General questions about Rising Tide Bar

Our gang of 11 will be looking for different locations to have a group pic taken, and the RTB came up.

1. Does everyone have to be seated to "take the ride"? We do all plan on buying a drink to toast our cruise vacation.

2. How many decks does it stop at?

3. Is there a time limit for occupying a seat/table?

4. Approximately how long is "the ride" to return to the deck you entered from?

5. Is there generally a line to wait in before you can enter?

No they don't have to be seated. Stops on deck 5 - royal promenade and deck 8 - central park. You can get on and off at either stop. I think it takes 10 or 15 min to get from deck to deck. I never saw any lines - this was on Oasis. And we were on it once and we never saw them telling anyone they had to get off, so I guess there is no time limit. It's a fun thing to do, but it's not very big :D

The Rising Tide Bar on the Oasis was one of our favorite spots to grab a cocktail. Our "driver", Bjorn, was a fantastic host and had a great personality. He even let us "drive" the bar. There is a large open area at one end of the bar that would be perfect for taking a group photo. I don't believe there is a time limit but we would be courteous and step off if there was ever a line of people waiting to get on.

As the previous post stated (at least on the Oasis) you may stand, there is no time limit and it stops on decks 5 and 8. There is a brief waiting time on each deck for guests to board. Typically there are no more than a few people waiting, if that. Now if you have a very large group and there is already a number of people on the bar you may not all be able to get on at once. I would imagine there is a weight limit.

Also you may have to work out getting your group alone in one area if there are already people sitting in the various areas. Maybe people will move if necessary, at least while the shot is taken.

A great place for the photographer to take the picture would be from the Schooner Bar on Deck 6. That area of the ship is open from deck 5 to 7 and quite a bit of the Schooner Bar looks down over deck 5 and the RTB. They could station themselves anywhere along the rail and look down on the RTB as it waits for passengers. It moves slowly so there would be plenty of time to take multiple photos as it ascends and descends.

If you were planning on having more than one person hopping in and out to take the photos that plan would not work very well though ;)

I totally agree with all that has been written. As far as time limit, you can stay on as long as you want. On the Oasis we stayed a couple of hours as we waited for and enjoyed the "70's Night" pre-show and show with Richard Spacey. Richard ends the show by riding the bar up. It was an awesome spot to enjoy the evening. There are some drinks that this bar does not serve because of limited storage space.

Sometimes they close it down for maintenance so check with customer service(?). I have also seen the one end that is supposely empty with chairs (for The Captain????) other time the chairs were gone and it was empty.. Its seems like a great idea hope you can get it to work.:)

I totally agree with all that has been written. As far as time limit, you can stay on as long as you want. On the Oasis we stayed a couple of hours as we waited for and enjoyed the "70's Night" pre-show and show with Richard Spacey. Richard ends the show by riding the bar up. It was an awesome spot to enjoy the evening. There are some drinks that this bar does not serve because of limited storage space.

if you want a drink they can't make,when you get to CP they will go to the Trellis Bar and get it.

What if a group of other people wanted to stay a couple of hours, and "enjoy the evening" at this unique, limited seating bar and you never could get aboard?

Would you be upset at the "selfish people"?

That seems to be taking advantage of stay as long as you want.

But, it's such an awesome spot. No sense in sharing it with others.

You do have to buy a drink. Since we can't drink, we had to buy an orange juice but we enjoyed it.

We had a Central Park room so we could see it going up and down and there was never a line on the Allure for April 24 th sailing.

On our Allure sailing in March, the Rising Tide bar was broken all week except for the last day (they said it was a software problem, but it didn't look like it).

They were telling people to get off after 1 complete ride (up and down). Lots of people got mad, and adding to the fact that many were already drunk since this was the last night of the vacation.

On our Allure sailing in March, the Rising Tide bar was broken all week except for the last day (they said it was a software problem, but it didn't look like it).

They were telling people to get off after 1 complete ride (up and down). Lots of people got mad, and adding to the fact that many were already drunk since this was the last night of the vacation.

It ran flawlessly the week of May 1st. I remember the Activities director at our Meet and Mingle made a joke when explaining the differences between Allure and Oasis, saying, "our rising tide works"

It depends on the time that you go on it if there is a line. We had to wait in line twice, once due to a wedding party and picture taking and once just becuse there was full cap on it. Both time they went up and down a couple of times. then some people came off and others got on. I was on when the bride was still on. She had her portatid done there. Other times no line and once it was empty except for 4 of us from CC.

It depends on the time that you go on it if there is a line. We had to wait in line twice, once due to a wedding party and picture taking and once just becuse there was full cap on it. Both time they went up and down a couple of times. then some people came off and others got on. I was on when the bride was still on. She had her portatid done there. Other times no line and once it was empty except for 4 of us from CC.

Thank you for the feedback. Good to see that no one was monopolizing it while you were there.

Thank you for the feedback. Good to see that no one was monopolizing it while you were there.

I can't really imagine anyone wanting to spend that much time on this thing. I mean, there's only so much you can take of a bar that acts as an elevator. Which I would imagine RCI thought most would see it as...

I'll probably give it a shot and get off at the first floor and say; been there... done that, moving on. I mean... up, down, up, down - I'd rather be DOING something lol. Cool concept, gotta give it a go.. but that's as far as it goes with me :D

I can't really imagine anyone wanting to spend that much time on this thing. I mean, there's only so much you can take of a bar that acts as an elevator. Which I would imagine RCI thought most would see it as...

I'll probably give it a shot and get off at the first floor and say; been there... done that, moving on. I mean... up, down, up, down - I'd rather be DOING something lol. Cool concept, gotta give it a go.. but that's as far as it goes with me :D

I agree with you. We did it on our last night on Oasis just so we could say we did. Got on, had 1 drink and got off. It was fun but not somewhere I would spend hours hanging out. :D

Archived