Dunedin tour ?

clr0806

We love Celebrity but the Volendam itinerary for 11-21-11 had 2 Australia ports rather than sea days we were interested in. In addition to be being 2 days longer it was cheaper so we are going to give Hal a try.

We love Celebrity but the Volendam itinerary for 11-21-11 had 2 Australia ports rather than sea days we were interested in. In addition to be being 2 days longer it was cheaper so we are going to give Hal a try.

If you like X you will probably like HAL. We just got off the Zaandam and other than the awful cigarette smoke it was great.

I am not concerned about night life issues or shows because this is going to be a very port intensive trip and we have full day tours scheduled at several ports. I expect the food will be similar. I do hope that they have a similar spot like the Martini Bar we have always enjoyed.

• 3 weeks later...
We used D Tours as well. In fact have used him twice. Eddie is very good and would highly recommend.

I tried searching for them on the internet but could only find reviews and not a web site for them. Do they have a website? If so, can someone provide a link? I'd like to see what kind of excursions they have to offer.

Thanks!

Anne

I tried searching for them on the internet but could only find reviews and not a web site for them. Do they have a website? If so, can someone provide a link? I'd like to see what kind of excursions they have to offer.

Thanks!

Anne

Hi wondering if perhaps they are no longer operating. The web site was always http://www.d-tours.co.nz but when I tried to look, it came up as error messages or no longer available....and that was through a few other web sites associated with them as well. I even went through a travel agency site, and d-tours came up exactly the same, a no go. Perhaps you could email the i-site for Dunedin and enquire.

Jen

• 2 weeks later...

AzEileen - I just made the reservation for the Taieri Gorge Railway directly for Dec. 10th.

The train leaves Dunedin Train Station at 9.30AM (to Pukerangi) and returns at 1.30PM.

The return fare is NZ$84.00/p.p. No pre-payment required. Their website is http://www.taieri.co.nz.

If you book this excursion through HAL - the train will be at pier side.

• 4 weeks later...
AzEileen - I just made the reservation for the Taieri Gorge Railway directly for Dec. 10th.

The train leaves Dunedin Train Station at 9.30AM (to Pukerangi) and returns at 1.30PM.

The return fare is NZ$84.00/p.p. No pre-payment required. Their website is www.taieri.co.nz.

What kind of transportation is available from port to the train station?

The return fare is NZ$84.00/p.p. No pre-payment required. Their website is www.taieri.co.nz.

Out of curiousity who is HAL I dont always understand abreviations

Hi wondering if perhaps they are no longer operating. The web site was always http://www.d-tours.co.nz but when I tried to look, it came up as error messages or no longer available....and that was through a few other web sites associated with them as well. I even went through a travel agency site, and d-tours came up exactly the same, a no go. Perhaps you could email the i-site for Dunedin and enquire.

Jen

I found an email address for D-Tours via the New Zealand Tourism Guide Website. It's Eddy Bell [d-tours@xtra.co.nz]. When I sent an email (May 31, 2011) inquiring about a tour in Dunedin I received an auto-reply, but haven't received any other communication. That could be because my cruise isn't until Jan 2012.

Another suggestion, which I am sure I have mentioned on another thread, is Elmwildlife Tours. We went with them, and it was one of the best tours we have ever been on. They do a tour of the city highlights first, then off to a private property with stunning scenery, seals, penguins etc etc, then down the Otago Peninsula for more amazing scenery and the albatross centre. I highly recommend this tour. Suggest you do not pay extra to view albatross, as we saw them flying around, plus the ship sails right past their nesting area (on other side of hill to the alb centre). Stand on the right hand side of the ship, after departure. Do you like my nautical terms!!!

Jen

Archived