Majesty of the Seas-earliest flight out of Miami

How realistic is an 11:15 AM flight out of Miami on a Monday morning off the Majesty? I called Crown and Anchor and they said anything after 11 (out of Miami) is fine? Does anyone think this would be cutting it too close? I usually try to be the last person off the ship so I have no experience to draw on.

I would say you will be cutting it close. I just went on the Majesty from Miami and have a 1:00 flight out. Although we had a hour to spare at the airport, I feel 11:00 would have been pushing it. We were the first group off the ship (leave in groups from 8:00 until about 9:30) so if you get a late group that will cut your time as well. After this, it took a few minutes to wait for baggage and then for our shuttle to get us to the airport. I would bump it back a bit to be safe if you can. Is it do-able, yes.... but you will be crunching for time and it might make the ending of your vacation a bit stressful. Hope this helps!

Last year we were on the Majesty and walked off with our luggage. We had difficulty getting on an elevator with our luggage, so this slowed us down. After all of us getting separated and then meeting back up, we were off the ship and through customs by 830.

Just make sure you are the first group to get off and you will be fine. There will be no custom or taxi lines. I have made an 11:15 flight plenty of times. I think the only way this won't work is if the ship comes in late due to other circumstances, which you have no control over.

How realistic is an 11:15 AM flight out of Miami on a Monday morning off the Majesty? I called Crown and Anchor and they said anything after 11 (out of Miami) is fine? Does anyone think this would be cutting it too close? I usually try to be the last person off the ship so I have no experience to draw on.

With the self-disembark this is a piece of cake assuming the ship has no other issues.

We were off the ship last week by 8:30, and ended up switching our 4:30 PM flight to 10:15AM. I would personally do the express self debark if you plan on booking an early flight.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I am still not sure whether to take the chance or not. How often do ships arrive back late on disembarkation day?

I would say that it depends on your comfort level with the chance of missing your flight! You should be OK but if are going to worry about it, and yes you will worry the night before disembarkation and is it worth it!

We cruise frequently on the Majesty and always do self embark or Priority and I am in my office in Coral Gables by 8:30 a.m. starting time. The Miami airport is two miles from my office. 11:15 is perfect.

I would do it. I just got back from the majesty in may. We had a 1pm flight.....from ft lauderdale. We were late clearing customs and took the late group to get off since we had time to kill. In no hurry at all and still got a seat at the airport to wait for our flight at 10:30.

I would do it, like the other post said...i'd worry the night before but I would do that if i had a 2pm flight. But..just make sure you are the first off the ship and get a cab..not the buses as they have to fill up first. Also, take your luggage with you. If you can manage doing all of this then you will be fine.

We couldnt change our flights to a earlier time as it would be 150pp..total of 450 just to do that plus the other flights were full.

Good luck and happy sailings.

I just went through this yesterday on the Majesty.

The ship was docked at 6:30 am.

Self assist started at 7:00 am.

I had a color/number about half way through debarkation was off the ship and through customs by 8:10. Very short wait.

Took a cab ($24 plus tip) and was at the Miami airport at 8:25.

There was a long line through security and that took about 40 minutes.

I was at the gate at 9:10 for my 11:40 flight on American.

If you do the self-debarkation and take a cab there should be plenty of time.

Archived