LMT and Intercontential MIA deal?

fsuhockette

The rates on LMT change on a daily basis based on how full the hotel is . . .I'm not sure how a deal from last year would still "be there" however you may find a very good rate for that hotel during the time you're going. I know when I book for us downtown Miami LMT was $166 for the Interconinental it then dropped a few months later to $99. Not sure what it is now because I booked at the Holiday Inn with a non refundable room.

There are a few threads on here about the IC not honoring the rate. I'd only pay to stay at the IC b/c the low LMT rate since we'll hardly be there long enough to lay our heads down on the pillow. I fully understand that rates change season to season, however, last year most were paying $85(ish) dollars for a room there in summer/fall and I guess what I'm inquiring is whether or not anyone has had issues with the purchase of their room on last minute travel dot com once arriving at the hotel.

We booked three rooms on LMT for the IC Miami Downtown for June. Our reservation was $108 per room plus taxes ($125 total per room). We've never booked through LMT but did book the IC for a June 2009 stay through Easy Click (sister site) with no problems. I think we paid about $90 plus tax at the time. I called ahead when we booked through Easy Click and we experienced no problems. We did upgrade to a Harborview room on check-in for $25 extra.

I do plan to call the IC directly soon to confirm our upcoming stay. :)

How do you know it is the Intercontinental with LMT?

Aren't the names hidden? I stayed there a few yrs back

and booked with Easy Click and did the reverse with better

bidding to find the name. I know they have changed the

site to block this. So if I book with LMT, do I pick 5 star

downtown Miami? What is the decription of the hotel so

I can be assured IC?

I can be assured IC?

The thing I liked about LMT is that you can view photos of the hotels. It was pretty easy to figure out the hotel based on the pictures.

I can be assured IC?

As stated the pictures give it away but when you search Miami narrow it down to downtown area. The IC is a 5-star and when you place your cursor over the photos link the address pops up with "917" in the address as the hotel code. This is the IC. There is another site run by the same company that someone has mentioned on here before (the name escapes me right now) and the list the names of the hotels using the same codes. It's a sister site but not as much of a discount and therefore use the hotel names.

Oddly enough I just did a test search on LMT and about 60% of the hotel names are popping up including the IC. Not sure if this is a search error this morning or because I did a test search for June and they're trying to sell out the rest of the rooms at these hotels.

wow! you are right, the hotel name is showing up for my July date!

I see the Intercontinental and Fountainbleu. The others are hidden.

The IC shows $102 for the night! Cant beat that! I am booking it today.

I am SO bummed- just checked the cruise price on LMT and it is $400 cheaper. I cant do a thing since I am booked with RC. : ( : (

wow! you are right, the hotel name is showing up for my July date!

I see the Intercontinental and Fountainbleu. The others are hidden.

The IC shows $102 for the night! Cant beat that! I am booking it today.

I am SO bummed- just checked the cruise price on LMT and it is $400 cheaper. I cant do a thing since I am booked with RC. : ( : (

I'm glad it worked out for you! Can't beat $102!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Now the only thing I am concerned about is the bed type- it is not listed and is blank. Room type says "standard" what ever that means. Does anyone know? I am not getting in until 6pm, I hope we can get 2 double beds.

Now the only thing I am concerned about is the bed type- it is not listed and is blank. Room type says "standard" what ever that means. Does anyone know? I am not getting in until 6pm, I hope we can get 2 double beds.

I put king-size bed in the request box and when I confirmed my reservation with the IC directly they also informed me we had king-size beds.

The request box says it can't be guaranteed but it doesn't hurt to put your request in and try. I was pleasantly surprised! :)

• 3 months later...
I think LMT has changed their website...anyone have any RECENT experience with booking the IC in this way?

This is an old thread. Why don't you start a new thread with a fresh question? Tough to tell what you and the last poster are wondering about.

Archived