Who is on the Dukan Diet?

SkiRacer

I did the diet last year and lost 30 pounds between August and Thanksgiving, going from a tight 10 to a comfortable 6 (I'm 5'8"). I still "sort of" stick to it, eating pretty much what I like and haven't gained any back. The main thing I noticed is that now I'm satisfied with much less food. But I know that if I should start to put it back on, I know how to take it off again!

Wonderful to see the Dukan thread on CC !! I just started a couple of weeks ago - had great results early on, but I've fallen off the wagon for the last 2 weekends!! Family, friends and food at the cottage has helped me gain back a few lbs - but I usually do 2 PP days together every week. Need more exercise & water - so I've just gotta get to it! Another difficult weekend coming up, but after Labour Day it's nose to the griindstone!! I'll be tryiing those muffins to get me thru the weekend!! Thanks for the thread!

I know what you mean about falling off the wagon. Our nights are turning cool so I am in the mood to bake. Not just dukan muffins. Maybe we can all keep each other on the straight and narrow. Taking a TA cruise in Nov. would like to get back on the weight loss before then. Joan

Help

I have been on the Dukan since 1 April 2011 and lost just over 4 stone.

We are sailing on the Eclipse on the 28 Sept for 16 nights. We went on the Eclipse last year I was on the see it and eat it diet. Has anyone been on the Eclipse this year and noticed if they do fat and sugar free yoghurt. A part from this eating should be relatively easy, well I hope.

PurpleLady57, your up coming cruise sounds wonderful also. Our cruise goes to Cartegene, Spain also. When you get back, could you let me know what you did there? We are trying to decide what to do at that port, weather to take a tour or just see things on our own. Joan

Back from my cruise.. I only gained 3 lbs. but walked and walked. And I ate and drank pretty much what I can't. Started back yesterday (attack) and lost almost all of it!

How much is a "stone" to the American pound??

Susan~ How much do you weigh at 5'8? I'm about the same height and what used to be a good weight last year I look fat at this year:cool:..

Dukan Diet does work. Not a lot of cravings. Try mixing your oat bran with egg beaters and ham chunks. I have done a lot of reading on this one and water is key. Mostly for health reasons and all the protein. BE WARNED: The weight will come back just as fast as it goes!

SkiRacer, I know what you mean about the munchies... on protein days, it's kind of akward to just pick up a hunk of chicken and snack on it. LOL

I made some of the oat bran muffins, but add a healthy bit of cinnamon and a little cocoa powder (unsweet, fat free baking cocoa). I heat those up and eat them during my snack time, so it feels like I am able to munch on something, rather than gnawing on meat or fish all the time.

For an evening snack, I sometimes take a plain greek yogurt and add a little bit of the powdered sugar-free drink mix, something similar to crystal-lite. For me, I want the feeling of some type of dessert.

I'd LOVE to hear some ideas you have too.

I'm at 150 so 130 would be awesome. I started at 164:eek:. Went on a 7 day cruise the last of August now need to get my butt back in gear!!

Well, this diet will do it for you! I've tried Atkins, which worked as well, but I was sick of eating all that fat and I was always a little worried about what it was doing to my arteries! I cruise again in 18 days so it will be interesting to see how well I can maintain this weight range.

SkiRacer, I know what you mean about the munchies... on protein days, it's kind of akward to just pick up a hunk of chicken and snack on it. LOL

I made some of the oat bran muffins, but add a healthy bit of cinnamon and a little cocoa powder (unsweet, fat free baking cocoa). I heat those up and eat them during my snack time, so it feels like I am able to munch on something, rather than gnawing on meat or fish all the time.

For an evening snack, I sometimes take a plain greek yogurt and add a little bit of the powdered sugar-free drink mix, something similar to crystal-lite. For me, I want the feeling of some type of dessert.

I'd LOVE to hear some ideas you have too.

I have been adding cinnamon but I hadn't thought of cocoa powder. Great idea.

I like buying the cooked whole chicken in the deli area at the market. It has a different taste than when I cook chicken.

• 2 weeks later...

Way to go SkiRacer. I am right with you. I went off diet for 10 days and put on a few pounds too. But this week is back to the grindstone. I'm already back on track. I didn't go back to attack phase though, I just started doing the alternating PP and P&V.

So glad I found this eating plan... it has made losing weight easier than ever.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there Dukan fans,

I've been "dukaning" for over 12 months and give it a 'thumbs up'. I didn't have a lot to lose (9lb) but it took 4 months to get there . I have basically maintained at 121lb (55kg) since February '11.

I like the fact that you can revert back to any level as the need arises.

Looking forward to chatting with you about this plan.

Hi Anna

Just started Dukaning on Friday, so it's good to hear about people who have been successful with it. Terrible time of the year to be starting with Christmas lunches starting next week but I'm going way on 30 Dec to the Arabian Gulf and all my summer stuff is too tight around my waist, so even if I could lose 7 pounds between then and now that would mKe a difference although I'd be over the moon if I could lose 10 (have 20 to lose).

The way I see it, I can't keep putting on weight and not doing anything about it because of a holiday or whatever. I may stray a bit on my cruise but can go straight back on to attack for a few days.

Hi Anna

Just started Dukaning on Friday, so it's good to hear about people who have been successful with it. Terrible time of the year to be starting with Christmas lunches starting next week but I'm going way on 30 Dec to the Arabian Gulf and all my summer stuff is too tight around my waist, so even if I could lose 7 pounds between then and now that would mKe a difference although I'd be over the moon if I could lose 10 (have 20 to lose).

The way I see it, I can't keep putting on weight and not doing anything about it because of a holiday or whatever. I may stray a bit on my cruise but can go straight back on to attack for a few days.

Just wait for the surprise on day 6. You can do it :p. Your Arabian cruise sounds exciting.