Volcano!!!!!!!!!!

That's strange...on the German news they just said that the wind was the other way and it was definitely NOT heading for Europe. Besides, they say the outbreak is so small it won't have any effect outside Iceland anyway.

Thanks! Im a little more hopeful now but it will crush me if the trip is cancelled!! :(

I'm supposed to be flying friday, apparently due over UK tuesday, hopefully it's much higher than last yaer, how are we fixed if flights cancelled?

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/aviation/vaac/vaacuk_vag.html

this link gives reliable updates about the volcano plume

stay optimistic

pauline

Looks like the graph shows it covering the UK by about wednesday, could be dodgy for the weekend. I established that if the flight is cancelled and I cant get to the ship I'd be entitled as a package holidaymaker to a complete refund, or alternative - obviously it's unlikely to match this year or the cabin we booked...so...no compensation though because it's an event out of Thomson control

Hi Keith,

here is the latest travel alert from Thomson's.

Manchester airport say similar and are running flights normally

Berwyn

As widely reported in the media, Iceland has been experiencing some volcanic activity over the last twelve hours. Current predictions indicate that by the early hours of 24th May the ash cloud may have reached Scottish airspace.

However, Thomson Airways can confirm that the ash dispersion is not currently causing the airline any operational issues, so there are no changes to our flying programme at present. If you are due to travel with Thomson Airways, please travel to your departure airport as normal for your flight as per your original itinerary. We are working closely with the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and Eurocontrol to monitor and assess the situation and its potential impact on our flight programme.

Thomson Airways will be posting regular updates here so please continue to check for the latest flight information.

Eastern airways have cancelled all their flights tomorrow from newcastle. looks like the north will be effected first

Cardiff - Aberdeen - cancelled, luckily Corfu is in the other direction, maybe our Scottish friends can give info on Thomson from Scotland

I see Thomson are shipping Scots passengers south

FLIGHT INFORMATION

Customers due to travel on Tuesday 24th May 2011

Customers due to travel to and from Glasgow Airport or Edinburgh only:

Due to the high probability of the airports being closed, Thomson Airways have confirmed the following changes to your departures.

It is important that all customers continue to check–in at the original airport, at the original time as per their original itinerary. Onward transportation will be provided to transfer all customers to the new departure airport.

GLASGOW DEPARTURES

Flights from Glasgow Airport - 24 May 2011

Flight no. To New departure New time of

Airport Dept (local time)

TOM1222 Alicante Manchester 13.00 hrs

TOM1218 Palma Manchester 14.30 hrs

TOM1252 Reus Newcastle 20.40 hrs

TOM1244 Heraklion Manchester 22.30 hrs

TOM214 Antalya Manchester 22.50 hrs

Flights to Glasgow Airport – 24 May 2011

Flight no. From New Departure Arrival New arrival

Flight time Airport Flight time

(local time) (local time)

TOM1223 Alicante 17.55 hrs Manchester 19.45 hrs

TOM1219 Palma 18.35 hrs Manchester 20.05 hrs

TOM1253 Reus 12.30 hrs Newcastle 14.15 hrs

TOM1245 Heraklion 05.30 hrs (25/5) Manchester 07.45 hrs (25/5)

TOM215 Antalya 06.10 hrs Manchester 08.55 hrs

EDINBURGH DEPARTURES

Flight from Edinburgh - 24 May 2011

Flight no. To New departure New time of

Airport Dept (local time)

TOM1214 Palma Manchester 14.00 hrs

Flight to Edinburgh Airport – 24 May 2011

Flight No From To

TOM 1215 Palma Edinburgh

Information in relation to this flight will be published in due course.

Transport will be arranged to and from Glasgow or Edinburgh for all departing and arriving customers.

Oh dear, we're going from Edinburgh on Friday. Just hoping the volcano has settled by then or that the wind changes direction! Good that Thomson has made arrangements early though.

Good luck!! :) Hope it all settles down by then. (And have a great cruise!:D)

Good luck!! :) Hope it all settles down by then. (And have a great cruise!:D)

This is like Deja-vu from last year's cruise on the Dream. We are off in just over 2 weeks and Ka-Boom off goes the Icelandic volcano again.

Berwyn

Oh dear, we're going from Edinburgh on Friday. Just hoping the volcano has settled by then or that the wind changes direction! Good that Thomson has made arrangements early though.

I'm going from Cardiff on Friday, hopefully the stuff will have drifted off into the North sea, we cant go much further south for an airport:eek:The ship goes at 23.30 so we have 15 hours to get to it though I suspect, because Saturday is a sea day. that they'll wait, but then how about the people who want to get back?:eek::eek:

I'm going from Cardiff on Friday, hopefully the stuff will have drifted off into the North sea, we cant go much further south for an airport:eek:The ship goes at 23.30 so we have 15 hours to get to it though I suspect, because Saturday is a sea day. that they'll wait, but then how about the people who want to get back?:eek::eek:

Good luck to you all with getting away on time.

As to returning flights, up to now Thomson's are landing flights due to land in Scotland in manchester airport.

Berwyn

Archived