next door to a room full of various ship's machinery that would emit clangs and bangs at odd hours throughout the night. :confused:

Also, ther's a catwalk outside your window that'll have various crewmen occasionally walking by youw porthole. :eek:

The view was kind of ok, though.

I've got a bunch of photos that I'll upload if you're interested.

Lemmeknow.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=967125&highlight=8562+picture

Post # 5 has a picture of the view from 8562 -

We had this room booked on the Dawn for March, but upgraded to balcony at last minute for only 50.00 PP more. 8566 & 8568 have pretty much the same view, but from other reports I've read, are quieter. The Dawn is a gorgeous ship with a wonderful crew. Have a wonderful cruise:).

Do all the cabins on deck 8 have picture windows? We have cabins 8566 and 8568 and the TA said they had portholes:confused: Anybody have a clue as to the view from these rooms?

If you are sailing on the Dawn - those cabins have picture windows with pretty much unobstructed views. The view will be similar to the picture in my previous response. Click on the link in my response and go to post #5 that is the view someone else posted from cabin 8562.

Happy sailing!

If you are sailing on the Dawn - those cabins have picture windows with pretty much unobstructed views. The view will be similar to the picture in my previous response. Click on the link in my response and go to post #5 that is the view someone else posted from cabin 8562.

Happy sailing!

Yup it's the Dawn. Thank you.:)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

We had 8562 on Dawn

Not a good cabin!! :mad:

One of the true OX cat.

The Machinery room next door has stuff switch of and on all day and all night.

Workers walk by your window to service the lifeboats.

They leave the lights on outside your window all night .:eek: