Who is on the Dukan Diet?

SkiRacer

When all's said and done this is yet another High Protein-Low/No Carb diet just like Atkins, South Beach, BodyTrim, etc etc and it certainly works. Only you know if you'll be able to sustain it in the longer term but it's a quick and relatively painless way of losing some pre-cruise pounds. Good luck!

When all's said and done this is yet another High Protein-Low/No Carb diet just like Atkins, South Beach, BodyTrim, etc etc and it certainly works. Only you know if you'll be able to sustain it in the longer term but it's a quick and relatively painless way of losing some pre-cruise pounds. Good luck!

I have tried other No Carb diets, but this one is different. At least for me because I don't crave sweets on this diet. Even after eating out yesterday still no cravings. Thanks for the good luck.

I think the fat content of the Atkins diet is the major difference ( which was also the biggest health concern about Atkins) I agree Joan I have never had a diet that works quite like this one. Plus the strategy for not rebounding and the.(once the weight is off) incorporating a pure protein day per week to maintain is quite unique.

Well unique or not ..it's working ,I feel great ,and I am happy:)

Today I went to the outlet mall and was able to walk past all the food areas. I agree the low fat protein makes this better than the Atkins. I asked my DR. about this diet and he said "the every other day with all the vegetables you want plus the fact that I am off sweets and flour and losing weight he thinks it is great."

Arb34 how are you doing? Joan

Hi All

I have stayed at the same weight for a few days ..but I find this happens and then I will suddenly drop one or two.

The heat wave finally left our area. I went for a long walk last evening,it felt great.

Kudos to you Ski Racer at the outlet mall. I don't know if it is our mind set or this diet, but temptations don't seem such a big deal anymore. Even my 1/3 of a brownie was more out of politeness( one of the girls baked them for the weekend) than desire

I tried your Stroganoff idea arb34 , it was very tasty. Thanks so much..even DH loved it.

Well here's to another day in Dukan land :D Wishing everyone Good Luck

Colleen

Joan, thanks for asking~~~ I'm still hanging in there...up one day down another but just not making any headway~~grrrr!!! So frustrating but from what I have read on other sites apparently it is not uncommon and IF I can just hang in there it should take off again....

Colleen, so glad that you liked the stroganoff...I did a version of it with chicken and enjoyed that too......made a fiasco though last night....meatballs made of very lean ground beef and equal amount of ground chicken....just dried onion flakes and seasonings....didn't want to use eggs because 19 month old grandson who is highly allergic to eggs was here so just formed them and baked in the oven......they were NASTY!! And felt like I had eaten cannonballs.....my stomach still feels bad from it today so I will not be trying meaatballs again for a while LOL!!

And....still haven't been able to get out to walk.....soooo hot this week!!! May have to go after dark and take a flashlight to walk the track....haha, bet I won't be the only one!!!

Anyone found a way to make salad dressing from yogurt? Just tried adding Ranch Dressing powder to the yogurt but it wasn't too good... or maybe I'm just still not over the 'CivilWar Meatballs' from last night..... ; )

Hi arb34... sorry about the meatballs :( if it's any consolation your "Civil War Meatball" quip made me laugh out loud.:D

I am going to purchase a salad dressing this weekend... a tip from a co worker...it's a brand sold here in Canada .'.Renee's ' Tuscan Garden. only 3 calories per tablespoon... apparently delicious. I let you know how it is.Frankly how much harm can 3 cals do to my hips.:D I'll see how Dukan friendly the ingredients are when I read the bottle.

I love reading all your suggestions/support. I stumbled upon this site not because I am going on a cruise (although I am debating one for my honeymoon), but because I started the Dukan Diet on Tuesday. I'm getting married in October and I want to shed about 25 lbs. I've lost 4 so far. I can't wait to try the muffin recipe. Yesterday was my last attack day and I'm going out of town this weekend! I think I'll bring some muffins in my carry on so I know I'll have my daily oat bran!

