The Love Boat isn't real

Thoth

Hawaii !! One can't beat Hawaii for a vacation destination. I've been twice...both on business trips. Those Hawaiian cruises look enticing where one will see each island for two days, but there is all that flying from the Eastern US and the cost at 200% would be on the high end.

Another on my cruise "to do" list is the West Coast cruise Los Angles, San Francisco, Oregon, Washington State, and BC.

Back when Titanic came out, I was one of the few who did not just go crazy about the film.

I felt it was over-rated then. Avatar is the same way. I guess I'm just not a James Cameron fan.

Hey Wayne (welcome to Wayne’s world)

Hawaii!! One can't beat Hawaii for a vacation destination. I've been twice...both on business trips. Those Hawaiian cruises look enticing where one will see each island for two days, but there is all that flying from the Eastern US and the cost at 200% would be on the high end.

I promised this cruise to May maternal unit last year after she mentioned that everyone needs something to look forward to… (after my east coast voyage that she wasn’t invited too)… so now every other cruise is with her (which is okay as we go our own directions except for meals, I took her on Hal in May so it’s all good for me to go LALA land on m own)

Another on my cruise "to do" list is the West Coast cruise Los Angles, San Francisco, Oregon, Washington State, and BC.

Okay the cruise is from Vancouver to La with no stops.. but the train stops every where you listed… So excited as they even have wine and cheese pairings every afternoon on the train

Back when Titanic came out, I was one of the few who did not just go crazy about the film.

Have only ever seen it on TV

I felt it was over-rated then. Avatar is the same way. I guess I'm just not a James Cameron fan.

Haven’t seen it yet!

You will love Bermuda!!! I did.. (okay I fell in love with the island… than a man…. Left the island ….then left the man.. but still miss the Island)

Party on Pia ! ...Wayne's World...you did see that movie...did you not ? Mike Myers and Dana Carvey...back when Saturday Night Live was funny.

Your "maternal unit" is correct in that we all need something to look forward to. For me it is travel, but too bad I can't get as excited about television as I do for travel. It would save quite a bit of money if I could be addicted to cheap TV as I am for going new places. On the Massdam last month the telly was on when I arrived, I then turned it off and left it off the whole cruise.

My paternal units don't do cruises, but they do love to travel via car. We have done some neat fly & drive trips...Crater Lake, Mount Rainer, California Redwoods, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah, and last year we flew into Montana then drove to Glacier National park, then into Alberta and British Columbia. If I can talk them into doing it, we want to visit London next year.

The Napa Valley of California is so lovely. When I was out there in the Air Force, I would visit the wine region to get away from the urban sprawl. Saint Helena and Calistoga were my favorite towns. V Sattui is my favorite winery.

Are you into blue people ? That's pretty much what Avatar is about ! These modern movies are so silly sometimes.

Thanks for the encouragement about Bermuda. I'm doing my own air into Charleston SC two days early. I plan to walk the cobblestone streets and eat some local foods, then catch my ship. The hotel is two blocks away, so unless it is raining I should have no trouble walking to the ship. In King's Wharf, I'm doing two ship tours...one is an evening sailing to see coral reefs under the lights. Hopefully get to see the sea's night shift at work.

The next day, I have an island tour to Hamilton and Saint George. In there sometime, there is hopefully time to visit Royal Dockyard.

I've run my mouth enough...LOL. I'll talk all day if I don't close.

Wayne ( Party on ! )

Party on Pia ! ...Wayne's World...you did see that movie...did you not ? Mike Myers and Dana Carvey...back when Saturday Night Live was funny.

This is a movie that I saw at the movie theatre. Mike Myers grew up in our neighborhood in the suburbs of Toronto and the donut shop in the film (the one that he hung out at growing up) was a block away from our house! LOVED that film! And agree that was when SNL was funny.

Your "maternal unit" is correct in that we all need something to look forward to. For me it is travel, but too bad I can't get as excited about television as I do for travel. It would save quite a bit of money if I could be addicted to cheap TV as I am for going new places. On the Massdam last month the telly was on when I arrived, I then turned it off and left it off the whole cruise.

I have yet to watch any TV on a ship… WHY would I? I will find a quiet nook and read a book… I will find a serenity area and listen to my music BUT watch TV.. NOPE

My paternal units don't do cruises, but they do love to travel via car. We have done some neat fly & drive trips...Crater Lake, Mount Rainer, California Redwoods, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah, and last year we flew into Montana then drove to Glacier National park, then into Alberta and British Columbia. If I can talk them into doing it, we want to visit London next year.

That would be amazing to see England. Last time I was there I was 15.. but fell in love with Canterbury.. both the town and the cathedral

The Napa Valley of California is so lovely. When I was out there in the Air Force, I would visit the wine region to get away from the urban sprawl. Saint Helena and Calistoga were my favorite towns. V Sattui is my favorite winery.

Thanks for the heads up on this! So can’t wait to see Cali :D

Are you into blue people ? That's pretty much what Avatar is about ! These modern movies are so silly sometimes.

