Who is on the Dukan Diet?

SkiRacer

Wahoo Joan !!! Big milestone!!Your cruise sounds wonderful too.:) We have no cruises booked..renovating our kitchen,,kind of destroyed our travel budget.:D

I enjoy writing reviews of our cruises and cruise short stories..you can find them under threads I have posted if you are interested.(I can't do link thingee I am a little computer challenged:D)

Althea is right ,the key to success is following the diet to the letter and keep on walking.Strength in numbers girls...we WILL do this.:):)

Colleen.

I am going to Calif. for a week, wish me luck on sticking to the diet. One party and friends to visit, which means lunch out. :eek:

I am making a week worth of muffins to freeze and have for breakfast.

Stick to the diet and keep on walking girls, talk to you next week. Joan

I gained a pound, but now I have my special needs brother with me for a couple of weeks. He is skinny and eats 24/7. So cooking and fixing food for him is going to be even more difficult. I am going to try staying an the attack phase as much as possible while he is here. How is everyone else doing?

Glad you got home safely and only 1 lb while on a trip is amazing!!! My daughter works with Special Needs clients so I know you have your work cut out for you in the next couple of weeks.....sounds like attack is a good plan, much easier and very little planning. You will have enough to think of without planning several different menus each day. Get some rest and enjoy your brothers visit!!! And let us know how you are doing!

Hi all

Two pounds from goal... making it 25 lbs lost when I arrive ;)

Then it's on to the next phase.. this last few pounds seem to have taken forever... but I feel great and I'm so happy with this diet.

So it's five days for every pound lost ? I am kind of glad of this ..a little nervous of letting go of veg/protein regimen..sure hope Dr. Dukan's theory is correct ..would hate to rebound like with other diets. But I guess there is always pure protein to kick start things again.

Anyway not there yet ,let's not get ahead of myself, one step at a time.:)

Hi all

Two pounds from goal... making it 25 lbs lost when I arrive ;)

Then it's on to the next phase.. this last few pounds seem to have taken forever... but I feel great and I'm so happy with this diet.

So it's five days for every pound lost ? I am kind of glad of this ..a little nervous of letting go of veg/protein regimen..sure hope Dr. Dukan's theory is correct ..would hate to rebound like with other diets. But I guess there is always pure protein to kick start things again.

Anyway not there yet ,let's not get ahead of myself, one step at a time.:)

How long did it take to lose the 25? I am reading the book and going to start probably on the 5th. The weight it says for me is 144, so I need to lose 16 lbs. Trying to gauge time in there before my cruise.

Litewait, You should be able to make your weight. I think the key to this diet is the oat bran, the protein and walking. I lost 17 lbs the first month. But I do have a lot more than you to lose.

Hurray Colleyberry!!! We started the same day and have lost the same amount. So for the Doubting Thomas's out there this diet works.

So today is day one! I think I have read and understand it pretty well.

I started with a muffin (thanks for the recipe) not bad at all and water. Going to have coffee and an egg in a bit. The rest if the day with the meat portion of the protein. Going t do my 20 min walk this afternoon. Weighed this morning and need to lose a littl more than I thought after the weekend and stuff:(. So here we go..I'm sure I will have questions along the way!

SW: 161.8 7/5/11

Was stepping on the scale this morning an amazing experience? Hope you are finding this easy. Do expect to feel rather lethergic and headachy this week.....and probably consitipated.....it goes with the territory for the first few day but hang in there and by the end of the 1st week or so you should feel GREAT!!!

Best of luck,

Althea

Was stepping on the scale this morning an amazing experience? Hope you are finding this easy. Do expect to feel rather lethergic and headachy this week.....and probably consitipated.....it goes with the territory for the first few day but hang in there and by the end of the 1st week or so you should feel GREAT!!!

Best of luck,

Althea

Hello Dukan Friends

I have reached my goal :):).... this diet so worked for me.I am officially at my pre pregnancy weight..my son's 25 :D:D:D

I feel wonderful and will faithfully follow this next phase to insure continued success. Wishing each of you the Best of Luck.

Love Colleen

First day went well, second was a litlle more difficult. Did have the headache and was a little grumpy, but it's hot and muggy here so that contributed as well. I've lost 3.7 lbs and thats awesome. Going to try and do the attack thru atleast Sat. that would be 5 days. Is that about what everyone else did??

WOuld love some Catsup and cocktail for shrip about now!!:p

Edited by Litewait

Yay for Coleen!!! It's so good to hear that someone has actually gotten there and I can't wait to hear all about your next phase. Let us know the tricks and tips of it. Bet you are grinning from ear to ear, as well you should be!

