Who is on the Dukan Diet?

SkiRacer

Have any of you doing this plan had a problem with retaining water? Yesterday and today I am so bloated, I feel it in my ankles and fingers. I have been drinking about 4 liters of water each day since I started the attack phase last week.

Any ideas to help with the bloating? Did anyone else experience this?

Thanks, Litewait. I have 25 more pounds to go. It sounds like a lot, but it will pass.

lovepea, so far I have not been retaining water or bloating. Maybe you are drinking too much water. What you are drinking is about double the recommended amount.

Personally, I drink about 4 liters a day and have never had a problem, but if you are retaining water and bloating, you might try cutting back.

I am so thirsty though! I normally drink about 3 Liters of water in a day and have for a very long time. To cut back to only 1.5 Liters, I think I would feel so completely dry. I thought Dr. Dukan said 1.5 Liters, meaning, don't go less than that amount, not that we had to drink exactly that amount. hmm... interesting thoughts

I just went to the web page mydukandiet.com and it said "One important habit that you need to establish from day one is proper water intake. Avoiding dehydration and overworking your kidneys is crucial on a high protein diet like this. Be sure to drink over 1.5 litres per day"

I don't think there is real limit on how much you drink. My doctor didn't believe how much I told him I drank until I had to do a 24-hour pee test--then he did. :) He told me, however, that as long as my chemistry is good and I am not getting bloated or retaining water, that lots of water is good for me. I always credit my good skin to lots of water, but who knows?

If you have issues, you should definitely check with your Doc.

If retaining water extends for a long period of time or gets excessive, I'd check with my doc, but it could also be hormonal. It is even talked about in the book. Just wondered how common it could be. Oh well!

This morning I was down in weight, 0.8 lbs. Still 0.6 over the last day of attack phase. But I'm going to just keep at it. What else can I do!

I had a great attack phase. Just under 10 pounds in 5 days. It's the cruise phase where I seem to have stalled.

Yesterday was PP day for me. Here's what I ate:

Dukan oat bran gallette (made as described in book)

egg scramble using 2 servings egg beaters + 2 slices lean deli turkey breast + 1 TBSP fat free feta cheese

1 cup non-fat cottage cheese

1 ground turkey breast patty

1 0% fat greek yogurt (plain)

2 grilled chicken breast

1 cup fat free milk

1 plain coffee

1 glass plain iced tea

150 oz water

lovepea, are you walking the 30min? Also, that is a lot of liquid. If I drank that much I would never be able to leave the bathroom.

I do take a walk at my lunch break and also go to the gym for 30 minutes after work. I have always drank a lot of liquids, since I was prescribed to do so by a nutritionist years ago. I was told to have a minimum of 120 oz of water in addition to anything else I might drink.

Today my weight stayed the same, but I am happy with it. Losing 5 pounds in the first week, especially with no exercise whatsoever, is pretty good for me. Prior hereto, I had never lost more than 2 pounds in a week in my life.

Fortunately, I am feeling better and am hoping to be able to at least walk today. It is probably too early to think about hitting the gym, but I can probably handle a 30 minute walk. Hopefully, I will have kicked this stupid bug entirely by Monday so I can get back on my usual schedule of going to the gym every morning.

lovepea, I also drink a lot of liquid--probably about 16 cups a day including coffee. I usually have about 4 cups of coffee but that's ok because I use VIA and only put in half a pack per cup so it is really like two cups of "coffee" coffee and two more cups of water. :) Then I constantly have a 16 oz. bottle of Perrier at hand, on my bed stand, next to my home computer, in my car, at the gym and in my office.

We will see what next week brings.

Punki

I am so glad you are feeling better Punki!

I am just gonna keep at it and see where I end up at the end of the week. It was exciting to watch the scales every day during attack phase, but it's probably not realistic to keep looking for that same type of drop every day during cruise.

Punki, Hope you are fleeing better.

I went out for Itallian last night and had chicken with penne (not a large portion) and still lost 1/2 lb. I am loving this diet. Park City has so many great restaurants my husband is glad that I can go out and feel better about going off the diet for a meal now and then.

Hey PunkiC, where ya at? Hope all is going well for you.

I'm still hangin in here. Noticing that the scale stays the same for several days, and then, woosh... drops by a lot all of a sudden. Strange pattern, but hey, I'll take the downward movement!

Looks like everyone here is doing well and hanging in there. Good for all of you!!!

I'm sslowllyyyy still there... to slow for my taste but showing enough occasional losses that I don't want to give up. (Although I have been tempted) Today I'm thinking that if I could avoid weighing every time I get near the scale but instead only weighed once a week or so I might be more impressed with the loss I see rather than the up and down stuff. But I can't!! Everytime I pass the stupid scale I want to hop on in hopes of a whoosh. Oh well, just call me obsessive I guess...

Looks like everyone here is doing well and hanging in there. Good for all of you!!!

I'm sslowllyyyy still there... to slow for my taste but showing enough occasional losses that I don't want to give up. (Although I have been tempted) Today I'm thinking that if I could avoid weighing every time I get near the scale but instead only weighed once a week or so I might be more impressed with the loss I see rather than the up and down stuff. But I can't!! Everytime I pass the stupid scale I want to hop on in hopes of a whoosh. Oh well, just call me obsessive I guess...

I am exactly the same way with the scale... weigh yourself as much as you like, but don't get disappointed with the tiny changes, you have to look at the overall trend. I know this is hard, I struggle with it myself. Especially since in the beginning of this diet, the weight flies off and each time you jump on the scale, it is going down.

Don't give up! You can do it.

I agree with lovepea, don't give up. I am not as strict with the diet as I was the first 2 months but the numbers are still going down. I haven't been this low in a decade or two.

I hope to lose another 10lbs before our Nov. cruise. I would like to lose 30 but I don't think that will happen.