The Love Boat isn't real

Thoth

• 2 weeks later...
what You tube video were you wishing to share ? It didn't cut and paste.

HAPPY BOXING DAY !

LOL.. it was supposed to have been the one of the Love Boat at Christmas...

On a side note.. impressed that you knew that it was boxing day here :D

LOL.. it was supposed to have been the one of the Love Boat at Christmas...

On a side note.. impressed that you knew that it was boxing day here :D

about 20 years ago, I was stationed in England with the US Air Force. I loved the place and remembered Boxing Day. I think that the US should observe this as a holiday also.

I agree! I love it as its a day to rest after Christmas ... Though it is like your black Friday here with the sales.

If you go shopping it isn't a day of rest is it ? On Black Friday I run away...far away from those stores. I do my best shopping after Christmas when stores mark things down to clear space. I just bought a sweater for $9. I'll now have 2 new sweaters for my trips to the cool weather places...London and Alaska.

• 2 months later...

Now that is sad, but not unexpected. She was built in 1971. They should at least film a reunion show on her before she is scrap iron.

As far as I know season 3 and onward is still *not* on DVD and I suspect will never be released to video.

I'm scheduled to sail on one of the newer "Love Boats" in September...Island Princess ( a new Island , not the old one )

Nice hearing from you Pia !

Wayne

Thoth.. You will have an amazing time!!! Our mutual love for Alaska surpasses our love for "the boat" can't wait to be back in Glacier Bay... The most beautiful place I have ever been.. Just saying :)

Thoth.. You will have an amazing time!!! Our mutual love for Alaska surpasses our love for "the boat" can't wait to be back in Glacier Bay... The most beautiful place I have ever been.. Just saying :)

Oh yes, Alaska is my favorite cruise destination. New England & Eastern Canada is high on my list also. Beaches and rum bars just isn't my cup of tea. San Juan is my favorite Caribbean port, for one reason...history & culture.

Next month, I'm going to London, but not on cruise.

Wayne

Oh yes, Alaska is my favorite cruise destination. New England & Eastern Canada is high on my list also. Beaches and rum bars just isn't my cup of tea. San Juan is my favorite Caribbean port, for one reason...history & culture.

Next month, I'm going to London, but not on cruise.

Wayne

I liked my eastern cruise too! LOL.. i have yet to do a warm cruise :) i will one day .. but would like to see Norway along with a stop in Iceland and then also an Antarctica trip is a dream

Next month i will be taking a short Pacific coast cruise up from San Diego to Vancouver (excited to see the Pandas as the last time i saw them was many years ago in the London zoo).. and then 3 days later get on a HAL for a 1 nighter from Vancouver to Seattle... spend the day there then Amtrak home :)

Next month can't come soon enough!!!

I liked my eastern cruise too! LOL.. i have yet to do a warm cruise :) i will one day .. but would like to see Norway along with a stop in Iceland and then also an Antarctica trip is a dream

Next month i will be taking a short Pacific coast cruise up from San Diego to Vancouver (excited to see the Pandas as the last time i saw them was many years ago in the London zoo).. and then 3 days later get on a HAL for a 1 nighter from Vancouver to Seattle... spend the day there then Amtrak home :)

Next month can't come soon enough!!!

that's correct...next month cannot come soon enough. but then the sooner it comes the sooner it goes, which isn't so good.

Iceland and Antarctica ? If I could be so lucky ! Norway might be easier since there does seem to be plenty of cruises there.

The San Diego Zoo is suppose to be the best in the world, according to some. My parents and I took a detour from the mountains and went to the Calgary Zoo. Mother preferred that zoo to the Rockie Mountains at Glacier, Kooteney, & Banff National Parks.

Back when I was in the military over there, I visited London's Zoo at Regent's Park. Maybe next month we can go back there if we have time.

Even a 1 night cruise is a wonderful one night....enjoy.

Wayne

As a single/solo cruiser, I think the old Love Boat TV show has given many a false sense of what a cruise is all about.

I've been on 12 cruises and have met some fascinating individuals, but I've met a few who expected to "hook up" with Ms right on a cruise. There are times that I was the only one to show up for the single/solo meeting.

However...A ship is an ideal vacation of a single person in that there are 2000-3000 instant friends on-board. I never get lonely ! I party all right, just with married people.

Many who have never cruised fail to realize that pricing is geared to attract couples and families and we singles must pay 150-200%. Sure there are a few single people on-board, but most are older than what some expect.

Sad to say for some.... the TV show "Love Boat" got it all wrong.

