How to book an "Exciting Deal" in Europe?

grayjay

When browsing through the "Exciting Deals" page tonight, I saw some I really liked, for example a "Solstice" cruise out of Venice for 1499 $.

But how to book a deal like that in a European country ? If I call my usual travel agent tomorrow morning, she'll give me the regular, much higher prices - will she be able to book the "deals" as an option already for me or do I have to wait and see if something's available at 9 o'clock sharp on Tuesday morning? I mean, what happens at the time between Thursdays ( when the offer can be seen) and Tuesdays ( when the offers can be booked) ??

Might it be better to call Celebrity itself? When will they offer the reduced prices or won't they be on sale in Europe at all? I have sometimes seen guarantee cabins offered at a reduced price and sometimes a price drop appears as well, but the Euro rate , for example, was often much higher - which is a bit strange - or it was not offered at all.

Can I book online via credit card myself or do I have to go through a TA or call Celebrity itself?

So many questions...:confused: Sorry about that!

Any help with booking formalities is greatly appreciated!! We've become addicted to cruising a bit late in life, but we really love to go now! But unfortunately we are on a yearly budget and therefore avid to grab an opportunity... Thank you all.

Try an online TA in the USA ... unfortunately CC rules mean that I can't name any, but a Google search should find them.

I am in New Zealand and booked in the USA to get a better deal. Everything went smoothly - the documents are sent by email or are e-documents so the TA didn't even need to mail anything.

Of course to get the Exciting Deal you must book on the Tuesday in question.

Thanks for your answers! Unfortunately, so far nothing worked. One US online agency didn't accept overseas bookings.(I'll try another one to be sure).

My own TA was only able to find out that she m i g h t get an offer on Tuesday itself, but neither the answer itself nor the reduction are a sure thing. Pretty complicated.

So - perhaps some more people who booked an "exciting deal" from a non-US country can offer their experiences . Thank you! I'm beginning to get worried that my coveted cruise will fall through.

Archived