Litewait, you are doing great!!! I use Heinz Reduced Sugar Ketchup (only 1 gram of carbs in a tablespoon so if you don't use a lot of it or have it too often you should be good).....add some horseradish to this to make your own Cocktail Sauce. Also I have found that FF cottage cheese makes an acceptable substitute for mayo in egg salad or chicken salad....that with some sugar free relish, a little mustard and it is ALMOST like the real stuff.....also I have started making my own Fat Free yogurt....so much easier than I would have thought and so much less expensive....I can control how tangy I want it to be and also how thick I want it to be.....if you want the recipe, just let me know.

Have a great story to tell...... A customer walked into my shop yesterday and briefly glanced my way while shopping....she said "Oh, you must be the owner's sister, you look a lot like her." I said, "Uh, no, actually I don't have a sister" With that she took a good look and said "Oh my God! It's you! You look so different! You have lost weight and a lot of it!" You can imagine how wide my grin was! She definately made my day!!! Talk about encouragement!!!

I actually bought that Ketchup and some horseradish but was afraid to use it. Now I will. I've eaten, steak, chicken, center cut pork chop, ground turkey patty, turkey bacon and turkey pepperoni ( someone on here suggested that), as well as an egg a day and the muffin a day.

I've used dry seasonings only and a little mustard yesterday. I'm going to try your suggestions and also make some chicken "salad" !

Congrats on the great comment!! Makes all the work worth it!!:D

...is Stroganoff I use 90% lean ground beef browned with onions in a little cooking spray...add low sodium beef broth or bullion and low sodium worchestershire and bring to almost a boil and then thicken the sauce with some corn starch (called Corn Flour on European Dukan sites and a tolerated item) mixed in cool water and stir til sauce is thickened..... add a ton of mushrooms rather than noodles .... reduce the heat and when no longer bubbling add 1/4 to 1/2 cp of fat free sour cream and stir in well..... soo good that my whole family likes it

I'm still trying to acquire taste for fish (that isn't fried or a stick LOL) but I'm thinking about trying the savory DD pancake with a crumbled salmon patty mixed in for a type of fish crocette (sp?) maybe come up with a yogurt sauce to top it with? anyone have any thougts, ideas or suggestions on this?

for Attack you would have to stick to the lean ground beef and onions....no mushrooms till Cruise....I have done the same basic think with cubed chicken cooked in chicken stock or boullion and it is good too...

So..I will have completed 6 days of Attack after today. I really am proud of myself, didnt cheat at all. As of this morning I was down 6.8 lbs weighing 155.

Going to sit down this afternoon and re-read Cruise phase and go grocery shopping. Any recommendations? How do you, ARB, make your chicken salad? I LOVE chicken salad..

I have 15 lbs to go.. If I can manage about 2 lbs a week I would hit 140 when we cruise. What do you guys do when you cruise. I know I wont be able to stay on the diet. I'm not going to try and fool myself thinking I can. Did you jump back on Attack when you got home?

We are all pretty new at this...but I kind of feel like I have this little secret should any extreme eating cause weight gain,a few days pure protein and all will be well again.:)

You are doing great..enjoy your vegetables;)

Colleen

I make it the same way I would have before.....chicken, onions, celery, sugar free relish and fat free cottage cheese rather than mayo....havent tried putting the cottage cheese in a food processor before adding it but that might make it blend with the other ingredients better.....less lumpy chicken salad LOL!!!

TYhe headaches are pretty much gone. I had one yesterday, not today, so they are phasing out. I am walking the 20 min. I used to could power walk twenty and it was mothing, but your right, right now I'm tired when I do it at night. I did it this morning and it was a little better. Had a bit more pep! LOL.

Not finding it hard to stick with the diet right now. I think the gratification of seeing the scale go down makes it easy!

Summer has been busy and I have FINALLY started following the walking part of the plan so evenings have been dedicated to that. Sticking to the plan and finally started seeing the scale go down on a more regular basis instead of the frustrating up and down thing that had been going on for so long....I guess it's the walking...should have started that part right from the get go instead of being lazy.

How is everyone else doing?

Doing good here~ It was 2 weeks yesterday and I am down 10 lbs. Meaning I have 11 to go. Almost half way!! I have a bad weekend coming up though, 3 day conference and I'm at their mercy for food so we shall see. I will hit the gym for the treadmill to get my walking in though. Then I'm good again until the 6th.. Thats the only bad part is having commitments I cant change and cant control much of what is there food wise.

Walking is essential I believe. It sure makes me feel better! Keep it up~ We will get there!! After reading the book and the theory behind the diet I am totally convinced he is correct in his program so I will stick to it!:)