Yeah I have no interest

Thanks for the encouragement about Bermuda. I'm doing my own air into Charleston SC two days early. I plan to walk the cobblestone streets and eat some local foods, then catch my ship. The hotel is two blocks away, so unless it is raining I should have no trouble walking to the ship. In King's Wharf, I'm doing two ship tours...one is an evening sailing to see coral reefs under the lights. Hopefully get to see the sea's night shift at work.

So COOL!!!! The reefs there are teaming with fish! One of favorite fish is there.. The Parrot fish. Very interesting fish as each school has one male and several females, and should anything happen to the male.. then the most dominant female becomes a male. (sorry full of fish facts.. Volunteer at the Aquarium)

The next day, I have an island tour to Hamilton and Saint George. In there sometime, there is hopefully time to visit Royal Dockyard.

If you would like to try a “Nice” restaurant while you are there I have a friend that owns some of the “nicest” on the island that I could introduce you too! Sorry due to this be open internet I won’t put his info here... but you can reach me at (pee dot aah at gmail dot com

I've run my mouth enough...LOL. I'll talk all day if I don't close.

Wayne ( Party on ! )

Everything you write is very interesting.. so keep typing ;)

• 1 month later...

I grew up on the the shows listed also. i think shows have gone down since then to watch has a family , try watching some of the new shows with your mom visiting and most of the show is about hooking up . :rolleyes: i have been looking at the single cruise to spain what place r nice to see and safe.

I grew up on the the shows listed also. i think shows have gone down since then to watch has a family , try watching some of the new shows with your mom visiting and most of the show is about hooking up . :rolleyes: i have been looking at the single cruise to spain what place r nice to see and safe.

New TV shows are basically trash today. Even the History Channel is inundated with ''reality TV" .

Growing up we only watched 2 channels, but those two had quality entertainment. For one thing, Love Boat and Fantasy Island on Saturday evenings ABC had a moral compass. Maybe the captain offended Gopher but in the end everyone made amends.

New TV shows are basically trash today. Even the History Channel is inundated with ''reality TV" .

Growing up we only watched 2 channels, but those two had quality entertainment. For one thing, Love Boat and Fantasy Island on Saturday evenings ABC had a moral compass. Maybe the captain offended Gopher but in the end everyone made amends.

Hey lets not forget that Doc was always looking for a hook up :p

This is fantastic Thoth all the Cruises you did and will be going too. Are they all solo cruising??? I can imagine myself in such big boats all by myself...going first time ever solo but decided for a smaller ship, Azamara Journey.

This is fantastic Thoth all the Cruises you did and will be going too. Are they all solo cruising??? I can imagine myself in such big boats all by myself...going first time ever solo but decided for a smaller ship, Azamara Journey.

Oh yes, all by myself...a solo cruiser.

It really is quite easy really and I never get lonely. On these ships it is all so simple to make friends by just being friendly myself.

Congratulations on the up-coming cruise of yours. That ship ( Journey) only carries 700 people so you should not have any trouble seeing your new friends every day. On those big big big ships I might meet someone on day 1 and never see them again. On the smaller ships make a new friend on the first day and expect to see them several times.

Oh yes, all by myself...a solo cruiser.

It really is quite easy really and I never get lonely. On these ships it is all so simple to make friends by just being friendly myself.

Congratulations on the up-coming cruise of yours. That ship ( Journey) only carries 700 people so you should not have any trouble seeing your new friends every day. On those big big big ships I might meet someone on day 1 and never see them again. On the smaller ships make a new friend on the first day and expect to see them several times.

Thank you so much for responding. I think once I will try the solo Cruise I will prefer it this way. No problem with meeting people, which I also do in Real Estate, you have to be friendly I can wait to see all those places + I speak a bit of Italian and fluently french so I have more chances to begin a conversation with people in Europe France. You will love Bermuda it is a very British Island and everybody drives a scooter around to visit. You must see the Cave which Ester William turn her first movie.

They have a place in the cave where she did some swimming for the movie.

Thank you so much for responding. I think once I will try the solo Cruise I will prefer it this way. No problem with meeting people, which I also do in Real Estate, you have to be friendly I can wait to see all those places + I speak a bit of Italian and fluently french so I have more chances to begin a conversation with people in Europe France. You will love Bermuda it is a very British Island and everybody drives a scooter around to visit. You must see the Cave which Ester William turn her first movie.

They have a place in the cave where she did some swimming for the movie.

good to know that Bermuda is a worthy cruise destination. It will not be long for me !

My last cruise was from Montreal...HAL Maasdam. I spent the night at the Hyatt downtown and walked about the downtown and to the old city's waterfront. Lovely place !

The Saint Lawrence was high and the ship couldn't get into port of Montreal, so we were bussed to Quebec City.

good to know that Bermuda is a worthy cruise destination. It will not be long for me !

My last cruise was from Montreal...HAL Maasdam. I spent the night at the Hyatt downtown and walked about the downtown and to the old city's waterfront. Lovely place !

The Saint Lawrence was high and the ship couldn't get into port of Montreal, so we were bussed to Quebec City.

You must be looking forward to leave on your Cruise to Bermuda since time is getting so close.

Will you be visiting other Islands? It sure looks like you just love to go to Alaska why??