Welcome Sophie, I know you will really find this is a different diet that works

I have been on the diet one month today and I have lost 17 lbs.

arb34 I don't know where you live, but I know what you mean about the weather and not being able to get out side to walk. So I pick a TV program to watch and walk and dance around the room. The TV show makes the time go quicker. There are websites with recipes for all kinds of things. I am sure you will find a salad dressing there.

Good Luck to everyone over the weekend. Joan

The salad dressing is called..Tuscan Italian not Tuscan Garden..it is indeed only three cals. Also I have found a "dry pressed " cottage cheese... the stats indicate it is only 10 more cals than fat free and fat content is. .05 % Carbs are considerably less ???

I intend to use it as a substitute for Feta cheese in my salads (light sprinkle)

I had a long.beautiful. walk today..weather has been just lovely.:):):)

The salad dressing is called..Tuscan Italian not Tuscan Garden..it is indeed only three cals. Also I have found a "dry pressed " cottage cheese... the stats indicate it is only 10 more cals than fat free and fat content is. .05 % Carbs are considerably less ???

I intend to use it as a substitute for Feta cheese in my salads (light sprinkle)

I had a long.beautiful. walk today..weather has been just lovely.:):):)

No bragging about your nice weather. :p Just kidding, lucky you :)

Sorry about that Joan :o:D:D Down 16 this morning..oh Happy Day !!

Sophie W,what an exciting time for you.:) I hope you find the Dukan plan a to great way to reach your goal.

The muffins have been a help to me ,they are denser than a "real life" muffin but at this stage when the diet is void of bread, they do fill the space. I use fat free cream cheese,in place of butter.

Welcome to our fun little group....:)

Welcome Sophie W! I live in NC also, over in the western mountains. A little town named Franklin.

Coleen, your salad dressings sound great, I'm still searching but maybe a trip to the Health Food Store would help.

Sorry that you are having a tough day Joan!!

I am still getting nowhere fast but decided that I need to make sure I walk EVERYDAY and NO CHEATS AT ALL!!!! I have read many messages from others who lost a lot and still enjoyed a nightly glass of wine or whatever but I am not them so I have to do what is going to work for my body and apparently that has to be strict adherance to the plan.....(shucks!!) I guess having been on another weight loss plan for so long and already losing 50 lbs means that my body is seriously trying to hang on to what it's got LOL

I was very happy yesterday to find that I CAN make my own Greek Yogurt by just straining out the extra moisture in regular yougurt and it comes out thick and creamy just like the more expensive Greek style. Amazing how much liquid is in that stuff!! Just flavor it up and freeze and it's just as good to me as any decadent dessert.....

And I found a replacement to the sweet relish that I miss in tuna salad.....I bought sour dill relish (no fat, no carbs) rinsed it in a strainer and then stirred in a little Splenda....had a nice sweet and sour flavor that will go great with many things....

Okay, those are my newest finds, anyone else?

Hi All

Joan..just remember "nothing taste as good as being slim feels "

All these treats will be waiting for you when the journey is over...it's not forever it is just for now.:)

We all have our moments and I succumbed to one slice of pumpernickel toast with a skiff of peanut butter. But somehow stopped at that and got right back on track. I think I am stronger because of this diet,why I have no idea.:confused:

We wear different color jackets( 15 vivid colors) to work, with various colored pants (black ,navy, gray,etc.) a different take on uniforms, looks quite smart actually. We have a two week roster and we all dress the same each day. we get lots of compliments....anyway, tomorrow we wear white pants for the first time this year(pray for me :D) Tried on my white pants after work today...wahoo fit better than last year!! I am getting close to goal.. not there yet.;)

Wow great tip on the relish arb34...it's kind of fun trying to 'dukanate '

stuff.:):) It would be great in egg salad as well.

Colleen

Colleen, your wardrobe sounds fun and colorful....it is so much fun pulling out clothes that didn't fit and now they do!!! ;) I'm trying to be very very strict with myself in order to get tle losses showing up again, maybe tomorrow we'll see improvement....yes, it is fun coming up with new ways to eat flavorful food while still staying on plan....I had some great oat bran pancakes this morning and they left me feeling filled all morning...I still want to try your 'mayo' with my relish in some yummy egg salad~ now if I only had some good crackers to eat it on....maybe just slather it on cucumber slices? Hey, that might be good, have to try that!