I dont agree. I separated from my witch in 2009 and immediately went on a cruise and met a beautiful girl from Detroit, who ended up in my cabin on the last night of the cruise, and who I ended up falling madly in love with and went out with for two years until about a month ago. Would have married her if she wasn't insanely jealous (of women in movies , posters, cars, etc). Now I am heading out again next week and by God, I hope it is another love Boat.

Ya'll really need to try Azamara Journey. The best kept secret on the seas, their single supplement is 125% and you will have the time of your life. I've been on over 40 cruises, just started cruising as a single last year did 4 weeks on them San Juan to Manaus and back. That's the Amazon cruise. We had such a good time that we're having a reunion in PHX in 2 weeks. Both singles and couples are coming. Also spent 25 days on them last year in the Med/Riveria, one of those weeks was as a single, had a ball, was adopted by many couples and singles alike.

I and another lady friend are taking the 32 day transatlantic on Holland America leaving FLL on April 17. Have been on them before, only hope we're not the only singles on the entire ship. I'm already missing all the crew, captain, cruise director, manager of food and drink, etc from the Journey. It is truely the best cruise experience out there. Do yourselves a favor and check them out.:)

Ya'll really need to try Azamara Journey. The best kept secret on the seas, their single supplement is 125% and you will have the time of your life. I've been on over 40 cruises, just started cruising as a single last year did 4 weeks on them San Juan to Manaus and back. That's the Amazon cruise. We had such a good time that we're having a reunion in PHX in 2 weeks. Both singles and couples are coming. Also spent 25 days on them last year in the Med/Riveria, one of those weeks was as a single, had a ball, was adopted by many couples and singles alike.

I and another lady friend are taking the 32 day transatlantic on Holland America leaving FLL on April 17. Have been on them before, only hope we're not the only singles on the entire ship. I'm already missing all the crew, captain, cruise director, manager of food and drink, etc from the Journey. It is truely the best cruise experience out there. Do yourselves a favor and check them out.:)

Azamara Journey leaves from far-off places. It doesn't do the week from Miami or Seattle thing. I'm just a poor working man...LOL.

Oh my, a 32 day cruise would be just great ! We would certainly get to know everybody onboard.

I had to laugh when I read the title of this thread. My first cruise with a friend was in 1983 on the SS Norway (where I got my email address from). I admit we had thoughts of "Love Boat" love stories. We saw a large group of people having a ball at a nearby table. The group was from Singleworld. We decided that the next year we would go with that group and if we met someone, ok, if not, that was ok too. We loved cruising. The following year we took another NCL ship, the MS Starward. I met a man on that cruise who was from Colorado. We stayed in touch over 27 years and he died this past October. I laughed about the title of this thread because when we took a land vacation to Florida in February 1984 (over Valentine's Day), the Love Boat was on the TV when he turned it on that Saturday night. The first thing he said was, "That's not a ship, it's a movie set! I hate that show!" Well, because I liked the show, he left it on and went to the car for our luggage. After the show was over, there was a special with Anne Murray. She sang the song, "Nobody Loves Me Like You Do." After that, I thought of him every time I heard the song. He was a wonderful, sweet and caring man and I miss him. The funny thing about that cruise was that I wasn't "Looking for Love" but found it anyway. I guess it goes to show that you may find a great love when you are not looking.

I had to laugh when I read the title of this thread. My first cruise with a friend was in 1983 on the SS Norway (where I got my email address from). I admit we had thoughts of "Love Boat" love stories. We saw a large group of people having a ball at a nearby table. The group was from Singleworld. We decided that the next year we would go with that group and if we met someone, ok, if not, that was ok too. We loved cruising. The following year we took another NCL ship, the MS Starward. I met a man on that cruise who was from Colorado. We stayed in touch over 27 years and he died this past October. I laughed about the title of this thread because when we took a land vacation to Florida in February 1984 (over Valentine's Day), the Love Boat was on the TV when he turned it on that Saturday night. The first thing he said was, "That's not a ship, it's a movie set! I hate that show!" Well, because I liked the show, he left it on and went to the car for our luggage. After the show was over, there was a special with Anne Murray. She sang the song, "Nobody Loves Me Like You Do." After that, I thought of him every time I heard the song. He was a wonderful, sweet and caring man and I miss him. The funny thing about that cruise was that I wasn't "Looking for Love" but found it anyway. I guess it goes to show that you may find a great love when you are not looking.

That's a nice story. I am very sorry about the loss of your friend.

Right before she met her misfortune I saw the Norway anchored off of a Caribbean port. She looked so majestic...like a ship, not a floating hotel.

You're right we would have a ball. Keep saving up and maybe I'll see you on the Journey. They do a little in the Caribbean, but you're right about the week out of the states.

Keep having fun!!!

you keep having fun yourself. Someday I plan to do a cruise on the other side of the world...see you there maybe .

Archived