Just booked A1-1140 aft cabin on new Summit!

Liz315

We were in 1138 on sister Infinity and have sailed on the Summit.

Those are great cabins and you can have the balcony divider opened between 1140 and 1139.

The balcony on 1140 is the largest and the others angle back.

I don't believe that smoking is still permitted on the port side of the Sunset Bar. I know it is no longer permitted on the Infinity.

The only flaw in the "new" cabins is the shower door. Your cabin steward will bring extra towels to mob up the leaky door if it has not been refitted. The shower itself is great with the jets at full blast. This is just a little warning because so many first timers in the Aqua cabins think they have done something wrong and this is absolutely not the case.

You will appreciate how pleasantly quiet those deck 11 cabins are and how great the view is from your balconies.

Have a great cruise.

The other flaw in the new cabins on deck 11 are that the drawers and closet doors don't appear to have sufficient stops so in rougher water, they can fly open and closed....recommend you take some duck tape with you just in case you have to tape them closed. This lacks of stops applies to the balcony door as well which has no way to lock open...and no way to lock closed if you are sitting outside. As a result, in rougher seas, you can sit on your balcony and hear the door behind you slam open and closed. recommended solution is to take a 24" bungee cord with you because with that cord, you can fasten the door open. There is no way to keep the door securely closed in you are outside on the balcony.

Irrespective of the above, we have 1140 booked on four cruises on the millennium and the infinity...we just bring duck tape and our bungee cord with us.

BTW...if you forget the bungee cord, you can make do with the belt from the robe. ....but you may want to use that to secure the shower doors which also fly open and closed. Fortunately they give you two bathrobes :).

We were in 1138 on sister Infinity and have sailed on the Summit.

I don't believe that smoking is still permitted on the port side of the Sunset Bar. I know it is no longer permitted on the Infinity.

Have a great cruise.

As of the end of January 2015, smoking was definitely still permitted on the port side of the Sunset Bar. (We had one of the aft cabins on Deck 8 for our B2B. Can't give any info on the Deck 11 aft cabins but Deck 8 aft is fantastic).

Wanted to make a comment regarding aft cabins and walking difficulties. It is a different story on M class versus S class. On M class, the AQ cabins on deck 11 in back are very close to the back elevator, which means very close to Blu, whatever specialty restaurant they put there (Tuscan or Qsine depending on ship), very close to the buffet, very close to Rendevouz Lounge, Bistro on Five and the wine bar whose name I forget. Not close obviously to the front theater or T-pool/spa. So in many respects less walking than a mid-ship cabin. On S class, aft cabins are a different story. Looooong walk from back to anywhere

As of the end of January 2015, smoking was definitely still permitted on the port side of the Sunset Bar. (We had one of the aft cabins on Deck 8 for our B2B. Can't give any info on the Deck 11 aft cabins but Deck 8 aft is fantastic).

Let me be more specific that I am confirming the Summit still allows smoking on the port side of the Oceanview Bar (outside the buffet on Deck 10) as of the end of January 2015. (I believe the Sunset Bar name is used on the S-class ships). Sorry for any confusion.

Let me be more specific that I am confirming the Summit still allows smoking on the port side of the Oceanview Bar (outside the buffet on Deck 10) as of the end of January 2015. (I believe the Sunset Bar name is used on the S-class ships). Sorry for any confusion.

It's really pretty shocking that there is no consistency here. I know there is no smoking at the deck 10 bar on the infinity. I would expect that this was true across the fleet.

Once again, "the only thing consistent about Celebrity is their inconsistency".

We look at those aft cabins too and we noticed cigar smoking at the bar below in DEC. 2014, just three months ago. This was the Summit.

Many people complained and moved but we were told it is allowed.