Shampoo & other personal items available daily?

sdatex

Going on an Alaskan Cruisetour & then 7 days SB cruise on Coral Princess to Vancouver. With all the airline restrictions on carrying liquids I'm wondering if Princess supplies enough shampoo, conditioner, shaving gel etc in both the lodges and on the ship that we won't have to bring it? First cruise so we really don't know.

Shampoo, conditioner, lotion and regular soap will be provided onboard the ship. Not sure about what the lodges provide. Shaving gel, toothpaste, mouthwash and other personal items will be up to you to bring.........they are not provided.

If you have preferences or allergies, like me I'd suggest bringing your own. I bought a set of empty travel sized bottles (including a pump and a spray bottle) for my shampoo & conditioner, hairspray and aloe vera (for the pump bottle). My skin has two colours - white or red, so the aloe vera is necessary if I forget to refresh the sunscreen. :o

When I fly I divide the toiletries. I fill my 3-1-1 bag with as much as I can and carry that, the rest I pack (double packed in ziploc baggies) into my suitcase that is checked. I have the advantage of traveling with my husband, who only uses half of his 3-1-1 bag, so I borrow the rest of his bag space.

I have no idea about the Princess lodges, but I know the ship stuff smells like eucalyptus, my least favorite toiletry smell. Eucalyptus is fine in nature, I prefer a lighter fragrance in product that fades in a few minutes.

I've never seen shave gel provided on a ship.

No, not replaced 'daily' which was your original question. In our 16 day cruise, we only got a new bottle of shampoo and conditioner on about Day 10. I guess the room steward might have been monitoring how much was in the bottle but maybe not.

No, not replaced 'daily' which was your original question. In our 16 day cruise, we only got a new bottle of shampoo and conditioner on about Day 10. I guess the room steward might have been monitoring how much was in the bottle but maybe not.

If you would like them replaced every day, a word to your room steward is all it takes. ;)

If you are worried about the weight and you are not flying in the same day you sail you may be able to pick some up before you head off to the ship. Also the ports you are stopping in may have the products you need.

When we sail out of Fort Lauderdale or Vancouver I pick up what we need before we head off to the ship.

Did a 30 day across the {acific pond and they were topped up as needed by the atateroom steward.

Ciao for now!!!

Archived