Joan, have the cravings let up for you? I get the 'fruit' fix by putting Crystal Light powder in my greek yogurt....sooo good and if you freeze it, it tastes like sherbet. Maybe some cocoa and splenda and vanilla in the yogurt for a chocolate fix?

arb34, Your relish sounds like a great idea.

Colleen, Congrats on the white pants.

Even though my weight loss has slowed I fit in some pants I have worn in years. And that is what really matters to me.

Keep on walking girls. Joan

Hi All

I have stayed the same weight for a few days now... I don't work Fridays..so I plan to do a three day walking blitz ,stay strict to plan and get over this hump.I realized that I have not been drinking as much water as I did at the beginning ..back on track with that as well..Crystal Light helps me quite a bit to meet the requirements

Dill relish in the fridge waiting to be 'dukanated';) I'll make up some egg and salmon salad (family will enjoy this as well) for the weekend.

Oh ..for lunch yesterday I had fat free cottage cheese ,I put diced celery , thin slices of radish , some cut up orange pepper, right in the cottage cheese. Nice and crunchy very satisfying.Easy to take to work,I just assembled everything in the lunch room.:)

Walk on, walk on,Dukan friends..we can do this !! As your President would say "YES WE CAN !!"

Colleen

isn't that the Jerry Lewis MD telethon song? I need to find the lyrics and sing it to myself as I walk....that is the last part that I haven't put into practice yet.....my days seem to just spin out of control and then it is either tooo hot to walk or raining....okay, excuses, excuses I know....today is the last day of school and tomorrow we leave for a weekend trip to take youngest son to the airport....he will be spending the summer in Oregon so I know that my life will be much more peaceful and relaxed and I intend to spend it walking on!!! Gee, I am even getting excited to walk now!! Walk on, walk on, We can do it!!! Hope you all have a wonderful Dukan Day!!!

Althea

Hi all,

Well it looks like rain...AGAIN. This is just silly ..I have an umbrella and I am going in :D.I I'll just pretend I am Gene Kelly and do a little 'singin' in the rain'.

So if you hear of a kooky Canadian who has been ,hit by lightening or taken away for bizarre behavior ,you'll know what happened to me.;)

Gee whiz.. I was so good yesterday and I am up a pound...what gives ?? Hey, can barometric pressure cause weight gain??.:D:D

Colleen

p.s. Hi Althea ..what a pretty name.:)

I walked 9 holes of golf yesterday and then 3 miles in the evening with my neighbor, I was sure I would lose 10 lbs. I lost 1 lb which is ok. Colleen I am sure you will lose tomorrow.

Dukan's book says if you stall in you weight loss, you should increase your walking from 30 minutes to and hour. KEEP ON WALKING!

FINALLY!!!! Finally I spent time reading the book (due to a 3 hour roadtrip) and now it makes sense!!! No cheating means NO cheating! Okay, now I get it! And Walk every day means Walk EVERY DAY!! Okay, now I get it!!! Although eating out isn't easy, it is doable and YES, I CAN DO IT!! And although I can find lots of excuses not to walk, I MUST WALK ON~~~~IF, I really want to lose this weight!!! I can play the games and make the excuses and keep on weighing what I weigh or I CAN DO IT and LOSE IT!!! It is up to me and no one but me so all the excuses in the world to not follow the plan exactly, WILL work and I WILL NOT lose it or I CAN JUST DO IT AND actually LOSE IT NOW!!!

Thanks Girls for being here!!! LETS WALK ON AND LETS DO IT!!!

Althea

Althea I know what you mean about the book helping. I started the diet the day I got the book then a third of the way through things he wrote really help understand why the diet works. I have about 40 more lbs I would like to lose. Enjoy your walks. Joan