Lee

You must be looking forward to leave on your Cruise to Bermuda since time is getting so close.

Will you be visiting other Islands? It sure looks like you just love to go to Alaska why??

Lee

One of the downers of a typical Bermuda cruise is that the ship only visits one place ( Bermuda) but one gets more than a day there. That's the case with me.

Why Alaska ? That place is just so beautiful...mountains & fjords, plus an array of wildlife which is hard to match elsewhere...from salmon to bears, to otters to eagles,from whales to killer whales.

The ports tend to be some of the best also...Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway, Sitka, Victoria BC.

There is a certain genuineness not found in many beach and t-shirt shop ports of the Caribbean.

One of the downers of a typical Bermuda cruise is that the ship only visits one place ( Bermuda) but one gets more than a day there. That's the case with me.

Why Alaska ? That place is just so beautiful...mountains & fjords, plus an array of wildlife which is hard to match elsewhere...from salmon to bears, to otters to eagles,from whales to killer whales.

The ports tend to be some of the best also...Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway, Sitka, Victoria BC.

There is a certain genuineness not found in many beach and t-shirt shop ports of the Caribbean.

I will try one day Alaska so many people talks about the beauty of the things to see.

You should try a Cruise in Europe because once you take this kind of trip you wont go back to the Carribean. Every ports are different with so much history. Plus the Azamara Journey offers a discount for solo cruiser (125%) for cabins.

I will try one day Alaska so many people talks about the beauty of the things to see.

You should try a Cruise in Europe because once you take this kind of trip you wont go back to the Carribean. Every ports are different with so much history. Plus the Azamara Journey offers a discount for solo cruiser (125%) for cabins.

I have considered Europe. The travel intinerary is a bit rough with two trans-Atlantic flights in a week and a port per day. The 10 day cruises don't fit my schedule.

Those relaxing 7 day cruises which are a short flight away...NICE !

Once you have cruised to Alaska you do want to go back!

I think it is one of the most beautiful places on earth! And seeing and hearing glacier calf is an amazing experience.

To me this is the ture meaning of the "Love" boat as Im on a boat exactly where i "love" to be

Once you have cruised to Alaska you do want to go back!

I think it is one of the most beautiful places on earth! And seeing and hearing glacier calf is an amazing experience.

To me this is the ture meaning of the "Love" boat as Im on a boat exactly where i "love" to be

good point. Next year will be my third Alaska cruise.

So timely...

This was on FB today (all good as it is a link to CC's FB page)

Wall Photos

By Cruise Critic · 158 of 158

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hot debate at Cruise Critic HQ today: Which cruise line does this captain belong to? We think the answer is generational. You tell us

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?fbid=10150245443386767&set=a.118044936766.111323.47806071766&type=1&theater

So timely...

This was on FB today (all good as it is a link to CC's FB page)

Wall Photos

By Cruise Critic · 158 of 158

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hot debate at Cruise Critic HQ today: Which cruise line does this captain belong to? We think the answer is generational. You tell us

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?fbid=10150245443386767&set=a.118044936766.111323.47806071766&type=1&theater

the one and only Merrill Stubing !!

He still shows up to promote Princess from time to time...I'm told.

One might never know, he *could* be on the Golden Princess with me next year.

Thing is...since I've already booked there is no need to sell me onto Princess and if he is into promotion then him showing up on my cruise sort of defeats the purpose.

the one and only Merrill Stubing !!

He still shows up to promote Princess from time to time...I'm told.

One might never know, he *could* be on the Golden Princess with me next year.

Thing is...since I've already booked there is no need to sell me onto Princess and if he is into promotion then him showing up on my cruise sort of defeats the purpose.

LOL :p

But you never know he might lead you to "love" just like he assisted so many on the show

LOL:p

LOL :p

But you never know he might lead you to "love" just like he assisted so many on the show

LOL:p

He might !

The guy is 80 years old so it is doubtful he can stay up past 9 PM anymore.

Too bad, since most of the "action" happens late night.

He might !

The guy is 80 years old so it is doubtful he can stay up past 9 PM anymore.

Too bad, since most of the "action" happens late night.

LOL.. i wonder if any of the other cast memebers cruise?

LOL.. i wonder if any of the other cast memebers cruise?

Good question !

I saw Bernie Kopell on an episode of "My Name is Earl". That brief part made me miss "Doc".

Fred "don't call me Gopher" Grandy was a US Congressman awhile back. I get the impression that he moved on and didn't wish to be associated with "Gopher" anymore. I might be wrong.

Lauren Tewes valued her drug lifestyle over her career.

Whatever happened to Ted Lange ? Jill Whelan ? Beats me !!

Good question !

I saw Bernie Kopell on an episode of "My Name is Earl". That brief part made me miss "Doc".

Fred "don't call me Gopher" Grandy was a US Congressman awhile back. I get the impression that he moved on and didn't wish to be associated with "Gopher" anymore. I might be wrong.

Lauren Tewes valued her drug lifestyle over her career.

Whatever happened to Ted Lange ? Jill Whelan ? Beats me !!

I googled "Love Boat: Where are they now" and found a great site:D

Archived