Montreal - tour recommendation please

We have a fairly large group (about 20) and are staying in Old Montreal for 2 days pre-cruise in mid-Oct. We would like to take a tour of the city on the full day (its a Friday) before the cruise.

Can you give us some ideas? Grayline? Others? Do your own? Or? Any specific tours would be great!

DaveOKC

We will be buying our all day tickets through Viator.com for the HOHO bus. This way you get a little info during the 2 hr. tour and then can visit the places that you're interested in the rest of the day. I haven't been able to find other HOHO companies that will be in service on Thur. 10/13/11. The others are only running on sat & sun according to their web sites. I really wanted to take the full day tour to the Laurentian Mountains to see fall scenery but that was only offered wed. & Fri. We arrive on Wed. and leave on Fri. Good luck.

We have a fairly large group (about 20) and are staying in Old Montreal for 2 days pre-cruise in mid-Oct. We would like to take a tour of the city on the full day (its a Friday) before the cruise.

Can you give us some ideas? Grayline? Others? Do your own? Or? Any specific tours would be great!

DaveOKC

There is only one "bus" tour company and that is Grayline. But there are some other choices.

Cycle Tours at http://www.cycletoursmontreal.com/

Ca Roule on Wheels at http://www.caroulemontreal.com/en/bike-tours/

Guidatour at http://www.guidatour.qc.ca/en/ for walking tours

Now, ask me my opinion and unless you are not able to walk much, I strongly suggest anything other than Grayline. Their day tour, their half day tour and even their HOHO Bus are expensive and not very good. Montreal is an easy to do on your own if you have enough time. And take my word for it, you won't finish it in two days even if you rush around. It's not about going to see things, it's about sitting down and enjoying the food, the coffee, the ambiance. No HOHO bus can show you that.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the C1 & C2 tour with Greyline.We booked through our hotel.Dunns Smoked meat was across the street,so,we had lunch there after tour1.Then we were ready for tour 2.They picked us up at our hotel and returned us to our hotel later.We stayed at the Springhill Suites in Old Montreal.

DaveOKC

Hi Dave,

Have you made any progress on this? I think we are on the same cruise. All the tours I have found seem to be done for the season. I'm really getting frustrated. I always feel we learn a city so much better with a tour. I haven't even been able to figure out a self guided walk.

Thanks for any help!

Jeanne

Archived