Experiences with last minute deals to new destinations

deadzone1003

We have never done any last minute deals on any cruises. We are tempted by some of the low prices on European cruises, but then are scared off by the high airfare. However, we are thinking of doing some last minute deals in the future. What has been your experience in last minute deals especially to places where you never been to? Have excursions been expensive or difficult to sign up? Have you been disappointed due to disorganization caused by a lack of planning? In the past I generally plan everything to the last minute, but the trip ends up anti-climatic because there are no surprises.

I not talking about 1 week cruises, but the 12 days or longer, up to 30+ day cruises which Princess seems to have more of. We are retired and can hop on any cruise assuming I do not have any immediate business that I have to take care of.

You need to realize that the cabins are limited aso you may not have the best choice of a cabin. And as you've already seen, last minute airfare is very high. We've found that with the price of last minute airfare, we've made out better booking early and buying air early and just watching for any price drops.

We did see on our recent Alaskan cruise that some of the excursions were sold out when we arrived on the ship. But there are plenty of independant excursion companies who still may have availability besides going directly through the cruise line.

We have never done any last minute deals on any cruises. We are tempted by some of the low prices on European cruises, but then are scared off by the high airfare. However, we are thinking of doing some last minute deals in the future. What has been your experience in last minute deals especially to places where you never been to? Have excursions been expensive or difficult to sign up? Have you been disappointed due to disorganization caused by a lack of planning? In the past I generally plan everything to the last minute, but the trip ends up anti-climatic because there are no surprises.

I not talking about 1 week cruises, but the 12 days or longer, up to 30+ day cruises which Princess seems to have more of. We are retired and can hop on any cruise assuming I do not have any immediate business that I have to take care of.

Archived